• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Connecting Rooms on Magic

DarleneSutton

Earning My Ears
We are a family of 5 and would like to book two staterooms on the 4 night Magic cruise. Can we request connecting rooms?

Yes. We requested and had connecting rooms on our cruise. We were on the 2nd floor. If you look at the layout of the ship in the guide they have a little symbol showing connecting rooms, so you know which rooms to request.

yes, this is how our family of 5 just traveled a month ago :( (oh how I hate to say "a month ago"). We had 2 connecting cat. 10 rooms on deck 2 (2135 & 2137) which were VERY nice and we were very happy to have 2 showers, 2 toilets, 4 sinks!! We had DD 12, DS 9 & DD 6 in one room, me & DH in the other. We had our stateroom host put in the gadgets they have to keep the doors open between the rooms plus I put duct tape over the locks in case they got shut, we could still open them easily (kind of like swinging doors). HTH :)

Just an FYI...

If you want to do the 4-night cruise you will need to book the Wonder. The Magic only does 7-day cruises.

Our family has done the 4-day in connecting rooms on the WOnder and will be doing the 7-day Western in connecting rooms on the Magic this October.

I'm curious, did you have to pay the full fare for your first two children in the other cabin? That's how it was explained to me. They also told me no one under 18 could stay in a cabin with out least one person over 21 in the same cabin. Do you mean there's a way around this that I didn't think of ? LOL. Of course, we only had a total of 4, maybe that's the difference.

We have booked adoining rooms for our XMAS 2003 cruise.

We are two parents and two DD's (12 & 15).

We are officially one parent and one child in each room.

However, one room will be configured as two single beds and one as one queen bed.

YOU do the math.

We were charged the full adult rate for each, since the rooms are priced based on double adult occupancy.

Given three women and the split bathrooms the extra space will be a god-send.

My girls feel like grown ups since they are "on their own" while we have privacy you don't really feel in a suite environment.

Quote: "I'm curious, did you have to pay the full fare for your first two children in the other cabin? That's how it was explained to me. They also told me no one under 18 could stay in a cabin with out least one person over 21 in the same cabin. Do you mean there's a way around this that I didn't think of ? LOL. Of course, we only had a total of 4, maybe that's the difference."

When pricing our cruise, our TA made the suggestion of doing ours this way, which was completely endorsed by many that I checked with on these boards.

Yes, we did have to pay adult prices for 1st two people in each room (ended up adult price for 4, child prices for 1 person). This ended up still costing a less than the family room that sleeps 5 would have been and we had the extra bathroom, extra square feet that we would have missed in 1 family room (however we had no veranda, which you get with that room).

Our TA stated they book 1 adult in each room, then split up the kids between the rooms and her exact words were "Disney doesn't care at all who sleeps where, they just need to put it down this way on paper". Our stateroom host indicated to us (when we asked him to fix the connecting doors so as to keep them open at all times) that MANY families travel this way on the ship.

Then when you get your KTTW cards, each adult has a card to the room he/she was booked under, kids also have cards to the rooms they were booked under. The adult cards cannot be set to open BOTH rooms, which is also why we wanted our doors between the 2 rooms left open at all times, even when we were out of the room, plus we did not want our children to be out of our line of site. We are pretty cautious & involved parents & felt very secure handling our arrangements this way (our oldest has a physical & visual disability which limits the amount of independence she can handle). It was really no different than having different bedrooms at home.

I understand what you mean about one parent in each cabin. However, I was tryin to book (an over 21) parent, 19YO, 17YO, and 7YO in connecting rooms. Not enough people over 21, I guess. At least the 7YO will get a kick out of the pull down bed.

Just FYI,

I have learned from these boards that extra cards can be gotten that will open the doors to the other room, but they will not be full fledged KTTW cards (i.e. no charging privledges)

We normally get two adjoining cat 9'S and it's still cheaper than a unit that sleeps five.

The advantages
More square footage
Two split bathrooms
Some adults privacy
I don't have to look at thier mess until it's time to pack

My personal rule for the second room is the child who comes in first gets thier choice of beds. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter