Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

This evening we received an update from TeresaG from their dinner last night at the Grand Floridian's...

"We started with drinks. I had a glass of wine, DH had a beer."

"I had the Artisanal Cheeses - Five tasting portions from around the world accompaniments."

"I enjoyed the variety, but did not like the blue cheese and another soft cheese that I can't remember the name of. DH loved them though, so it worked out."

"DH had the Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes with Gingered "Sweet Potato Salad" with Creole Mustard Sauce and Candied Pecans. (no pic received) He LOVED this. I tried it too and it was very good."

"We both had the Grilled Filet Mignon with "Smoked" Boniato Whipped Potatoes and Yellow Wax and French Beans with Cabernet Wine Sauce."

"DH added the lobster tail to his."

"We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The filet was cooked perfectly."

"For dessert I had the Almond-crusted Cheesecake with lambert cherry sauce...

... and DH had the baked chocolate mousse."

"Both were delicious but we were too full to finish them."

"We were brought out complimentary champagne and our desserts had happy anniversary signs on them." :)

"We both enjoyed our meal here. And we got to watch Hallowishes which was a fantastic bonus."

5 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for name, pic of DH, and fireworks pic

MichelleWDWfan sent us a couple of Epcot snack updates, the first one from Italy's...

Michelle with a gelato sandwich and sparkling wine

"They made the sandwich fresh and it was made with two chocolate chip cookies...yum!"

And then from Japan's...

Rainbow Kakigori

2 September Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign/menu and pic of Michelle

We have received several updates from Miss Potts this evening, starting with a three part update from the Polynesian resort.

King Kamehameha Club Lounge

She said, "Saturday was our lazy pool day...I slept in and had this at the lounge:"

"Bagel, mini blueberry muffin, mini chocolate chip muffin."

"And if you are having a lazy pool day at the Poly, then lunch has to come from:"

"DH had the bacon cheeseburger with Asian slaw...

... and I had the Polynesian Salad with chicken."

"We took it back to the lounge and ate in there... We were really hungry and started eating before I remembered to take photos! Whoops!"

"Almost forgot, we had some Cheetos too." :)

"While at the pool we snacked on some gold fish and trail mix from the lounge... "

"They also were kind enough to put beer into plastic cups (no pics of this)."

"Before we went to the MK for the night, we snacked on a few items from the lounge..."

"Edamame salad, spring rolls, and BBQ pork."

13 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Next update from Miss Potts was a two-part one from Magic Kingdom.

She said, "We weren't starving but knew we wanted something, so we went to for a lobster roll at...

Columbia Harbour House

"Then at the end of the night, we got a Dole Whip Float and Orange Swirl from..."

3 September Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menus, and pic of Miss Potts

Hi everyone,

Merida34 checking in as an October reporter! We will be staying at Old Key West from October 4-13. It will be myself: Jen, my DH, our DS (turning 11 on 10/4), our DD (7), my DMIL and DFIL for all 10 days. We will also be joined by our cousin, her DH and her DD (21), her DS(16) and her DS(14) for 5 of the days. We have lots of ADRs booked but I am known to change things around so we will see where we end up! As of now we have 'Ohana for (B & D),Be our Guest (D), Chef Mickey's (D), TRex (L), Le Cellier (D), Raglan Road (D), Via Napoli (D), Cape May Cafe (D), Liberty Tree Tavern (D). We are not on the dining plan but will be using Tables in Wonderland. We are attending MNSSHP and plan on visiting lots of F & W festival booths and some CS as well. I'm hoping to give a little back to this thread as I have loved reading it daily over the past year! Thanks Barb for all of your hard work!
Jen

Miss Potts' next update was from her breakfast this morning at the Polynesian's...

"Oatmeal, fruit, and a cinnamon roll."

5 September Game Points Earned

Then Miss Potts sent us a two-part update from Magic Kingdom, starting with a lunch report from...

She said, "I had been SO excited to go to this restaurant for lunch... Even more so when we got the opportunity to test out FP+! But as it turns out, the FP+ wasn't working and they couldn't find our reservation but they shuffled us right through the FP line... I showed her the confirmation on my phone."

"No menu pics, I forgot as we were doing the touch screen ordering. I really wanted to pre-order but DH said he couldn't commit to what he wanted for lunch in advance. Ironically, he got exactly what he would have if he ordered in advance. Oh husbands!!!" ;)

"We ordered French onion soup, the Croque Monsieur...

the roast beef sandwich...

AND the grey stuff cupcake."

"On our way out of the MK, DH stopped for a frappuccino from the...

"They were giving free coffee samples out... I don't drink coffee or else I would have tried some!"

3 September Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for signs, menu pics, misc. pics and pic of Miss Potts

One more update from Miss Potts and then it's time for me to call it a night.

She said, "Tonight we had a short walk to dinner at ...

"We enjoyed this meal as always.. As just 2 people we were in and out pretty quick, less than an hour. We waited about 5 minutes to be seated."

"My favorite item is the noodles and veggies! I could eat the whole bowl!"

"I am allergic to shrimp... The waitstaff team and chef were all really great! Before our server gave DH the Shrimp, he made him give me a goodnight kiss because I wasn't having an allergic reaction on his watch!!! It was a great interaction!!!""

"I forgot to take pics of the meats because it was all coming so quickly. So just use your imagination." ;)

2 September Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, misc. pic and pic of Miss Potts

Three more updates were received last night, all of them from DeeDee (buzz1121).

The first of these was from their dinner on Friday night at the Yacht Club's...

"Tonight we were going to MNSSHP, but before we left the Yacht Club we had dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse. It had been some time since we had last dined here and to be honest our last dining experience was not very good. But we were ready to give Yachtsman another shot."

"We had the customary bread service with the onion and sour dough rolls. DH and I chose the 8 ounce Filet Mignon with mashed potatoes and cabernet wine sauce."

"The filet had a great flavor and were so tender. The mashed potatoes were such a great complement to the filet and sauce. Little DD really enjoyed the potatoes. They were so creamy and buttery."

"At our server's suggestion we chose the Chocolate-Peanut Cake for dessert."

"This was an amazing choice. The cake was moist and full of chocolate and peanut butter flavor and the salted caramel ice cream was a revelation in just how good ice cream can be."

"We had an amazing dining experience at Yachtsman Steakhouse, enhanced by excellent and knowledgeable service and great food. To top it off, little DD was so well behaved. As parents you always venture into uncharted territory when dining with an infant. DH and I are always at the ready to give her a "time out" when we notice her signals that she is getting bored or tired. A nearby table commented on how well behaved she was and it was then that we/she received the best possible compliment......the gentleman directly behind her said he did not even realize there was a baby behind him!"

5 September Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

DeeDee's next update was a snack one from Magic Kingdom's...

Sleepy Hollow

"At MNSSHP I had to try the Pumpkin Spice Waffles that are only sold at Sleepy Hollow during the hard ticket event."

"The two waffle wedges are served with vanilla soft serve ice cream, a cinnamon sugar dusting, and Halloween sprinkles.The waffles have a light pumpkin flavor and the soft serve ice cream goes well with the warm waffles. This was a great share treat during the party."

1 September Game Point Earned

Then DeeDee's last update and the final meal of their trip was their breakfast on Saturday morning at the Animal Kingdom Lodge's...

"We had breakfast for the first time yesterday at Boma. This buffet is literally laden with just about everything you could conceive of wanting for breakfast plus a few enhancements."

Assorted Breakfast Cereal

Muffins: Orange Bran, Blueberry, Chocolate Chip, Banana Macadamia

Assorted Tropical Fruits

Plain Yogurt, Hard-boiled Eggs, African Fruit Salad, Strawberry Banana Yogurt

Croissants, Sticky Buns, Cinnamon Rolls

Condiments Bar: Strawberry & Grape Preserves, Orange Marmalade, Cream Cheese, Butter

Roast Corned Beef, African Spiced Corned Beef Hash, Sambal, & Boma Honey Mustard

Grilled Asparagus, Chakalaka (Spicy Stewed Tomatoes and Onions), & Pap (White Cornmeal), Grilled Tomatoes

??? (can't read the sign) & Oatmeal

Made-to-Order Omelet Ingredients: Cheese, Onion, Green Pepper, Mushrooms, Tomatoes

This station looks like where you find the waffles and perhaps pancakes and French toast???

Turkey Bobotie, Breakfast Potatoes, Sausage, Bacon

Pecan Praline Sauce, French Toast Bread Pudding, Goat Cheese & Spinach Scrambled Eggs, and maybe Plain Scrambled Eggs?

Breads for toast, Banana Bread, Scones, Assorted Bagels

And their choices...

"DH and I chose many items to try. I thought the scrambled eggs were really good and the french toast bread pudding was fantastic. The moist banana bread also merits a special mention. DH enjoyed his made to order omelette and he also thought the french toast bread pudding was great."

"This was a great fuel up breakfast for the drive home, as neither of us felt hungry until the late afternoon."

2 September Game Points Earned + 8 Bonus Points for sign and buffet pics

Let's get started with today's updates, beginning with our First Update of the Day sent to us by Riles_and_Gabe.

World Premiere Food Court
All Star Movies Resort

She said, "On Saturday we had breakfast at the World Premiere. We had a much better experience this time."

"We shared the Bounty Platter and it was plenty of food for the two of us!"

3 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for menu and pic of Gabrian and First Update of the Day

Riles_and_Gabe followed that up with several more updates, next one from their lunch on Saturday.

"After breakfast we headed to Epcot. For lunch Gabrian and I went to two different countries. Gabrian went to America's...

...to get the Perry Lunch box."

'When we ordered the CM originally thought we couldn't use a Quick Service Credit on it. He was willing to try though and it went through!"

"For my lunch I went to Morocco's....

...and got the Chicken Shawarma Platter."

"I really enjoyed the parts Gabrian allowed me to eat. He is a huge meat eater and got most of my chicken."

"My final pictures are from China. Gabrian fell asleep around Japan and I was in search of a quiet country where we could both relax. China was perfect and I was able to enjoy the Canto Loopy while sitting."

8 September Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for signs and menus

Then on Saturday night, Riles_and_Gabe had dinner at the Polynesian resort's...

'OHANA

"This was such a great experience. Gabrian was in meat heaven. I included a picture a receipt of our check-in just because I was amazed how quickly we were sat after hearing all the stories of people waiting an hour or more after checking in. We checked in at 6 (our reservation was at 6:25) and we hadn't even had time to park our stroller when our buzzer went off."

"I had the Lapu Lapu and it was as delicious as everyone has said."

"We loved the whole experience. Gabrian really liked the kids games after dinner. He was so excited to be in the parade."

2 September Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of Gabrian

Next we Riles_and_Gabe's snack updates from DHS.

She said, "Yesterday we went to Hollywood Studios. We started the morning turning Gabrian into a Pirate." pirate:

"We then went to...

Starring Rolls

...to share a Butterfinger Cupcake for breakfast."

"We loved it, my only complaint was that I wish it was served at room temperature."

"Later in the afternoon we had a Carrot Cake Cookie for a snack."

"It was so good. Fortunately for me Gabrian didn't care for it and I got almost all of it."

"On our way to Lights, Motor, Action we stopped to get a Jalapeno Pretzel. Imagine my surprise when they gave the pretzel to us for free!! It was such a nice surprise!!"

3 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign and pics of Gabrian

Then Riles_and_Gabe had lunch yesterday at DHS'...

"We went to Sci-Fi for lunch yesterday. It was just ok. Gabrian loved eating in the car and seeing the movie clips but I felt the food was barely tolerable. It also came out of the kitchen suspiciously fast."

"The biggest bummer was that they no longer have the Peanut Butter Cake. I feel that is the one thing that would have redeemed the meal."

"I had the Cheeseburger...

... and Gabrian had popcorn chicken which came with Goldfish and an ice cream sundae."

"The sundae was so bad Gabrian only had a bite of it and then tried to push it on me."

"We paid out of pocket for this meal and I am glad we did not waste a dining credit on it."

2 September Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for sign, menus, and pic of Gabrian & Megan

I haven't had much luck at sci Fi either. I wish they would spruce up the food there because it is such a fun venue.

Megan (Riles_and_Gabe) sent us one more update yesterday, this one from their dinner on Sunday night at...

"We went to Kouzzina last night for dinner. You can see that Gabrian once again slept through most of this meal."

"I started with the Ouzo-Tini."

Cat's Ouzo-tini - Cat's personal recipe features Absolut Vodka, Metaxa Ouzo, Pineapple Juice, fresh Lime Juice, and Pomegranate served in a Sugar-rimmed Martini Glass shaken and served tableside

"I did not care for it but that is on me and not the drink. It had a strong licorice taste and I hate that taste. Almost as much as I hate olives!!"

"I had the fisherman stew and it was wonderful."

Fisherman's Stew - Scallops, seasonal Fish, Shellfish, Fennel, Grilled Bread, and Ouzo Butter

"I was sopping up the broth with all of the bread. I thought it was a little heavy on the fennel but I just ate around it."

"Gabrian had the hotdog."

For dessert, Gabrian had the build your own cupcake....

...and I had the custard dessert but seem to be missing the picture. It was delicious as well."

"I finished off with the Godiva flight and that was a really neat treat to end the meal."

5 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for name, dessert menu, and pic of Gabrian

Next in yesterday were a couple of updates from TeresaG.

The first one was from their breakfast at Magic Kingdom's...

Crystal Palace

"Teresa said, "We went to Crystal Palace for an 8:05am ADR. We were still full from our dinner the night before at Narcoossee's, so we took it easy for breakfast."

"My plate was scrambled eggs, sausage fritata, breakfast pizza, breakfast potatoes and cheesy breakfast potatoes."

"DH had breakfast lasagna, Mickey waffle, scrambled eggs, fritata, bacon and cheesy potatoes."

"We also tried the puffed french toast."

"We didn't stick around for characters, but Tigger did make his way over to us while we were eating." :)

2 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for pic of Teresa & DH with Tigger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter