Color Swap Elements Progress - CLOSED

Well, mine are here ready to go. Sorry I didn't mail already, I felt bad a lot last week. They will be postal tomorrow after I drop the boys at school. Will PM you the DC. Thanks!!

Here are my pictures of the items I sent out Friday. I will apologize early on for the quality of the pics. I think I shouldn't have placed the items on a white background -- to much brightness.

B1 - Blue. For the journal box, the flowers are attached with a brad, so if you want your flower smaller you can easily remove the larger flower. The other flowers are a cool iridescent plastic. Also, the white paper in the photo isn't really white; it's a white which has been sanded to show a blue tint.

blue.jpg

D1 - Brown. I love the flower button on the journal box, and themed all the pieces around the shape of the button.

brown.jpg

L1 - Rustic - Green. This is my favorite paper so I had to do borders so you can get lots of the print! The edges were torn and inked. The brad in the journal box is really cool and detailed in person.

RusticGreen.jpg

C2 - Green. The white paper is a glitter paper and the print paper is glittered on the flowers.

green.jpg

O. Girls - Yellow. OK, this should not have been photoed on white -- what a wash-out! You can hardly see the white on the journal piece. The white on the tags has been swiss dot embossed. The butterfly is pop dotted to allow for photos.

YellowGirl.jpg

P1 - Patterned Paper. A mixture of flowers and stripes. I love my new sizzix flower punch.

patterned.jpg

I1 - Color Combo - Black and Silver. I liked this one, even the brads are shaped like little black buttons!

BlackandSilver.jpg

M - Metallic - Blue. This is made of two shades of metallic blue and silver. The paper was run through my cuttlebug and embossed. Rinestones and a rinestone brad were used.

MetallicBlue.jpg

Those are awesome! I get a few of them, :woohoo:

Can't wait to get everything back... it will be so fun going through everything.

My elements are completely done. I'll apologize in advance, but I'm not a "embellish twice" kind of girl, so I sent some extra paper and ribbons in most cases. I think they are nice the way the are, so I hope you will too. I intend to finish up my pages between tonight and tomorrow and mail on Wednesday.

I haven't taken any photos...

Mt2P - I absolutely LOVE what you have made. I don't want to look to see if I get them because I'll cry if I don't. :sad1:

My elements are completely done. I'll apologize in advance, but I'm not a "embellish twice" kind of girl, so I sent some extra paper and ribbons in most cases. I think they are nice the way the are, so I hope you will too. I intend to finish up my pages between tonight and tomorrow and mail on Wednesday.

I haven't taken any photos...

MM, I'm sure they'll be fine and it's good that you included extras. Mailing Wednesday should get the package here on Friday so all is good!:goodvibes

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

I love these swaps because they push me out of my comfort zone. This one was tougher than I thought it would be, I didn't want 8 groups all looking the same except for the color -- KWIM? Luckily, I hit a fun scrapbooking store in Tennessee on vacation that had tons of cool stuff.

I'm looking forward to getting everyone else's pieces!

Mail is here. I received packages from: MichiBelle, Mom-to-2-Princesses, SusieStone, and 123SA. I haven't opened them yet. DS just brought them inside and I figured while I was on here I'd go ahead and let y'all know I got them. I'll go through them shortly and take photos and update the slideshow.

I love mail!!!!!!!!:yay:

Was it the Scrapbook Superstore in Sevierville?

Yes, well actually their outlet store which is next door to their main store. After spending 1 1/2 hours in the outlet and spending all my money, I was afraid to even go in their main store! But I got tons of charms, brads, flowers, etc. I didn't even have time to check out the paper!

I was given that 1 1/2 hours by my family as my husband took the girls to MagiQuest. I wished I lived closer -- I would love to really explore both stores.

::yes:: Me too. My family never gives me enough time. They wait in the car. How can I shop and peruse knowing they are rolling their eyes and twiddling their thumbs?
I like the outlet better then the store. The prices in the store part are on par with all the other stores. The paper in the outlet is 1/2 off and I can get cool paper for $0.05 a sheet. :thumbsup2

::yes:: Me too. My family never gives me enough time. They wait in the car. How can I shop and peruse knowing they are rolling their eyes and twiddling their thumbs?
I like the outlet better then the store. The prices in the store part are on par with all the other stores. The paper in the outlet is 1/2 off and I can get cool paper for $0.05 a sheet. :thumbsup2

:eek: You know, if I buy a lot of .05$ paper, that might make up for the plane ticket I buy to save that much on paper.....

:rolleyes1

MM,ZTH, and AWM- I live about an hr away from that store. It is a great store and they carry a lot or brands. The big store is overwhelming but they have a ton of disney paper. We are actually going there this weekend (I used to go once a month). Next time you are in the area let me know, I might can meet up there.

MM,ZTH, and AWM- I live about an hr away from that store. It is a great store and they carry a lot or brands. The big store is overwhelming but they have a ton of disney paper. We are actually going there this weekend (I used to go once a month). Next time you are in the area let me know, I might can meet up there.

I'll remember that! It would be fun to do a "mini-Dis Meet". My parents own a place in Gatlinburg so we get down there about once a year -- 10 hours is just too far for a weekend trip :guilty:

Postal - priority with DC - They should be there by Friday. Hope they are okay.

Jennifer, I'm sure they look great. I'll let you know when your package arrives.

Today's mail call: DuchessTisha, DisneyBarlans, and Momx3boys' boxes arrived today. Everything looks wonderful and I've already taken photos, updated the slideshow, and sorted those into everyone's boxes.

And, thank you guys for the hostess gifts!!!:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter