College Program Questions Thread Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked up Orlando Whole Foods too, lol. ;) I'm glad to see I'm not the only college student that shops there! :teeth:

Bad news, I have to sign up for the roommate noticifcation again...my original match found out her good friend is going to do the CP, so they are going to room together. I hope that there are still matches available... :confused:

I can live off a regular grocery store but Whole Foods is much more vegan friendly ;)

I just realized how close Florida is to the Bahamas. It's only like an hour flight away...

Hey everyone! I think this is my first post on the question board :)

I was wondering if you had to wear business attire for classes, or if it's just for traditions and that 3-4 day time period..

Hey everyone! I think this is my first post on the question board :)

I was wondering if you had to wear business attire for classes, or if it's just for traditions and that 3-4 day time period..

Yes. You have to look nice for classes. Unless you are working before/after class, then you can wear your costume.

I'm a member of Toastmasters and if I'm accepted/hired, I really want to continue. Would it be possible to have my schedule arranged so that I could attend the meetings, do you think?

I'm a member of Toastmasters and if I'm accepted/hired, I really want to continue. Would it be possible to have my schedule arranged so that I could attend the meetings, do you think?

no, you give the CP your full availability so you just have to work with what they give you. . .

no, you give the CP your full availability so you just have to work with what they give you. . .

For some reason, I thought my DDs had a guaranteed day off for them to do their school work? I'll still be a full-time student myself, so is that not something I should count on?

For some reason, I thought my DDs had a guaranteed day off for them to do their school work? I'll still be a full-time student myself, so is that not something I should count on?

I've heard from many former CP's that you can register red time that you won't be scheduled so you can do homework.
I'll be taking 4 ucf online classes during the CP so I'll probably ask for some red time.

It isn't guaranteed though. When I had my class my first CP, I didn't have the day off. I went to work after my class. So while some people do get their class day as one of the days off, not everyone does.

It isn't guaranteed though. When I had my class my first CP, I didn't have the day off. I went to work after my class. So while some people do get their class day as one of the days off, not everyone does.

I've heard your given a time block off if you took one of the Disney courses? Could we then take one Disney Course (whether given credit for it or not) and use the remaining time block to do online courses through our home universities?

I've heard your given a time block off if you took one of the Disney courses? Could we then take one Disney Course (whether given credit for it or not) and use the remaining time block to do online courses through our home universities?

That time block is typically just enough time for you to go to class, and then be able to travel to work afterwords - so it probably wouldn't allow for additional homework. However, remember that you are only working about 30-40 hours a week - there's still a lot more hours in a week that you could do homework. Just be wise about your time and you should be fine!

I did my program in 2005, and when I was there I registered to take a Disney Class on wednesday morning, and because I had online clases, I opted to have Wednesdays as my day off so I could study and work on class stuff. . .I had every wednesday off all semester, now, this could've changed. . .

I took my class on Thursday mornings and was given the entire day off now I think it really just depends on your work location though. Mine just chose to give me the entire day off for my class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter