Cinderella dress - size 4/6?

kimruth

Earning My Ears
My 4 yr old daughter is scheduled to have breakfast with Cinderella in the castle in a few weeks. If anyone has a used Cinderella dress/costume they're not using anymore, I'd be interested in buying it. She'd only be wearing it for about an hour and I can't see buying one for the price they want in the store.

It's not necessary for her to wear a dress to breakfast, but I can assure you that we have got extremely good value for money out of ours. (We have a Snow White one), I bought it at the Disney Store which was a lot cheaper than in WDW, it's not quite as detailed, but my dd doesn't know the difference.

She wears it ALL THE TIME - she just loves it - if your dd is into dressing up, or playing pretend, then she will probably get a lot of use out of it. Our snow white dress has been in constant use for at least 2 years and it just gets chucked in the washing machine, hung up to dry and it is good as new.

I thought, oh my gosh, when I saw what they cost, and my dd had to earn hers by giving up her bottle (a very big deal for her at 3 1/2), but I have been very impressed with how often it has been played with.

Bev

I second BevS97's comments. My DD has 4 dresses, Tinkerbell, Snow White, Minnie Mouse and Cinderella (she wants Sleeping Beauty next) and she wears them all the time!!! She loves putting them on and playing Princess or Minnie around the house!! I'm sure your DD would get a lot of dress up time in a dress you bought. Also, only about half of the little girls dress up, so your DD wouldn't feel out of place not wearing a dress.

Have you checked ebay? I'm getting ready to put 3 Disney infant costumes for sale on ebay, that my dd was never able to wear! We bought size 18 months in the Minnie Mouse, Aurora & Belle costume dresses, in hopes that she could wear them on our cruise. But, she is growing too fast!! My luck!! :rolleyes:

My daughter & her cousin wore a really cute t-shirt that had ALL the princesses on it that we got from the Disney store. This worked great because ALL the princesses made a fuss over finding their picture. They would chat about what they had on or if they liked the pose. This was great also because we did not need to bring special clothes to change into. They just wore the T-shirt with shorts all day!

Don't count on her wearing it only an hour. Put soft, lightweight, comfortable shirt and shorts under the dress, because they can be scratchy. My daughter stayed in her dress to the bitter end of the day. Keep an eye on eBay or start sewing.

Our Disney store had these cute Princess dresses for 9.99 - they were supose to be $23.00 but at the counter they were only 9.99! This year my girls will be wearing these dresses vs. their 'formal' Cinderella & Snow White dresses. Should be a lot easier to lug....

Just some food for thought. Last year I bought the 34.00 Cinderella costume at Disney Store. At the parks, they were 37.00 to 43.00. A tad different, but still more. Glad we got them before we left.

Good luck.

Do any of your other stores sell Disney dressy up dresses?

Over here Woolworths have started stocking them, again, they aren't as fancy as the one's in the Disney Store, but they are £15 and in the Disney Store they are £20+. I bought one for my niece for her birthday and she was delighted with it.

I don't really know your chain stores, but It seems Disney licenses it's name and designs to a lot of other stores, I seem to remember seeing t-shirts in Walmart last year for example.

Bev

Our first year my older DD (at the time she waws 4 years old) wore a nightgown with three Princesses on it and she took some Disney pins and added Cinderella's Fairy Godmother and a few other princesses also. We got that nightgown at Marshell's for about $8 and two years later she still wears it to bed. I know sometimes The Disney Store sells fancy Princess Nightgowns and you might feel better getting something like that that can be worn again as regular clothes. When my older DD wanted to dress up as Cinderella for her school's "Dress up as your favorate storybook charictor day" I didn't want to spend the money on one of the fancy dresses, but I was able to get a Cinderella nightgown that she wore and it worked out great and she still wears that one to bed also.

Before our second trip my MIL gave my older DD 5 Princess dresses...something only a Grandmother would do....and 2 years later both my girls are always playing with them and they are the most popular things for their friends to play with when they come over. I am not sure if I would have bought them myself but I am sure glad my MIL did. (My MIL is awesome she is a Disney Nut also so she gets the girls things for our trips and stuff.)

If you decide not to do anything she will be fine without a dress...a lot of girls are there not wearing any dresses....like my younger DD. :D

I bought my daughters Snow White dress at the Character Outlet in Orlando. They usually have some princess dresses but the style and sizes are scarce since this is an outlet.

I bought my daughter (3 yrs) a very cute pink dress with Snow White on it at Target about 3 months ago. It was about 12 bucks. She wore it on our March trip to DL and got some very nice reactions from Snow White and the evil queen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter