Connecting flight question

Canadian Harmony

DIS Veteran
I’m flying Victoria - Vancouver then after a bit of a layover, Vancouver - LAX. Do I need a covid test before I fly to Vancouver, or can I take one there before my flight to the US? They’ll still let me in my flight to YVR prior to a test, right? I’m booked for a test at YVR as it’s much cheaper and really quick result time. But if I have to cancel and book locally I will do that.

I'd definitely call the airline to double check on that since it's the airline that initially checks the results. We flew from Prince George to LAX at the end of August with a layover in Vancouver and the westjet agent asked for our test results in Prince George when we were checking our luggage. Because luggage goes all the way through to LAX we didn't actually have to go to a westjet counter in Vancouver so westjet didn't ask for results there. We were originally planning to test in Vancouver as well but I was able to find a clinic in Prince George for the same price so we opted to do it there and I'm glad we did.

Like others have said, I’d check with the airline. My guess (only a guess) is that you could check in for the first flight (to Vancouver) but they wouldn’t check you through to LAX. So, you’d have to do the test in YVR and then (after you have proof of a negative result) check in for your flight to LAX. Since you don’t need a test for your flight to YVR.

Just flew from Saskatoon to Toronto to Austin and no one got on the Saskatoon flight without showing their test and vaccination results. It was Air Canada.

Just flew from Saskatoon to Toronto to Austin and no one got on the Saskatoon flight without showing their test and vaccination results. It was Air Canada.

Everyone? But not everyone on that flight would be going to the US. If they were just doing Saskatoon to Toronto, for example, they wouldn’t have needed a test. Are you saying that they weren’t allowed to fly?

Everyone before and after me that I saw. Maybe it wasn’t everyone but it looked like it was.

And a quick update: the Shoppers in Nanaimo tests through LifeLabs. I was quite anxious about receiving my results before I board tomorrow at 9:30am as my test was scheduled for 1:20pm yesterday.

I joined the line up, was processed at the window in about 5 minutes, sat in a chair for 10, and fully expected the group of 6 ahead of me to go first, but I was called quickly before them. Then I sat while she did a bit of DNA collection on my cheeks, then my nose (tickled). I called customer service because I neglected to put my middle name down on the req, so the pharmacist handed me a pre printed slip with the number to call (seems it happens ALL the time). I talked to a nice guy and gave him my middle name and told him what time my flight was leaving and how I was anxious about return times. He said I’d have it before 7pm Wednesday.

My results arrived 14 hours or so later, over night!! So quick! I am so relieved!!

Also very happy they are trusted travel partners if we do end up going to Aulani at Christmas like we’re supposed to (hubby’s work may stop us from going and then I’ll have a sad). $157/test and back quickly. 10/10 would recommend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter