College Program Questions Thread, Pt 4

Its the very first door (I think on the left side?) before you enter Disney University. It'll say Access Control right on the door.

Its the very first door (I think on the left side?) before you enter Disney University. It'll say Access Control right on the door.

Thanks so much! :thumbsup2
One last question for anyone,

What are the hours for costuming at Magic Kingdom?!

princess:

princess:

I don't know when they open (let's be honest here, I'm never there early enough to worry about when they open) Most days they close at 6pm though. We just had an EHH cast member show up the other day to the Emporium in street clothes at 7pm because she didn't realize costuming closes at 6. The leaders were not happy and she was sent home with a point.

Does anyone know anything about CPs auditioning to be a part of the Candlelight Processional during the holidays? When are auditions, and are we eligible?

CPs can be a part of Candlelight (I did on 2 CPs). If they keep the registration process from this year, the auditions were select dates over the end of July/beginning of Aug. You then found out about 1.5 weeks after if you got in or not

princess:

6am-6pm (6-8 on EMH)

I don't know when they open (let's be honest here, I'm never there early enough to worry about when they open) Most days they close at 6pm though. We just had an EHH cast member show up the other day to the Emporium in street clothes at 7pm because she didn't realize costuming closes at 6. The leaders were not happy and she was sent home with a point.

Ouch! That stinks

The Candlelight info stinks. My son arrived on August 12, and was really hoping to do that. :sad1:

Unfortunately it's always been that way. They have to cut off by early Aug so they can get ready to sign up for rehearsals

If I apply and am a full-time student, and were to get accepted, can I drop to being part-time? Or do I have to keep the same hours as when I applied? I'm thinking about dropping a class or two to give myself ore time to work, but didn't know if it would hurt my chances at all.

If I apply and am a full-time student, and were to get accepted, can I drop to being part-time? Or do I have to keep the same hours as when I applied? I'm thinking about dropping a class or two to give myself ore time to work, but didn't know if it would hurt my chances at all.

If you are talking about during the program then you don't need to take any classes at all. If you're talking about the semester leading up to the program then one class is all that is required. So you could drop to part time and it'll have no effect.

So if I apply for both WDW and DLR and say I prefer DLR in my interview, they can still offer me WDW? I've read there are less CP's at DLR (which makes sense) but I don't want to not be able to do the program because I said I preferred DLR.
Also, does anyone know the likelihood of being hired after your CP at Disneyland? It sounds like from everything I've read anyone who is in good standing can go seasonal at WDW but I don't know the process for DLR. And last question, can you transfer from your CP at WDW to a full-time cm at DLR?
Thank you for your help :)

I heard that there are a lot of parties at WDW apartments, is it the same way at the Disneyland apartments?

You realize when you have a high concentration of 18-22 year olds residing in one place there is a good chance or parties to occur, right?

doesn't matter if they are Disney apartments (WDW or DLR), apartments on a campus, or wherever.

Like anywhere, if that is your scene, you can be a part of it. If it isn't, you can avoid it.

I'm hoping some one with experience answers this. My dd is hoping to do this. She will graduate in 2016, and will apply to the CP in Jan/Feb, hoping to get approved for the fall program. I'm a bit nervous since it's pretty much a one time shot for her since she will be graduating. Wish that wasn't the case, but it is what it is. She is incredibly busy the hear before with study abroad, so no CP for her that year.
Her goal in life? She is a theatre major...she wants to get accepted into the CP, and then hopefully stay with Disney for awhile. She doesn't much care what she does...she realizes that any character or stage work would probably not be possible. So even if she worked in a shop she would be happy. Then after a while, she would look at her options in life. But working for Disney has been her goal for years and years!!!

This is the same deal for me. I'm going to apply in Winter 2015 because I want to do Fall/Fall Advantage 2015 after I'm done with graduate school. It's scary to think it's my one and only shot to get into the program (unless I'm wrong.)

I am a college sophomore looking into the DCP for possibly after I graduate. I know this is a specific question, but does anyone know if doing the DCP delays the loan repayment schedule for government and private loans? I'm afraid if I try to do the DCP in the fall of 2016 that I will also be trying to pay back my loans from my undergrad. Looking at what people have been saying about how much you get payed, it doesn't seem possible. Does anyone have experience with this?

I just got accepted to DLR as QSFB cashier, I've heard a lot of horror stories but I'm still excited, however I've heard that DLR doesn't have a lot of hours for QSFB, is the true? And if so am I allowed to pick up more shifts in different areas?

Is it true that you have to be taking classes at your college while you're participating in the College Program? I REALLY want to apply but if that's true, I really don't think I would be able to balance college classes, working at Disney, my on-campus job, and the College Program classes all at once. Or do you just have to be taking classes at the time that you apply? And then I guess you would take a leave of absence from the school while you participated in the program?

Is it true that you have to be taking classes at your college while you're participating in the College Program? I REALLY want to apply but if that's true, I really don't think I would be able to balance college classes, working at Disney, my on-campus job, and the College Program classes all at once. Or do you just have to be taking classes at the time that you apply? And then I guess you would take a leave of absence from the school while you participated in the program?

You just have to be taking classes when you apply! It is difficult to even try to take online classes during the program. I wouldn't suggest more than one if you absolutely have to. And it depends on your school. I took a leave of absence but other schools may offer credit so you might be able to stay enrolled!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am a college sophomore looking into the DCP for possibly after I graduate. I know this is a specific question, but does anyone know if doing the DCP delays the loan repayment schedule for government and private loans? I'm afraid if I try to do the DCP in the fall of 2016 that I will also be trying to pay back my loans from my undergrad. Looking at what people have been saying about how much you get payed, it doesn't seem possible. Does anyone have experience with this?

Depends on your loan terms. Mine started repayment 6 months after graduation. You can apply for deferment or forbearance if your lender allows.

You will need to research your options and find out directly from your lender.

You just have to be taking classes when you apply! It is difficult to even try to take online classes during the program. I wouldn't suggest more than one if you absolutely have to. And it depends on your school. I took a leave of absence but other schools may offer credit so you might be able to stay enrolled!

Awesome, you just made my day! And that applies for DisneyLAND, too, not just Disney World, right?

And is my understanding correct that at the Anaheim Disneyland, they provide housing but NOT transportation for the College Program? Because I don't currently have a driver's license, so I'd have to work on that before applying if that's true.

Hey! I just got accepted today as a housekeeper. I'm currently a freshman in college and right now I'm declared as a nursing major but really don't know what I want to do. I have a meeting set up with my advisor to see if the credits will transfer here. Would it be worth taking a semester off of college to do this?

Eh, it turns out if I take a leave of absence my school will take away my $22k merit scholarship... :( So no dice. What about doing the CP during the fall after graduation? I know they'll let you apply for the first six months after graduation. I guess my question is: does it look bad/weird to do the DCP after graduation vs during school?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter