COMPLETE Sketch Swap in Color

Great! Christmas flocked it is. :thumbsup2

Zebra works with me if you don't use zebra shapes for elements. Zebra striped flowers/brads/circles are okay. Because then it can be used for anything. Once you put in a zebra shape, it becomes a zoo page. I saw a really cool layout that was title Wild Girl or Child, but did not use zoo pictures.

yay! will keep the xmas theme - it will be sketch # 23C with the trees!

love the zebra paper idea, will work for photos of Megan - Jim always called her his "Wild Thing" :goodvibes

question on my red group.....have some beautiful red rose paper and some that have "I love you" in different langauges....would that be ok to use - no hearts on either paper...

Roses and "I love you" in different languages can be used for a pictures of couples, parents and children, pets, etc. So I think it is okay.

Roses and "I love you" in different languages can be used for a pictures of couples, parents and children, pets, etc. So I think it is okay.

that's what I was thinking too....the paper is so pretty and a lovely deep red shades!

Ok, I think I have decided on my paper and I just want to make sure I'm on the right track regarding the blue group before I order. The paper has a summer feel to it -- think swimming pool blue with a little bit of green and orange. I know you were trying to avoid the holiday paper, but I wasn't sure on the seasonal ones. Just let me know if I need to pick something less specific. Thanks.

I finished my brown group layout. I only glued one together but I have all the other pieces cut. If it's okay and you all like it, then I'll start assembly for the other 3.

Sketch 20F: I did score the areas where you can use 4x3 and 2x2 photos. But 4x6 ones fit also--love that since I don't cut my pics down real small. The patterned paper is glittered and my accents are pop dotted matching epoxy stickers. There are 3 epoxy stickers on the left, I just placed them in spots where they would not cover up the flowers. There is 1 big flower and 2 smaller ones with leaves on the left hand accent spot. The paper line is WeR Memory Keepers White Out.
043-1.jpg

Here I grabbed some photos and laid them on the photo mats so you can see how it would look with pictures. I did have to trim a sliver off of each photo so you can see the mat underneath. The sketch is meant to have the pics. right next to each other and making the mats any bigger than 4x6 won't fit.
042-1-1.jpg

Do you want me to draw the journaling lines on all of them?

The sketch takes some thought when assembling since some layers are over cut strips and some are under. Other than that, I really like the finished sketch! The title goes on the left hand page accross that top strip and can flow onto the right some too.

So what do you think? I've never done a color swap before...is this layout brown enough? I know we are allowed to use complimentary colors, but just wanted to see if this is on the right track.

:rotfl2:
Yes it is brown enough.
:rotfl2:

It looks great. I love the complimenting colors you have chosen.

All the other swaps have the requirement for drawing/stamping or using lined paper for the journal spots [or cutting strips if that sketch calls for it]. I guess I would feel bad if someone took the time to cut out all those strips or draw the lines and I didn't.

I think 5 lines would be plenty. We can always add more if we need to after we get the layouts.

Traci that is really cute...not getting it though :sad1:

Here are two of my groups....I drew my journal lines

Group A - Red---wow that;s washed out....it is a really deep dark red

P1100117.jpg

Group L - flocked ....I flocked the trunks of the trees and the plaid tree in the front

P1100116.jpg

hope these will work for everyone!

Awesome work, Lisa, but I'm not getting either of those :(

I suck at drawing straight lines. I would rather send them without my lines because I am sooooooooooooooooooo bad at it.

:confused3 Ruler and a pen. That is all I use. They are not always evenly spaced, but close. I like when I can use a stamp, but most of the ones I have don't work well with the sketches.

I love both pages. They look great!!:love:

Lisa, love themm both!

I can't draw a straight line:confused3. I have tried a ruler and even template that has the lined nicely spaced, just can't get them straight and neat. I keep trying though....

Cassey

Do you know how to use Word?

For the ones, like on Traci's where the journal box is a separate piece...you can make a basic text box, and then justify the text and use the underscore key to make the lines. Then you can print and cut just inside the outer lines. I've used this when I've made books for family with journaling blocks, and what I was planning on doing for this.

Thanks girls! You made my day with your kind words.

Lisa I especially :lovestruc the trees layout!!!!!!!!!! Cute! That one would be great for pictures of ornaments. We have a bunch of special ornaments that celebrate things. I know I photographed them a few years back and the pictures are still filed with my christmas stuff waiting to be scrapped. I hope they are the right size to use for this layout! Cute!!

I love the layouts Traci and Lisa :love: I knew I would regret not joining this swap (darn that promise I made DH and the contract he had me sign ;))

Do you know how to use Word?

For the ones, like on Traci's where the journal box is a separate piece...you can make a basic text box, and then justify the text and use the underscore key to make the lines. Then you can print and cut just inside the outer lines. I've used this when I've made books for family with journaling blocks, and what I was planning on doing for this.

:worship::worship::worship:Thank you!!!! I never thought of that, but I will be using this to make my journal boxes.

Cassey

thanks everyone :)

my trick for the journal lines...kept the edge of the ruler against the photo mat and ended at the same spot on the ruler...not perfect, but I've never seen a stamp for journal lines or lined paper I thought would work....have used word before on someother things I've done in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter