"connected" rooms at BWV

cindym

Mouseketeer
I originally had a 2 bedroom villa booked at the BWVs, but when we got a pin I could not use it for the 2 bedroom. The CM suggested I book a 1 bedroom and a studio at the BWV instead. The ressies are in 2 different names as the pin was in my adult daughter's name. She will be with us. I forgot to link them. When I called back to link them the cm said they are "connected". I have been calling back once a week to check for a 2 bedroom and the cms keep telling me "don't worry the reservations are connected". Connected is what they say not linked, adjoining or anything else. I know the rooms are lock-offs. These rooms were booked by us in the early spring. Am I dreaming to think maybe they will give us rooms that can be unlocked and made into a 2 bedroom? We are going Nov.28-Dec 4 which I know is a busy DVC time. We are a cash ressie. A 2 bedroom with the pin would be cheaper than my current ressie also so Disney wouldn't be losing any money.

If you have requested connecting rooms, I'm sure they will do their best to accommodate you if they are able.

As long as the rooms are next to each other, you will be able to open the door in between - that's what a lock-off is, it has a door that can be locked off to another villa.

I don't understand your last comment about the 2 BR with the PIN because you already said the 2 BR wasn't available with a PIN. The CM has given you an alternative that in the end works out the same, but allows you to use your PIN. It's just that they can't guarantee that the rooms are next to each other - because Disney doesn't really do that.

I am pretty sure that "connected" means the same as linking the reservations.

Hopefully, the room assigner will see that and put you in the rooms that are connecting. I would imagine, *if they could*, they would be a studio/1 bed lock off.

But, as you know, it's what's open at the time that determines the room assignment. Unfortunately, there's also no promise your rooms will be near each other.

Good luck!

Vicki c- I just meant that the two rooms combined cost more than the 2 bedrom would so if I get connected ones Disney is actually getting more money than if I used the pin for a 2 bedroom. I'm not complaining, I'm haapy that we got the BWVs at a busy DVC time.
Both of the replies to this are thinking the same thing I am. If we are lucky enough to get connecting rooms we will make it a 2 bedroom by unlocking the doors. We are traveling with a 2 year old so the extra room will be nice. Thanks

Hopefully you will get what you are hoping for - it will all depend on if all the 2 bedrooms are in use. We have had a 1 bedroom in the past that didn't have the door to combine with a studios so just be prepared that it might be a 1 bedroom with a studio next door and not doors between. It will all depend on how many 2 bedrooms are reserved as 2 bedrooms.

We were very lucky and we had rooms that were connected! We opened up the doors and had a 2 bedroom villa. Thank you WDW room assigners! We fell in love with this option and plan to use it again in the future with our little grandson. We will book 2 bedroom villas again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter