College Degree Spin Off

4 maybe? Denied at one that was a real long shot. All I remember is my guidance counselor telling me I wouldn’t get into any and I needed a safety school. Happy to say he was wrong and I got into my top school. I feel sorry for any students he “guided”.

Grad school only applied to one. It was a specialized major so felt pretty confident of my chances.

I honestly can't remember, but I'm sure I applied to more than one. I got accepted to the school I wanted, and that's where I went.

I applied to 2 colleges. Got in to both of them and choose the one that gave me a better scholarship so I was able to graduate with no debt. Worked at a factory on every break and all summer did the b shift for the better pay. I sometimes wonder how life would be different if I went to my dream college - but they did not give me any kind of scholarship so I couldn't afford it so I made the better financial choice.

I applied to just one and was accepted there and got my degree there.

I applied to four undergraduate schools (three in Ohio and one in Michigan) and got into all four. I also applied to three graduate schools and got into all three.

Applied to 6 schools. 3 were more or less local public universities I could afford, 3 were private schools I couldn't afford without significant financial aid. 1 of those 3 actually gave me the best aid package of all, so that's where I went.

I don't remember, that was 27 years ago! I know I got accepted to 2. I don't know how many I applied to, maybe only 2? 3?

Applied to 2 private schools and one in-state school. Got in to all three, went to the private school that gave me the best scholarship.

Applied to 6, got in to 3. The three I didn't get into were long shots, anyway, and I didn't really expect to get into them.

I think I applied to 5, with 1 being the "I'm 99% sure I'm not getting, in, but what the heck" school. Got accepted into the 4 others - chose the University of Kentucky and would do it again in a heartbeat!

graduated high school in '79-applied to one, got accepted. i had plans of being a teacher and every college in state offered the identical curriculum as required for credentialing so i saw no appeal in pursuing higher cost options.

i think to some extent the mindset my now 20 something adult kids experienced in high school of being told to apply to multiple colleges including costly privates worked as a disadvantage for a good number of their classmates. they were pursuing degrees that weren't advantaged by the name of the college you received it from but when they got accepted into higher cost places they were lured into attendance by offers of scholarships that would supposedly offset the cost difference. those scholarships rarely carried through in the same dollar amount beyond freshman year and they found themselves looking at tremendous continued attendance costs. some bit the bullet and now have staggering student debt while others opted to change course and transfer to lower cost alternatives-the problem with that being that they found much of their coursework was non transferable so they ended up having in essence to retake their freshman classes.

Probably only one, as a HS senior. I met the admissions officer at my HS fair and never looked anywhere else very seriously. I went there for two years, then got married and finished elsewhere. (So I have applied to two for sure.)

One. I met the grade criteria and it was not overcrowded so getting accepted wasn't a question. At the time, meeting the requirements got you into even most state flagships. The only people I remember applying to more than one were trying for elite level universities, very specific programs like music, engineering, etc. where they had to get directly into a department, or very specific scholarship programs.

Oh, and my school was out of state and I didn't see it, except for in the catalog, until I was dropped off. Only the students who lived nearby had visited. I actually had a leg up because I had a vague memory of going there once when my dad attended a conference there when I was in 2nd grade. I remembered it had an indoor swimming pool! It drove me nuts because none of us, parents included, could really remember any details of that trip. Now students have so much information! I had at least been on college campuses so I had something other than the movie "Animal House" to base my expectations on. Some of my friends had never even been to any college campus before heading off to school.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter