• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Comfort Inn Maingate East

Piglet's Pal

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever stayed at the Comfort Inn Maingate East? A friend of mine is thinking of staying here and I was looking for some info. It will be my friend & her DH & their 2 DD ages 9 & 8. They are planning on having a rental car. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank You
Piglet's Pal

We stayed here just about a year ago and thought it was great! The queen suites have two Q beds and pleny of closet/drawer space in the bedroom area. Sleeping and living areas are separated by a waist high wall. Living area has double sofa bed, coffee table, round table w/several chairs. Kitchenette (actually a kitchenette "stand" ) has a 4ft high 'fridge w/pretty good freezer section with a sink/counter on top . Above this is a microwave and adequate cupboard space. Also, there's a coffeepot. Bathroom is good sized, with plenty of counter space (I HATE bathrooms that are so tiny your knees block the door while sitting on the toilet!). Free breakfast is amazin! Sweet breads, cereal, bread, pancakes, waffles, juice/mild/coffee/tea, etc. This area is also used as a "lounge", of sorts, in the evening. We had take out from there one night (pizza, hot dogs?) that wasn't terrible. Didn't use the pools, but the kids area had a very shallow section and a water mushroom! All the kids seemed to be having a GREAT time. Didn't use/don't know if they have park shuttles. Houskeepers were friendly and efficient. About the only complaints we had were- elevators are the only way to get downstairs- stairways lead to outdoors rather than lobby. This is a hassle when the elevators are busy- you don't always want to end up outdoors. Also, be forewarned that the b'fast area, with many tables, still gets jammed in the a.m. We opted to eat in our room several times, but there are trays available so carrying stuff upstairs is not a hassle. The property is well back from Irlo Bronson, so traffic noise should not be a problem. There are several restaurants within walking distance (we had 7yo and 3yo with us), and you can watch the SkyCoaster from the parking lot- AMAZING!! I think you;ll find this a good choice- clean, recently renovated (spring 2000), great accomodation, food, etc. Hope you get a good rate- try choicehotels.com or hotelkingdom.com. Have fun!

leebee,
Thank you for the information. You have been a great help :)
I have another question--Did you drive to the parks? How long was the commute?
PP

leebee....is this your report on the comfort suites maingate east?
If so, this is great. I was checking on expedia for summer, end of July rates
and found this for $69, breakfast included! Thanks so much

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter