"Cinderella ate my daughter"

As part of her bargain with Ursula, sure. I would say she definitely got off easy when compared with the original Andersen fairy tale.

Point well taken, and maybe I'm going a little overboard with the symbolism, but there's something creepy about suggesting girls give up their voice (literally), or, the talent they are best known for, in order to catch a man.

Tiana is a much better role model, as is Mulan.

Point well taken, and maybe I'm going a little overboard with the symbolism, but there's something creepy about suggesting girls give up their voice (literally), or, the talent they are best known for, in order to catch a man.

Tiana is a much better role model, as is Mulan.

I absolutely agree with that.

I try to steer the girls in the direction of "if you aren't able to do something at which you're really good, figure out some other way around the problem" interpretation of Ariel's plight. That might be a stretch.

Plus, of course, they cannot date until they are 32.:rolleyes1

In the short term. I believe the princesses of today are much better. I just got back from seeing Tangled and I believe that there you can find a balanced princess with emotional turmoil, but both her and Eugune/Flyn save each other (with a saucepan!)

Keep up with the positive female role models!

Gotta love that frying pan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRWwEWHjO34

The mother, however, has a bad case of helicopter mom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter