city pass ?

Ok, let's see here... we did City Pass (the Southern California version) back in 2005, and thought it was a really good deal, and easy to use.

City Pass gets you admission into Disneyland and Disney California Adventure (basically a 3 day parkhopper), Universal Studios Hollywood, Sea World, and EITHER San Diego Zoo or the San Diego Zoo Wild Animal Park.

You can either buy City Pass ahead of time at the City Pass website, or you can buy it when you visit your first attraction; they are sold at the ticket booths just like any other ticket option. According to the website, prices right now are $235 for adults, $189 for kids ages 3-9. When you purchase City Pass, each member of your group gets a little booklet, containing all the attraction tickets. (You MUST leave the tickets attached in the booklets, as the date of expiration is stamped only on the booklet.) The first time you use the booklet, the ticket-taker stamps the back of the booklet with the date, you have 14 days from that date to use up all your tickets. At each park, present your booklet at the ticket booth, and the ticket-taker will remove the corresponding ticket and exchange it for your admission ticket.

We thought this was a GREAT deal. It saved us some money, and it was nice to have everything purchased all at once.

BTW, the tickets are not tied to any particular person. We ended up not using our Universal options, so when we left we gave them away to a random party at our hotel with the same number of children/adults as we had. :)

Costco sells the So. Ca. City pass for a discount. You can order online or see if your local store has them (I saw them in IL). Not sure if you need to be a member to order online.

No, you do not have to be a member to order online. I just ordered them & they are on their way. They just add a surcharge if you are not a member, but they are still cheaper w/the surcharge then anywhere else that I found.

Just a word of caution.....don't know 1st hand, but I read on this site that if you buy through Disneyland - you have to go there 1st, if you buy through San Diego Zoo - you have to go there 1st, etc. Now everyone seems to think that if you buy through Costco its your choice...I will read very carefully when I get mine, as we are flying into San Diego - so that better be the case or we may be returning them.....

Have fun!

No, you do not have to be a member to order online. I just ordered them & they are on their way. They just add a surcharge if you are not a member, but they are still cheaper w/the surcharge then anywhere else that I found.

Just a word of caution.....don't know 1st hand, but I read on this site that if you buy through Disneyland - you have to go there 1st, if you buy through San Diego Zoo - you have to go there 1st, etc. Now everyone seems to think that if you buy through Costco its your choice...I will read very carefully when I get mine, as we are flying into San Diego - so that better be the case or we may be returning them.....

Have fun!

Well, when we got ours (2 years ago), we bought them AT the San Diego zoo. Since we were there already, we did go there first, but I didn't remember seeing anything on them that said we HAD to go there first. next we went to Sea World, then to Disneyland and DCA, and had we actually used our Universal passes we would have used them last. But again, I don't remember there being anything saying they had to be used in any particular order. The only stipulations on them were that they had to be used within 14 days of the first use, and that the tickets had to stay IN the booklet till someone at each park removed them.

Again, nothing 1st hand - just what I have read here. Someone had posted where they got them (by mail), I think it was DL & they had to stop at DL - they didn't have to use the tickets, just validate them there 1st (or something) - then go on to their 1st stop in San Diego.

After some readers read their So Calif City Pass - it does state on some (depending on where you get them) where you have to use it 1st - if it applies.

Again - just noting caution to read the fine print!!!

I have my So.Cal City passes in my hand. They were purchased from Costco in Kalispell, MT when I was down there on business and I can tell you that they can be used in any order. I can't speak to non Costco purchased packs but these are fine.

I have my So.Cal City passes in my hand. They were purchased from Costco in Kalispell, MT when I was down there on business and I can tell you that they can be used in any order. I can't speak to non Costco purchased packs but these are fine.

HI! :wave:
Just had to jump in and wave howdy cause I *never* see Kalispell mentioned anywhere on these boards unless *I* am the one doing the mentioning!
Hope you had a lovely stay while you were here (sorry about all the smoke if you were here recently :sad2: ) and enjoyed yourself.
And don't you wish Costco would employ more checkers?!? Sheesh... 20 checkout lanes and only 3 of them open at a time... :confused3 If I am standing that long in line, there better be a Disney ride in my near future!

Yes, I just got mine Costco - Southern California City Pass tickets in the mail & I have read everything there is to read in my package & no where can I find that you have to go to one specific park 1st.......so Costco may be the way to go. You can start anywhere & it is a little cheaper. Every little bit helps!:thumbsup2

Another alternative are the Go City Cards. They have one for San Francisco and San Diego, and a bunch of other cities around the country. The card is available for 3 - 7 days, and gets you into a good 50 attractions in each city. It looks cool; we're thinking about trying the Boston one.

here's some more info...
http://www.gocardusa.com/

My crew and I went in Sept/Oct 2006 - this was the best deal. Very easy to use. You may want to inquire as to whether you can add more days to the Disney pass though - 3 days was not enough for me! Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter