Come on AP Rates!!!

Well, they have YC standard view online with weeknights at the 42% discount and weekends at full rack rate. For our trip, that's still more expensive than our current 42% discount on the water view for the entire time. I called Disney to see if they had standard for the whole trip, but they only had it for the first 5 nights. I know we could do a split stay, but I think we're going to hold out and see if the standard ever comes up at 42% the whole time. It's only a difference of $230 (betw. split stay and full time water view), and maybe we'll even get a nice lake view.

I found out about the AP rates after hours (i know, i know - should have checked in here during the day), so went online to see if the rates were better than what I had with the general codes I booked on MON. The AP rates were better, and I was afraid to lose out on them, so I booked 2 new trips (OCT & DEC). :rolleyes1

I called today to cancel the original 2 trips, and the CM seemed aggravated. I know they are busy, but I think this was the least friendly CM I have ever spoken with. "Mam we could have applied that to your existing reservation. :huge irritated sigh:" uh, yeah, i know - but were you answering the phone at 1am? not to mention the fact that I held for 80 minutes on MON morning to get the 1st trips booked? I wasn't doing that again. sorry. :guilty:

i think disney would have made it easier for themselves had they just posted the AP rates before the GP rates. :confused3

I'm just glad I got a discount, and I'm going to WDW twice in the next few months! :banana: :dance3:

Hoping MNSSHP doesn't sell out. We really want to go again, but I don't want to buy tickets before end of SEPT in case a hurricane causes schools to close, thus cancelling our fall break. pleasepleaseplease no hurricanes

I called today to cancel the original 2 trips, and the CM seemed aggravated. I know they are busy, but I think this was the least friendly CM I have ever spoken with. "Mam we could have applied that to your existing reservation. :huge irritated sigh:" uh, yeah, i know - but were you answering the phone at 1am? not to mention the fact that I held for 80 minutes on MON morning to get the 1st trips booked? I wasn't doing that again. sorry. :guilty:

i think disney would have made it easier for themselves had they just posted the AP rates before the GP rates. :confused3

From what I understand, they are on a quota system, so they'd rather you rebooked (for which they get credit) instead of canceling (which gives them no credit). Still doesn't excuse the attitude.

I couldn't agree more about Disney releasing the AP rates after the GP rates. It just caused a ton of rebooking hassles for everyone.

Mary

I have been following along with you guys waiting for AP rates. Thanks for the heads up that they came out Wed. Last night I was able to get BWI for $197 a night for Dec 9-12th.

We passed our ROI point within three days of buying the TIW card and everything after that is gravy. It cost us $75 and we've already saved over $100 and we have a full week coming up in December (that will include V&As!) and we don't even drink, so if you add the discount to alcoholic beverages then your savings will be even bigger. I don't know why any AP holder would want to do the DDP instead of TIW - TIW is sooooooo much better and more flexible. No counting credits, no worrying about what is covered. Just go eat. :thumbsup2

Golf4food, I so agree with you. :thumbsup2 We have always gotten more then our money's worth with TIW card. It was especially good on our last trip with the whole family. We were able to order something for the little ones who were too small for the DDP and saw Macc and Cheese or a hot dog rather than eating off our plates. Whenever we wanted a glass of wine or cocktail it covered that too. When traveling with our DD's and their families doing the DDP was affordable for them and took away the stress of finances for them. I had seen my DD many times order something for a meal she didn't usually eat just because it was less expensive, to leave more money for her DH and children. She would also only order water rather then pay for a soda or ice tea. While we were at WDW she ordered anything her heart desired and didn't have to worry about cost, only points. The TIW gave us freedom to add on little extra's.

Angel16

I agree too... TIW is a much better deal than DDP for passholders. I love DDP for non-passholders but if you have to buy a two day ticket to get DDP then you have already spent around 200.00 on tickets that you won't use. We love TIW coupled with room only pin codes. This allows us to fit a couple of WDW trips in each year. TIW is also good at all of the Value Resort food courts which I love!!! We haven't stayed at a value yet but we go there to eat at the food court -- and get our TIW savings. Plus, TIW discounts apply to that glass of wine I'll need after a couple of days with my toddler at the parks.

Just finished checking out all the AP rates at resorts I was interested in. All sold out! My PIN rate was better than the AP rate at the resort I have (POR), and I wasn't interested in the other deluxes - too expensive anyway. So I'm sticking with POR and my PIN, and getting my AP anyway.

I really can't complain about 40% off at a mod!

We booked the free dining for 6/2/11 to 6/6/11 at CBR, my husband and I have AP's, but our kids don't, so we'll have them use the four 2 day passes.

I wish they were hoppers instead of base, but they already add $694 to the cost of the vacation for four 2 day base. I don't want to spend even more to make them hoppers, so we'll suck it up and do one park a day. :thumbsup2

We are two adults with AP's but we also booked free dining value season at POFQ for Dec 1 to Dec 6, 2010, $1195.26. Value rack rates are a little better to take. DH's AP expires Dec 9, 2010 and we have another trip planned during the blackout period April 2011, so we will use the 4 day base tickets for him on that trip. I'll also do the math and figure out if I should just renew his AP on 12/9 and save it for 4/6/2011.
I got a quote for AP with dining at Coronado Springs for the same timeframe and it was $1225.00...(with no 4 day base tickets).. There were no AP rates with dining available for POFQ and thats where we want to stay.

We are two adults with AP's but we also booked free dining value season at POFQ for Dec 1 to Dec 6, 2010, $1195.26. Value rack rates are a little better to take. DH's AP expires Dec 9, 2010 and we have another trip planned during the blackout period April 2011, so we will use the 4 day base tickets for him on that trip. I'll also do the math and figure out if I should just renew his AP on 12/9 and save it for 4/6/2011.
I got a quote for AP with dining at Coronado Springs for the same timeframe and it was $1225.00...(with no 4 day base tickets).. There were no AP rates with dining available for POFQ and thats where we want to stay.

I don't think it's worth it to renew your AP on Dec 9 if you aren't going back until April. Just use the 2 day passes toward the cost and buy them then. You will lose 4 months plus still have those 2 day passes. The little saved on a renewal isn't worth 4 months of non use. I was also going to suggest TIW, we do much better with that. I guess since you can't get the AP rate during your stay, that might not work this time around. You can also maybe try another resort for the AP discount. We got 2 rooms at CBR (we did have a bounceback with 35% off but it started on the28th of Nov. The AP starts on the 27th when we really want to be there) just the other day. Just an idea!

Also, keep checking for any additional rooms at Port Orleans, you never know when there are cancellations or just more rooms added since they are still not booked.

We are arriving 2 days before the blackout week (Pop Warner), and pickings are slim, but I will keep checking. This morning, only Coronado Springs King bed was available for 12/1 check-in at the AP rate and if you add dining its more than PoFQ with dining, my TIW expires on 10/31/2010, so I would have to add the $75 cost to get a new TIW if we go with AP room only.
I will not renew the AP that expires on 12/9....

We are arriving 2 days before the blackout week (Pop Warner), and pickings are slim, but I will keep checking. This morning, only Coronado Springs King bed was available for 12/1 check-in at the AP rate and if you add dining its more than PoFQ with dining, my TIW expires on 10/31/2010, so I would have to add the $75 cost to get a new TIW if we go with AP room only.
I will not renew the AP that expires on 12/9....

You might just want to keep what you have if you really want the dining. It's really not that bad of a price and you can use the 2 day passes for the April trip. For the April trip, you could just upgrade the 2 day passes and get a new TIW if you like. Just some thoughts. Too bad you aren't going just a few days earlier, there may still be rooms out there.

We are annual pass holders also and have the TIW card. It's great! As for FREE DINING (which isn't really free, LOL) they charge you 2 days worth of tickets per person. So, if 2 adults are going that is close to $400.00 on top the RACK rate of the resort your staying in. Not worth it, in my opinion.

I do have a suggestion though, why not get a Disney gift card and put, say, $200.00 on it for your dining? That way you get the AP discount and you can use the gift card as you see fit. Plus you don't have to pay for an extra 2 days worth of tickets. It would seem that Disney would give Annual passholders a break. Sheesh.

Brunette:wizard:

Change of heart... we decided to keep the trip to CSR and Cirque when I saw the new rate. :) Gotta do it while we can!

Off topic sorry but do they add 20% gratuity to all TS ? even at buffets? I am a great tipper but I do like to be in control in case of horrible service. (Which I have never had before in Disney)

Off topic sorry but do they add 20% gratuity to all TS ? even at buffets? I am a great tipper but I do like to be in control in case of horrible service. (Which I have never had before in Disney)

It's 18% for TIW, yes to all TS including buffets (which probably in my opinion s/b less). I don't recall what they figure on the DDP now. I believe you can adjust the tip if you feel you have to.

We are annual pass holders also and have the TIW card. It's great! As for FREE DINING (which isn't really free, LOL) they charge you 2 days worth of tickets per person. So, if 2 adults are going that is close to $400.00 on top the RACK rate of the resort your staying in. Not worth it, in my opinion.

I do have a suggestion though, why not get a Disney gift card and put, say, $200.00 on it for your dining? That way you get the AP discount and you can use the gift card as you see fit. Plus you don't have to pay for an extra 2 days worth of tickets. It would seem that Disney would give Annual passholders a break. Sheesh.

Brunette:wizard:

Actually none of the offers this year have been good for AP holders. The 4/7 this year required a 4 day ticket purchase, the earlier GC required a 5 day pass and the 2 offers out there now (FD and GC) both a 2 day! We did a few of the FD and a GC PIN over the past few years as AP holders, but only at Values due to rack rate. Then those offers were good even with the 1 day passes, now not worth it. We are just doing room only now and who knows after our current APs expire. Maybe no WDW for a year or 2. Just my thoughts on AP now. And we are the last to even get the room only discounts now as well. (I guess WDW assumes most likely we will be back regardless since we've spent so much on the AP) They seem to be wanting to sell tickets now!!

It's 18% for TIW, yes to all TS including buffets (which probably in my opinion s/b less). I don't recall what they figure on the DDP now. I believe you can adjust the tip if you feel you have to.

Tips aren't included in the DDP, so you can tip whatever you like.

So we ended up at BLT with the AP discount and added the DP. We also have the TIW. I worked it out so that we would use the DP for our meals that required two credits:CP on Christmas day and CG on Christmas Eve. Our TIW isn't accepted on those nights but it is accepted during the beginning of our stay so we will use it then. It all works out to being considerably less than just having the DP or TIW. I love it when a plan comes together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter