"Close to transportation"

Ravenne

Queen is never late everyone else is simply early
When doing online check in with MDE, one of the option for room request is "close to transportation." What exactly does that mean? Does it mean close to buses that goes to the parks, or close to a parking lot in general?

Close to the buses that go to the parks. Which also happen to be close to the parking lot at most resorts.

Yes, close to the bus stop. (and DansDad is correct about those locations)

Keep in mind that being close to the bus stop also means you are likely to get a lot of people traffic noise as folks head to/from the parks. Some times they are a bit exuberant, especially on the way to the park, and forget that others are still trying to sleep.

Look at the maps for each resort and you'll notice that the bus stations are generally way off on one side of the front of the main building. It's not that big a deal at some resorts, but at some others ... All Star for example, you can have a heck of a hike to the bus stop area.

So does it basically mean close to the parks buses that is a non Preferred location? (Assuming it's booked as a non Preferred room.) I'm looking at the AoA map for the Little Mermaid rooms. Does close to transportation for LM rooms mean building 9 then?

I'm looking at the AoA map for the Little Mermaid rooms. Does close to transportation for LM rooms mean building 9 then?

Yes, or if there's none available in 9 some rooms in building 7 would be pretty equal.

So does it basically mean close to the parks buses that is a non Preferred location? (Assuming it's booked as a non Preferred room.) I'm looking at the AoA map for the Little Mermaid rooms. Does close to transportation for LM rooms mean building 9 then?

We had a room in the building closest to transportation and it was still a hike. DS and I would happily stay there again. DH said never.

All in all it is great but "close to transportation" in this case is still quite far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter