Closing Time!

I was told in the email that points would be loaded 3-5 days after the account was created.
Was just told over chat that it's 10-14 days after getting the email saying your contract has been added...🤨
The other day on the phone someone told me something completely different.
I normally don't make posts about these types of things but there is no continuity in the messages being provided to people.
Any other time I probably would just wait it out, I'm at the 11 months for the trip we want to do next year with my elderly mom..would like to book it asap.
venting over lol

Was just told over chat that it's 10-14 days after getting the email saying your contract has been added...🤨
The other day on the phone someone told me something completely different.
I normally don't make posts about these types of things but there is no continuity in the messages being provided to people.
Any other time I probably would just wait it out, I'm at the 11 months for the trip we want to do next year with my elderly mom..would like to book it asap.
venting over lol
I wish there was clear communication from Disney about the resale process of when you get your Club ID and Membership ID and account creation vs. points loaded.
I got back an email that said 3-5 days after I got the emails for club id/membership id when my account was created.
I will be going through this process again if my 2nd contract passes ROFR.
I am curious to see how my 2nd contract goes since I have my 1st contract loaded with an account now.

I already have two contracts and an account so nothing else needs to be created.
I think I got the "club ID" email over the weekend and there's no mention of duration to load the points.
The person on the phone told me it was a few days usually, today I was going to see if the offer was made over the chat to add the points but when he said 10-14 days I decided to just skip it for now.

I don't mind the timeline of how things need to progress (10-14 days is insanity) but what I was hoping for was some similarity in responses.
I'm sure some type of script is being worked from, I've done customer service for an airline and a cable company in my early days and know the drill...keep the script the same across the board.

Home Stretch

Home: BWV
Broker: www.dvcsales.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 3/25/21
Offer accepted: 3/25/2021
Sent to ROFR: 3/25/2021
Passed ROFR: 4/20/2021
Estoppel Received: ??
Closing docs received: 5/3/2021
Closing docs returned: 5/3/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 5/10/2021
Closing: 5/12/2021
Deed recorded: 5/12/21
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 5/25/21 (had to email after receiving activation email but no club ID)
Points in account:

Note: I got nowhere with the chat, the wdw.dvc.dvd.resales@disney.com email came through and I got a reply at 8am today after emailing them at 7pm yesterday evening.

Thanks for posting the email address again, I just sent over a message to them..will see if I hear anything back today! 🤞

Halfway there... Waiting on Estoppel and Closing Docs...

Home: CCV@WL
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 4/19/2021
Offer accepted: 4/19/2021
Sent to ROFR: 4/19/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/14/2021
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Getting closer...

Home: SSR
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com/
Title Company: Mason Title & Escrow
Offer made: 3/23/21
Offer accepted: 3/23/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/26/21
Passed ROFR: 4/20/21
Estoppel Received:
Closing docs received: 5/3/21
Closing docs returned: 5/11/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 5/20/21 (they used a family member as a witness and needed to resign)
Closing: 5/25/21
Deed recorded: 5/26/21
Membership created and contract showing:
Points in account:
Total time from offer to points in account:

Last edited:
Done!!! Let the booking begin!

Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 5/25/21 (had to email after receiving activation email but no club ID)
Points in account: 5/25/21 (got a CM to load them via chat)

Home Stretch

Points in account:

Note: I got nowhere with the chat, the wdw.dvc.dvd.resales@disney.com email came through and I got a reply at 8am today after emailing them at 7pm yesterday evening.

i tried this email and received a standard response that they would reply in 10 business days.... our deed was recorded on the 10th of May, hoping to hear soon. :)

Home Resort: CCV
Broker: www.*******.com
Title Company: TRCS
Offer made: 4/26/2021
Offer accepted: 4/26/2021
Sent to ROFR: 5/3/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/24/2021
Estoppel Received:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Originally was a delayed closing. The seller has notified they no longer need a delayed closing.. not sure how that’s going to effect my time line.

- Broker did say estoppels are running very slow. (Upto 6 weeks)

Home Resort: HHI
Broker: https://www.****************.com/dvc-resale-experts-listings/
Offer made: 5/6
Offer accepted: 5/6
Sent to ROFR: 5/7
Passed ROFR: 5/28
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

So mine were just loaded (through chat) and showing but when I tried to reserve it was 0 points available. I wonder why. I’ll go looking.

It is because we are still in 2020 use year. I was told it will show up as 0 on booking screen until we are in 2021 use year. It is showing up ok on my dashboard but not Manage screen. 🤷🏽‍♀️.
Meanwhile, on the somewhat bright side, I figured out my new resales contract has been working well except when mixing old banked points (from previous owner) with upcoming use year points on a single reservation. I get the dwarves and lovely personal attention from MS. This is the same for my other contract.
On the brightest side, 51 days from offer to using points- quicker than last time because broker and title were on it but most importantly, my seller was on it!! That is the luck of the draw beyond control.

Last edited:
Two Closing Time threads have me confused 😕... here's what I posted on the other one last night...

Home: AKV
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Offer made: 2/26/21
Offer accepted: 2/27/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/5/2021
Passed ROFR: 3/29/2021
Estoppel Received:
Closing docs received: 4/2/2021
Closing docs returned: 4/2/2021 (check sent 5/24/2021)
Sellers closing docs returned: 5/28/2021
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

*found out 4/1 that closing will be delayed until end of May due to an undisclosed existing reservation* We were on track for a super-fast transaction!

5/28 - I haven't hesitated to email and ask for updates. I was successful in getting the $195 admin fee covered by Fidelity/Seller (I don't care who pays it, as long as it isn't me). Knowing the existing reservation ends on Memorial Day, I returned final paperwork & check on Monday and seller confirmed sending closing docs via FedEx today. Hopefully by Tuesday we can actually start moving forward again.

Did you call or email to get your points to show up faster? Or it just happened on its own? I’m on the same timeline but no points yet as of right now. Don’t want to call in since I don’t have 2020 points but still so anxious to see the points in just to have it complete.

Sorry for the incredibly delayed response and I hope by now you have things settled, but no, I didn’t have a membership yet at that point so I provided the contract number, myself and my husbands name on the contract, our address, the location/amount of points. I told them if they needed anything else to let me know, but figured that was enough to look up and verify the contract.

Well two steps forward, one step back. I managed to get Member Administration to create my account and transfer ownership. However, Member Services wouldn't load the points because Member Administration is closed. So, I'm going to try again on Tuesday.

Small steps.

There's hardly anything left in terms of availability. I'm afraid I'm going to end up wasting 100 unbankable points for this year.

Update! :earsgirl::tink::smickey:

Home: CCV@WL
Offer made: 4/19/2021
Offer accepted: 4/19/2021
Sent to ROFR: 4/19/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/14/2021
Closing docs received: 5/27/2021
Closing docs returned: Fedex'd it on 5/28/2021; received 6/1/2021
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

Well two steps forward, one step back. I managed to get Member Administration to create my account and transfer ownership. However, Member Services wouldn't load the points because Member Administration is closed. So, I'm going to try again on Tuesday.

Small steps.

There's hardly anything left in terms of availability. I'm afraid I'm going to end up wasting 100 unbankable points for this year.

Were you able to get them to create your account and transfer ownership before you got any emails?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter