Closing Time!!

Moving over to this board and praying for everyone in Texas!

Saratoga Springs
Broker: Fidelity
Closing: First American Title

7/21 Offer sent and accepted
7/25 Paperwork in and went to ROFR
8/11 passed ROFR
8/25 Closing Docs received
?? Closing Docs Returned by Seller
8/28 Closing Docs Returned by Buyer (me)
?? Deed Recorded by the County
?? Points Loaded into Account

Bay Lake Towers
Broker: Vacatia
Closing: First Reliable Transfers

6/5 Offer sent and accepted
6/9 Paperwork in and went to ROFR
6/27 passed ROFR
7/11 Closing Docs received
8/14 Closing Docs Returned by Seller
8/17 Closing Docs Returned by Buyer (me)
8/21 Deed Recorded by the County
8/28 Points Loaded into Account

Finished in less than 3 months. FYI, the points just showed up in my account with a different resort and UY. I didn't have to add anything. I'm typing this as a Harvey Evacuee that's been displaced. Flooding is the worst we've ever seen. I needed to look at some Disney stuff to get my mind off of what's happening at home. :( Talk about all of us needing a vacation!

Congrats on points in the account, hope this made your day better! If there is something we can do to help up here in San Antonio PM and let us know!

Congrats on points in the account, hope this made your day better! If there is something we can do to help up here in San Antonio PM and let us know!

I think donations of any kind are what's needed at this point. We are loading up our cars with food and needed supplies and driving back to drop off with friends and at shelters. We're also bring tools and have to help removing dry wall and floors. Our area has receding waters, but others are still rising and reservoirs are overflowing and levees are breaching. It's scary.

I think it's September 5th, so I still have a little bit of time. Watching the prices steadily increase is making me uneasy. If this contract falls through for any reason then we'll have to rethink our home resort choice. There's no way I'm paying today's asking price of AKV! LOL

Ours was yesterday, and I didn't hear a peep from First American though they have both ours and the seller's documents. I emailed this morning to check in, but I may soon have first hand knowledge of what happens after the "close by" date! Sigh.

Ours was yesterday, and I didn't hear a peep from First American though they have both ours and the seller's documents. I emailed this morning to check in, but I may soon have first hand knowledge of what happens after the "close by" date! Sigh.

Oh my gosh! This process sure tries our patience, huh?! I was coming here to check in on your progress! Have you checked the OCC website? I wonder how long after closing it shows up there...? Maybe they closed and they just haven't notified you yet. I'm just not sure if the website reflects this right away or if it takes a while.

Oh my gosh! This process sure tries our patience, huh?! I was coming here to check in on your progress! Have you checked the OCC website? I wonder how long after closing it shows up there...? Maybe they closed and they just haven't notified you yet. I'm just not sure if the website reflects this right away or if it takes a while.

Some people have said here that they closed and had the deed recorded the same day, right? I check occ all of the time! Bets on whether we see it there before we find out from First American? This is my first time buying resale, and i have definitely not felt like one of the lucky ones with timing.

Some people have said here that they closed and had the deed recorded the same day, right? I check occ all of the time! Bets on whether we see it there before we find out from First American? This is my first time buying resale, and i have definitely not felt like one of the lucky ones with timing.

Ha! I've been checking the website too! Wishful thinking, I guess. =D

SSR

6/23 Offer accepted
6/27 Contract signed and sent to broker
6/30 Sent to ROFR
7/14 Passed ROFR
8/4 Closing docs received
8/7 Closing docs returned by buyer (me)
8/21 Closing docs returned by seller (International)
8/24 Deed recorded by the county
8/30 Points Loaded into existing account

9 weeks, pretty good for an international seller. I'm a little peeved the broker did not inform me it was an international seller though. I would have asked them to bank the points before we started the ppwk since it is a feb u/y, and the 2017 pts need to be banked by 9/30.

Back on this thread again!!! Yay!!

Grand Floridian
Broker: Buy and Sell DVC
Closing: Duncan

Offer made & accepted 8/3
Sent to ROFR: 8/4
Amended : 8/9
Resent back with signed amendments : 8/10
Passed ROFR:8/18
Received closing docs: ???
Sent closing docs back: ???
Buyer Documents received: ???
Seller Documents received: ???
Closed: ???
Deed Recorded: ???

I have one direct and one resale plus this one so if you have any questions about either process, ask away :)

Hi! Any update on your timeline? We are using same broker and title company and just passed ROFR on 8/28. I've seen other posts saying that the title company is slower than others so wondering if you're experiencing that as well. Thanks!

Hi! Any update on your timeline? We are using same broker and title company and just passed ROFR on 8/28. I've seen other posts saying that the title company is slower than others so wondering if you're experiencing that as well. Thanks!

We used that same title company and I have been very pleased! We placed an offer 7/1 and our deed has been recorded and sent to Disney for processing. Just waiting on this final step, but I have had no complaints. Everything has been so smooth.

AKL Timeline:
160 points
Offer made/accepted: 7/19/2017
Contract out for ROFR: 7/24/2017
Passed ROFR: 8/4/2017
Closing Docs Received: 8/29
Buyer Docs Returned: 8/30

BCV Timeline:
150 points
Offer made/accepted: 7/19/2017
Contract out for ROFR: 8/3/2017
Passed ROFR: 8/16/2017
Closing Docs Received: waiting

Both purchases are with Fidelity and First American Title

At least AKV is getting close!!!

No, no updates as of this morning. I too am a bit worried about the timeline and voiced my worries to Bee. She assured me that they moved along quickly. I am hoping to add on points directly but want this done first. I hope that your contract moves along quickly.

I'm pretty content with how fast our first DVC purchase is going but, I have a quick question. Our Closing Documents were signed and delivered to the Title company on 8/18. I emailed to see if the Sellers Closing Documents arrived yesterday and was informed that they had just arrived on 8/31. I thought the deed would then be recorded but I was told the Final Points Summary was requested and that could take 3-5 days and then it would be sent to be recorded. Isn't that step usually done earlier than this before they send out closing docs? I see everyone posting their timelines and I never see that.

Woke up this morning to an email that our contract has closed!! This was my fastest resale purchase yet-41 days from the day I submitted the offer. We passed rofr on Aug 11. Very pleased with Fidelity and First American! Great communication and process!

Is the closing company the same as the title company? My broker said she approved the closing statements yesterday and I should be receiving them via email from the closing company within the week. And I just want to send the closing company an email to try to nudge them along.

We closed!

Polynesian

6/26 Offer accepted
7/6 Sent to ROFR
7/28 Passed ROFR
8/9 Closing docs received
8/28 Closing docs returned by seller
8/31 CLOSED!

It hasn't shown up on OCC yet, but I'm sooo ready to be in this stage where I login to my account every day and check for the new contract. YAY!

No, no updates as of this morning. I too am a bit worried about the timeline and voiced my worries to Bee. She assured me that they moved along quickly. I am hoping to add on points directly but want this done first. I hope that your contract moves along quickly.

Thanks! I'd like to do the same. Will be following along with your progress, hope it moves quickly for you.

I'm pretty content with how fast our first DVC purchase is going but, I have a quick question. Our Closing Documents were signed and delivered to the Title company on 8/18. I emailed to see if the Sellers Closing Documents arrived yesterday and was informed that they had just arrived on 8/31. I thought the deed would then be recorded but I was told the Final Points Summary was requested and that could take 3-5 days and then it would be sent to be recorded. Isn't that step usually done earlier than this before they send out closing docs? I see everyone posting their timelines and I never see that.
My two transactions both closed the day after the docs were received from the sellers (different brokers, same title company). It sounds odd to me. I would think that's what estoppel is for.

We closed!

Polynesian

6/26 Offer accepted
7/6 Sent to ROFR
7/28 Passed ROFR
8/9 Closing docs received
8/28 Closing docs returned by seller
8/31 CLOSED!

It hasn't shown up on OCC yet, but I'm sooo ready to be in this stage where I login to my account every day and check for the new contract. YAY!

Did they let you know how long it usually takes to show up on OCC after closing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter