Cinderella's solo???

Eeyore_lives

Earning My Ears
I am looking for advice/comments/suggestions regarding dining at CRT's solo. I am a 43-yo female who is a Disney fanatic - I've done solo trips previously and have always felt comfortable doing rides, dining, etc. on my own. I have never done a character meal of any sort previously - on my own or with others - so I have no idea what to expect....

On a previous trip with 2 girlfriends I was lucky enough to get CRT reservations, but they refused to go - even when I offered to pay their way! Obviously, they are not at the same level of Disney fanaticism I have reached... I decided not to attend on my own at that time (just felt embarassed!) and have somewhat regretted that decision ever since.

Well - lucky me! For my next trip (my 2nd solo trip - yippee!!! :jumping4: ) in February, I had planned to eat at Boma's for breakfast on my last day, a Sunday. When making the PS, on a whim, I had him check for an opening at CRT - and lo and behold there was one! I snagged it! So, my last day at WDW I get to dine with Cinderella and friends.....

Now the adult-side of my brain is pooh-poohing the idea - telling me I'm going to be embarassed, probably the only adult there chit-chatting with Cinderella and friends, blah! blah! blah! The child-side of my brain is VERY excited by the prospect of eating breakfast like a princess! princess: Should I tell the adult-side of my brain to shut up, sit back, relax and enjoy - or am I going to be completely out of place and embarassed??? I am looking for reassurance and maybe others' experiences who've done CRT solo... thank so much!

I also wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the great info you share - I've learned soooo much from reading through the DISboards! Good stuff! :wave2:

Go for it!! It sounds like something you have really wanted to do! And please, report back, for those of us singles who aren't as brave. :)

I went to CRT breakfast with this in mind. If you don't mind sit-down dining alone, I think you'll be fine there. I'd gone to WDW solo last December but was fortunate enough to be invited to CRT breakfast with some other DISers. So I had it in my mind, "Would I eat here if I were solo?" Seemed like a fine idea-so fun to watch the little princesses all dressed up. I've eaten solo at CRT for lunch twice-it was the first resturaunt I actually enjoyed dining solo in-everyone was so nice.

Sorry! I know I'll be in the minority here, but I've got to say no. CRT is so hard to get and it's something most little girls want so badly. I'm taking my son and GD in Jan, going solo in May and again in Dec, and taking my younger son and his wife in Sept. I was lucky enough to get ressies for CRT for my GD in January. A few weeks later I read a post from a desperate mother who had tried the same week (all week long) and was unsuccessful. She was basically pleading for a ressie the week of Jan 9th-Jan15th. My GD is a big tomboy and probably couldn't care less about eating with the princesses, but would love to eat in the castle, whereas this woman's daughter absolutely loved the princesses and greatest dream is eating with Cindy. Unfortunately despite her mother trying her best, this little girl is not going to realize her dream. I almost PM'd her to offer to give up our ressies for her, but didn't because I wanted my GD to be able to eat in the castle. I've felt bad ever since. When I go back in May, Sept, and Dec, I plan to try again to get CRT and then when a desperate mother posts that she was unable to get this prized ressie, I will PM her to coordinate times so I can make a little girl's day. I know it will cost me the credit card deposit, but I can't wait to give some little girl her dream, to make up for not doing it in January. If I went solo I'm afraid I would feel guilty for taking the spot that some little girl wanted so desperately. Hope this makes sense !

You can't feel guilty or else you'd give up every thing you tried to enjoy! Every person is entitled to fufil thier dreams no mattter the age. I myself have given up things wanted to do because of the"guilty feelling" you only live once! but I do commend you for the wanting to make a little girls dream come true!

I agree that you shouldnt feel guilty. For all you know it could be another adult group that gets the PS OR with the small size of your party (1) a family couldnt go anyways. You were able to get the PS and it is yours, if you think you will feel comfortable there....GO! Have a great time!
aubriee- if your GD only wants to eat in the castle, you can always get a PS for lunch or dinner and then you'll have the full menu to choose from instead of the character breakfast. Just a suggestion, we have eaten there many many times, never for breakfast,, and have def enjoyed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter