• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing on DVC resale

vcasey

Mouseketeer
I posted awhile ago when I was considering resale vs closing.
After getting the great advice about buying where I wanted to stay, I did get a resale at BWV. Today I write with good news but a bit of frustration.

The good news is I just got the call from the real estate agent saying they are closing with the seller today!!! Yeah!

Here's the frustration, that I'm hoping for some advice on. This has already taken 7 weeks and I'm axious to book my first trip. The agent is in Virginia and is not really familiar with DVC (weird story how I found it) and she's saying that it will take 3-6 weeks to record the deed and that they don't send the package to Disney until after that. Talk about deflating a moment of excitement. Could this be real that I have another potential month or two before I can book my 1st trip??

Does anyone know if that 3-6 week figure for recording is accurate or if they have to wait for the recording to notify Disney? Thanks for any input. (Man I'm happy for finding the BWV resale but boy do I wish I had an agent who was more seasoned with DVC resales)

Thanks for your input!!

I'm sorry if I confused you with too many details and ramblings.
It closed today, that took 7 weeks but they are saying they won't notify Disney of the closing until the deed is fully recorded which (according to them) is an ADDITIONAL 3-6 weeks, thus my frustration.

Dealing with DVC resales does require an agent that understands the documents and procedures involved to close the deal. Our agent was fantastic. From offer to closing took 4 wks. I was amazed because one of the weeks was Christmas week when generally nothing takes place. She worked closely with Disney, sellers and closing attorney to push things along. when it comes to commission sales time is of the essence.
Sorry for your frustrations but it will be all worth it in the end.

Ed
DVC 1994

Don't fret too much vcasey!!!!

You still have 40 years of enjoyment ahead. A couple of weeks are well worth it!

Congratulations on your new membership! You are absolutely going to love DVC and your future vacations. :)

It certainly shouldn't take that long to record the deed, but if they are trying to do it from VA, it may longer than usual. I would hope that they are telling you 3-6 weeks to provide a cushion for themselves. It usually takes less than a week after closing to be in the DVC computer.

Good Luck and WELCOME HOME!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Thanks to all of you who welcomed me home! I wanted to update you on what has happened. Someone suggested that the agent send everything to Disney even before the deed was recorded, and see if they would still put me in the computer. Guess what, that was a GREAT suggestion. I spoke to someone in DVC administration last night and they said I should be in the computer by the end of today and that she would even call me to let me know when I was in. I can't wait to make those 1st ressies!!!!:D

The info you got is indeed correct about the length of time for the deed. HOWEVER, deeds don't make ressies, member numbers do. The member number will be assigned 7 business days from the day Disney receives your paperwork ( i just finished the process on mine October 10th) at that point you will be able to call member services with your name and ask if a number has been assigned. When that day comes you're half way home. When you get that number and ask how many points are in the account, you will receive the sobering news, "NONE". But fear not, there is no mistake in the paperwork, it takes disney 24-48 hours to "update" the account with the points to which you are entitled. When i called back 2 days later, the points were there and i'm now set to go! About a month later you will receive an oversized envelope in the mail, and reveal it to be the deed to the property. You and your spouse will get a chuckle when you open it to find out exactly what you've purchased. It will say something like " .17862% of unit 19" . The next time you visit you can find your unit number and try to figure out which brick is yours, like we did. Best of luck, i hope i've been helpful, and WELCOME HOME. :jester:

I just finished a resale add-on. It took one month to close. Another week or so for the recording. Welcome to "The Club"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter