Comtemporary and DVC

Debbiebee68

Mouseketeer
We stayed at SSR July 18th -25th and our bus driver (on the way to Typhoon Lagoon) told us that Disney is very close to announcing a 16 story DVC resort building. Why would he lie? It will be very interesting to see.:thumbsup2

I don't think he'd lie either. But I do know from experience that some of the best rumors at WDW are spread by the bus and boat drivers.

It's not offical until it's official as Yogi Berra would say.

HBC

we just got back from disney and we also were told that the building work being done next to the comtemporary was the next dvc resort, that was going to be finshed in the next 3 years per a disney monarail operater while we were riding upfront.:cool1:

Do you think that DVC is offering DOUBLE developer points at SSR to close out sales before the announcement? :cool1:

Do you think that DVC is offering DOUBLE developer points at SSR to close out sales before the announcement? :cool1:

Same offer at AKV.

I know that folks are anxious to hear what's going on there, but I'm not sure why DVC would be in a big rush. According to permits filed they're going to be working at the site next to the CR for more than 2 years. The market will be there when DVC is ready to announce.

Same offer at AKV.

I know that folks are anxious to hear what's going on there, but I'm not sure why DVC would be in a big rush. According to permits filed they're going to be working at the site next to the CR for more than 2 years. The market will be there when DVC is ready to announce.

See, you just pointed out exactly one of the reasons I think it's probably DVC.

They have NO REASON not to announce a CR Suites addition to the CR resort. That would not, obviously, effect their business in any way.

They have EVERY reason not to announce a DVC expansion at the CR resort. They don't want people to wait to buy DVC, undercutting SSR and AKV sales. With 2 years of work left...why give people (I mean "average everyday people..not Dis'ers) a reason to wait for the MK resort?

See, you just pointed out exactly one of the reasons I think it's probably DVC.

They have NO REASON not to announce a CR Suites addition to the CR resort. That would not, obviously, effect their business in any way.

They have EVERY reason not to announce a DVC expansion at the CR resort. They don't want people to wait to buy DVC, undercutting SSR and AKV sales. With 2 years of work left...why give people (I mean "average everyday people..not Dis'ers) a reason to wait for the MK resort?

I agree. Why not announce the CR hotel addition if that is all it was? We all knew about the family suite renovations over at the values before they started.

AKV may have been pushed into the system becuase of SSR selling out 2 or 3 years ahead of schedule. DVC can not afford to have nothing to sell for 2 or 3 years while the CRV is built, so along comes AKV in the lodge. Much easier to convert existing rooms to DVC then build a high rise building.

I agree. Why not announce the CR hotel addition if that is all it was? We all knew about the family suite renovations over at the values before they started.

AKV may have been pushed into the system becuase of SSR selling out 2 or 3 years ahead of schedule. DVC can not afford to have nothing to sell for 2 or 3 years while the CRV is built, so along comes AKV in the lodge. Much easier to convert existing rooms to DVC then build a high rise building.

In addition, all the infrastructure for a DVC "addition" was put in place when AKL was originally built. Basically, all the utility "trunk lines", etc were laid when they dug up the area to build the lodge and much of what would need to be done for site prep was done,...which means a MUCH easier (and quicker) process in adding Kidani Village to the fold.

I think, originally, both plans were on the table. When the two timelines (and possibly cost analysis) were presented, Disney fasttracked AKV as "next", and designated CRV as "after". All MHO, of course.

until the annoucement it is still a rumor.

A rumor I want to be true. but it is only a rumor.

plus as someone pointed out the suites at the CR were not rehab. They got the new TV - but not the bathrooms....

so if this is a DVC CR and they go with AKL set up. It could be opened much, much earlier. by turning the suites into DVC units.

but this is only a wish not a fact.

My *friend* in DVC (who's been very accurate in his info) said it is indeed a high rise DVC, and they are currently planning a Jan '08 announcement. That is part of the 7 month limit on current developer points, but I'm not sure how. The reason for the delay in the announcement is that--because it is a high rise--it won't be able to open rooms in stages like the other DVCs until it is almost done. Robust sales of AKV have pushed the project along, and construction will move forward quickly at CRV and AKV.

They are also pushing to get SSR close to sold out before the announcement but it's not a deciding factor. That used to be important but now that they have inventory in most resorts most of the time it's less important. Look for a change to sales re: resales. Not a bad thing, but disney (realizing the resale market is going up proportionally with the number of owners) would like a hand in that business as well. It helps them maintain a floor on value and make money on the financing end. This change doesn't sound imminent, but if they think they are missing out of some income (especially with a sales force already in place) trust me, they are working hard on this issue.

We stayed at SSR July 18th -25th and our bus driver (on the way to Typhoon Lagoon) told us that Disney is very close to announcing a 16 story DVC resort building. Why would he lie? It will be very interesting to see.:thumbsup2

Well, that seals it for me :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter