College Football 2021

Coach O is out: CBS News is reporting

Thankfully Bama shut those stupid cowbells up on first play of the 3rd quarter. Despise MSU fan base mainly because of those dumb cowbells.

Auburn thinks they're relevant again

Arkansas back where they belong

Georgia thought they were playing Oregon because of UK helmets

Florida right they belong

Ole Miss and Tennessee...UT, when your own cheerleaders and band leave the stadium before the end of the game because of how your own fans behave, it tells you everything there is to know:
72884c7f98149bd422e488510277f2b0b9-20-dumpster-fire.rsquare.w700.gif

This is a laugh here:
7onvdbe.png
I didn't know whether to give this a like or a HaHa so I'm going to give this both....... :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

They are saying the Coach O buyout will be the full 17.5 million. :oops: Must be wanting him out pretty bad.

And Michael, what was wrong with the helmets? We don't have near the uni combinations that Oregon has.

Steve

I didn't know whether to give this a like or a HaHa so I'm going to give this both....... :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

They are saying the Coach O buyout will be the full 17.5 million. :oops: Must be wanting him out pretty bad.

And Michael, what was wrong with the helmets? We don't have near the uni combinations that Oregon has.

Steve

I saw it on SEC roll call and thought it was pretty funny.
SEC roll call week 7

FB32evOXMAElO1n.jpg

"Oh Rocky Top
You'll always be
French's colored yellow to me..."

Bama beat 10RC (again) last night making it 15 straight wins over their permanent Eastern Division opponent. To be exact, it's been 5,481 days since the Vols beat the Tide (for those of you in Lee County).

The Crimson Tide has next weekend off and then they play LSU (who also has the coming weekend off). The coming week does have a good match-up in Auburn/Ole Miss and then of course we have the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party between Florida and Georgia (would like the Gators to at least make it interesting).

With no Bama game on the schedule next weekend, I can do a little trailer work.

Ed

Last edited:
The YT folks at SEC Shorts have been on a roll the last few days.

They're latest (current) video is:

Tennessee sues to never play Alabama in football again

The best part is:

"When you describe Tennessee, they low down". (Alabama The Defendant)

"They dirty" (the Judge and Bailiff say together).

"They some snitches" (the Judge and Bailiff say together again while laughing).

... truer words have NEVER been spoken .... ::yes::

"I love that video (the Judge as a quick aside) ... ::yes::

At the end of the video " ... stick around for that Jeremy Pruitt lawsuit deposition ....." :rotfl2:

It's the gift that keeps on giving! Tennessee is Alabama's permanent opponent from the Eastern Division of the SEC (and visa versa). Every SEC team on one side of the conference has a permanent (every year) opponent on the other side while rotating through the others.

Ed

PS - the source video for the quotes above.

https://tdalabamamag.com/2021/10/23/tennessee-remix-instant-classic-hate/

It's a classic (many years old). And Phil Fulmer (the former 10RC Head Coach and AD) is the honest source of the Bama hate. For good reason. He deserves it. And never forget he stabbed Johnny Majors in the back.

PPS - Johnny Majors was a 10RC legend and runner up for the Heisman Trophy as a running back in 1956. He went into coaching, ending up at Pitt, and winning the National Championship in 1976 with his own Heisman Trophy winner, Tony Dorsett. He came back to 10RC in 1977 as head coach and coached into the 1992 season when he had to leave mid-season for health reasons. Phil Fulmer (Phat Phil to those who know him well) was the assistant coach who finished the 1992 season as temp HC. Majors rushed his recovery for the 1993 season and started off poorly with Phat Phil still on his staff. Fulmer was reported to recruiting boosters to support him replacing Majors. The coup occurred and Phil replaced Majors. Phat Phil tried to get Alabama killed on probation and "snitched" to the NCAA (about Bama paying players. Who were we supposedly bidding against? 10RC - he left that part out). But Bama surged and Phat Phil sucked up to boosters to become Athletic Director who promptly buried the program with his incompetence. And Bama has beaten 10RC for 15 straight years now. The Phat Phil gift keeps on giving!

Last edited:
Bama's beatdown of 10RC was the most watched game this past weekend and ...

FCpYbozXMAMNjbh

... note is was also the TOP College Football Cable Game (by viewers) of 2021 so far.

"It's good to be the King".

giphy.gif

Ed

PS - Yep, some day this will all end. But we ought to enjoy it between now and then.

Last edited:
Well Michigan lost today, see how far we slide in the polls vs everyone else. Was some really bad officiating today but we should have overcome and won regardless.

Well Michigan lost today, see how far we slide in the polls vs everyone else. Was some really bad officiating today but we should have overcome and won regardless.

If it's any consolation, PaHunter, the Michigan State coach's name, Mel Tucker, has been kicked around for the LSU HC opening (they took a flier on some guy named Saban decades ago from the same school). He is a former Saban assistant FWIW. And still a lot of head-to-head games left in the B1G among the top schools.

I'm just waiting for the action to finish tonight so we know the time for the Bama-LSwho game next weekend. It's been tentatively listed this week for 11am, 230pm, or 6pm (based on the outcome of today's games). Really helps to narrow it down, huh? :sad2:

Bama Ed

The first ranking of teams for the College Football Playoff System came out this week:

2021 rank.PNG

Would you believe that all four head coaches for these teams were on the Alabama Coaching Staff in 2015?

2015.PNG

What a coaching tree. Of course, at some point Nick Saban's run at Alabama will come to end but this is a spectacle to behold.

Bama Ed

We are coming out of Turn 4 (think the Kentucky Derby) in the regular season and the sprint down the final straight-away is about to get under way.

Last night, I had the pleasure of hosting our poster @WeLovePluto and his DW at Bryant-Denny Stadium for the Alabama-LSU game. As true Tulane Green Wave fans, they were there NOT to pull for the Crimson Tide to WIN but INSTEAD to pull for LSU to LOSE. That was okay with me - it's the same thing ultimately, right? :teeth: And they got their wish.

Alabama did not look good last night although they held on to win. The offense looked confused at times and gained a grand total of 6 yards on the ground (and this is after having a bye week). It's my prediction that Alabama will not make it into the playoffs this year. They just don't look consistent enough at a high enough level. But I'll continue to support them. I'll watch the DVR game copy this week to see what it looked like on tv.

Still plenty of good regular season match-ups left to see.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I will agree Ed, while talented they are not organized from what I've seen. I don't think they'll make playoffs either playing like this. Time will tell however.

At least we don't cheer for Florida...72884c7f98149bd422e488510277f2b0b9-20-dumpster-fire.rsquare.w700.gif

Did not go to the Bama home game versus New Mexico State today (get-in prices on StubHub was $6 this morning :crazy:). But Bama ended up winning 59-3. At least we didn't schedule Akron like some of the Big One teams do.

It was a sunny, clear, cold (40sF) day today but me and DD went on a hike to the best day hike destination in our state (Walls of Jericho).

You start on a mountain, hike 2.2 miles down to a valley/field while dropping over 1,000 ft (75 story building), then hike 0.8 miles while gaining 250 ft (19 story building) to the fabulous natural WOJ. Then do it in reverse coming out. No cell coverage in that valley.

But I heard the end of the Auburn-MS State game. The Barn lost and the Auburn radio feed on SiriusXM was a hoot because the radio team (play by play and color guys) are the biggest "the refs made a bad call against us" whiners on the planet - and they've been that way for over a decade. Oklahoma lost (they hadn't played anybody really till now) and Michigan beat Penn State (go PaHunter go).

Only two regular season weeks left. Bama plays Arkansas here at home next week then finishes on the road at Auburn.

ED

thanks for hosting Ed, we had a fun weekend. Need to update my trip report.

yesterday was homecoming for my 20 year reunion. It didn’t make us any better at football.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter