Come out, come out of Lurk-dom!

Coming out of lurkdom. Even though I am not Australian, as South African I feel most at home on this section of the boards. I only check in briefly every few weeks as its a bit depressing when I don't have a Disney trip in planning but I cant seem to stay away completely :rolleyes:.

We have just returned from a 2 week trip to the northern part of South Africa. Was absolutely beautiful and so few people - very different from a trip to the US!!
We are also in the process of applying for an immigration visa to move to Australia in the next few years (without even seeing your country first :scared1:) and are planning a trip to Australia in December 2016 so am sure to be soliciting lots of advice from all of you.

Love hearing all the trip details of holidays coming up - definitely living vicariously through all of you.

Welcome! And how brave of you to make the decision to apply for an immigration visa! Wishing you every success.

I'm alive and lurking :) No exciting holidays planned for us atm...dreaming of Disney but my bank account keeps laughing at me :(
Have cashed in some frequent flyer points to fly down to Brisbane in December to see the big end of year Wiggles concert with my daughter...could easily drive but need my airport fix lol

I'm alive and lurking :) No exciting holidays planned for us atm...dreaming of Disney but my bank account keeps laughing at me :(
Have cashed in some frequent flyer points to fly down to Brisbane in December to see the big end of year Wiggles concert with my daughter...could easily drive but need my airport fix lol

Good to 'see' you Snickals :wave2:

:wave: Hope things are well with you and the family!

We've had so many weeks of trade winds that aren't helping the bushfire situation so I've been stuffy with sinus.

Hi all,

I was born in New Zealand and am currently living in Laos (a long story, details available if you really want to know) but have lived in Australia for over 30 years, so I guess this is a good spot to start posting.

I've been a Disney fan since my Grandmother sat me on her knee and read me Donald Duck comics. I have a fairly large Disney collection and have visited every park, some multiple times.

I guess you could call me a fan. :D

Greg

Hi all,

I was born in New Zealand and am currently living in Laos (a long story, details available if you really want to know) but have lived in Australia for over 30 years, so I guess this is a good spot to start posting.

I've been a Disney fan since my Grandmother sat me on her knee and read me Donald Duck comics. I have a fairly large Disney collection and have visited every park, some multiple times.

I guess you could call me a fan. :D

Greg

Oooh Laos! Hoping to get there in the next couple of years - might have to pick your brain when we're planning our trip!

Sounds like you're a definite Disney fan. Welcome aboard :wave2:

Definitely happy to answer any questions about Laos that I can. Lots of strange information out there that makes it seem like a much more difficult place to visit than it actually is.

Greg

Definitely happy to answer any questions about Laos that I can. Lots of strange information out there that makes it seem like a much more difficult place to visit than it actually is.

Greg

Welcome to the ANZAC section of the boards!

Hi Calisota - welcome!

We just arrived back from our QLD holiday today. It was great but...Disney has spoilt us! We compared everything to Disney - terrible! LOL Poor Gold Coast theme parks never stood a chance :-)

Back from our quick trip to HK and so many pages on this post to catch up on! Hello to everyone, old and new. All those with trips - and I don't mean just Disney - sound great - even if they are a year or two away, time goes so fast. PIO my hubby is nursing a ferocious cold he brought back with him and I am battling not to catch it but not holding out great hopes as he coughs and snorts his way around the house, so hope you are feeling better by now. Marlea98 your post sounds scary but glad to hear you are on the mend. Jealous of the aurora piccie PIO. We have so clear skies here at home but not near the ocean. One day.....

Zosha I haven't been to one of our theme parks for so long - we were just saying it must be time to check them out again. I always liked Sea World the best but DD was around 5 last visit and now she's about to turn 24! We prefer "the green behind the gold' - the national park walks like the treetops walk at Lamington and Natural Arch and the quieter beaches around Cooloongatta if we are down the coast. Glad you still had an enjoyable break.

Minor trivia - the pumpkin Mickey heads in a wreath decorations at Hong Kong Disneyland this year are the same as those at Magic Kingdom last year!

and in the spirit of this and that, thought I'd post a piccie of the Pigs in Mud birthday cake I made DH in September - not being arty it worked out better than I thought.
I used my chocolate mousse desert cake recipe rather than just ganache coated chocolate cake as in the internet recipe, since that cake is DH fave.
One last side note - why won't copy and paste of my pics work - sure that was what I used to do in this new system? drag and drop is cf below - need to get with it for the HK TR.

DSC06358 resize small.jpg

Hi Calisota - welcome!

We just arrived back from our QLD holiday today. It was great but...Disney has spoilt us! We compared everything to Disney - terrible! LOL Poor Gold Coast theme parks never stood a chance :-)

Yeah, we went to QLD in 2010 and absolutely loved it. Disneyland in 2011 ( and of course we loved it). Then back to QLD in 2012 and it was pretty awful! Disney just killed the QLD theme parks for us. I'm not sure I'll ever go back again.

And Wendy, can you please share your chocolate mousse cake dessert recipe. It looks delicious!

Hi Calisota - welcome!

We haven't been to the GC since Disney either. I bet the theme parks up there would still be a fun day out, but not the big event that it used to be. We're overdue for a visit actually - DH has an uncle who lives just around the corner from Dreamworld who we should pay a visit.

Back from our quick trip to HK and so many pages on this post to catch up on! Hello to everyone, old and new. All those with trips - and I don't mean just Disney - sound great - even if they are a year or two away, time goes so fast. PIO my hubby is nursing a ferocious cold he brought back with him and I am battling not to catch it but not holding out great hopes as he coughs and snorts his way around the house, so hope you are feeling better by now.

Welcome back Wendy! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Hope DH recovers nice and quick, and you manage to stay healthy!

and in the spirit of this and that, thought I'd post a piccie of the Pigs in Mud birthday cake I made DH in September - not being arty it worked out better than I thought.
I used my chocolate mousse desert cake recipe rather than just ganache coated chocolate cake as in the internet recipe, since that cake is DH fave.
One last side note - why won't copy and paste of my pics work - sure that was what I used to do in this new system? drag and drop is cf below - need to get with it for the HK TR.

View attachment 130737

That looks awesome! Well done you :thumbsup2

Yep, I've lived on the GC for about 30 years and when I first went to Dreamworld, just after it opened, I was blown away. Then I finally got to Disneyland and when I went back to Dreamworld I kept walking around thinking about the things they could do better.

Greg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter