Coming out of the "woodwork" from this past weekend's TX wildlife expo...

stego

Mouseketeer
as stated, went off and pedaled into the sunset. Or so I thought...
My son and I had the opportunity to volunteer and take some kids on a ride through the woods. Most of the children had never been on a mountain bike.
We took 6 trips through the woods at 2.6 miles each, with around 7 children in each group. My son rode in the middle of the group, with me as a "sweeper". I got to ride with kids who just enjoyed the pleasure of just riding along...and then going along and enjoying the rest of the day. It kinda put things in some kind of perspective; just enjoying the ride; my son's actual ability level and his level of fitness; my own level of fitness and the actual ability to do so; and finally, in some kind of humble way...giving back only a fraction of what I enjoy so much.
Coming here on the wish board was never about having a "fan" club and my wife in the background "cheering" me on...and everything being a perfect world. It gave me a chance to reflect, but mostly about being brutally honest, and to some degree, accountable. I learned through my own experience there is no such thing as "perfect". Where every day is shiny, happy go lucky...sure, there are lots of good days...but come on...even at my most fit I will still get "humbled" by some exceptional athletes.
I realize that I am indeed fortunate to reach the levels of fitness I have after starting this journey March 2004. Most folks will never, ever get to the level I am at...and some days I still expect more. So much for humility.
And so if you have read this far, you are either bored or interested or one of the few who have actually read my journey...
and by the by, I asked no less than 3 mod's to delete my journal...
anyway, as always, some things have passed...
*two weeks ago, got beaten down to reality and procrastinated and hit the scale at the END of the month. I knew I was up...and so I paid at WW. Resting on my laurels, indeed...so took action: cleared out my pantry and gave the guy next to me in the office a bag full of energy bars...let him gain my 5 lbs.
*my son and I continue to race mountain bikes. We are both beginners, and have our share of learning experiences.
*we took a trip to DL; my wife surprised me with my best friend from FL coming along...
*my wife switched to core at WW; she got stuck in a rut and so took action.
She is back on track and has passed the 160 mark. The big news is that my wife is a type 2 diabetic...and through her diet is able to manage her diabetes. She was able to stop 2 medications and takes none for her diabetes. Indeed, much to be grateful here in central TX.

And so off I go once again, to pedal and get beat in Bryan TX this weekend...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter