Christmas tips!

Pharmgirl123

Mouseketeer
Hello,

My family of 6 will be in Orlando Dec. 13-26. We will be at Disney first and then move to Universal on the 21st. We first went to Universal Dec. 15-19, 2026. We had a blast since crowds weren't bad at all! But I'm worried about this trip. Here is what I have planned:

Dec. 21- drive to Universal, hopefully stay at RP if they release another 40% off like last year. Check out citywalk, dinner at Toothsome.
Dec 22-25: hit the parks with park-to-park tickets. Have meals inside the parks.
Dec 26: drive back home (booo!)

How insane will the parks be during these days? Any tips to survive? Any special events going on? I appreciate any and all advise!

Hello,

My family of 6 will be in Orlando Dec. 13-26. We will be at Disney first and then move to Universal on the 21st. We first went to Universal Dec. 15-19, 2026. We had a blast since crowds weren't bad at all! But I'm worried about this trip. Here is what I have planned:

Dec. 21- drive to Universal, hopefully stay at RP if they release another 40% off like last year. Check out citywalk, dinner at Toothsome.
Dec 22-25: hit the parks with park-to-park tickets. Have meals inside the parks.
Dec 26: drive back home (booo!)

How insane will the parks be during these days? Any tips to survive? Any special events going on? I appreciate any and all advise!

The crowd calendar for the 22-25 shows anywhere from a 4 to 6 (out of 10).

The crowd calendar for the 22-25 shows anywhere from a 4 to 6 (out of 10).
Which crowd calendar? That seems really low.

OI has it as it as 'Very Busy', which is their highest level. They define it as:

Very Busy
Theme parks are at their busiest. Expect huge crowds, very long lines for the popular attractions with wait times over 120 minutes, and extended park operating hours. Express Passes are HIGHLY recommended and may possibly sell out.

We're going 23 - 26 and expect it to be very crowded. The HP areas getting their first Christmas treatment will probably drive up the crowds. I'd recommend that anyone reading this message NOT go that same week... that way it will be a little less busy when we are there. ;)

We're going 23 - 26 and expect it to be very crowded. The HP areas getting their first Christmas treatment will probably drive up the crowds. I'd recommend that anyone reading this message NOT go that same week... that way it will be a little less busy when we are there. ;)

I'm hoping people listen to you and stay away! lol. Thankfully, we'll have the express passes since we're at staying at RP. We're HUGE HP fans so my family shouldn't have an issue being in line an hour before the park opens so we can be the first to run to HP area. :D

I'm hoping people listen to you and stay away! lol. Thankfully, we'll have the express passes since we're at staying at RP. We're HUGE HP fans so my family shouldn't have an issue being in line an hour before the park opens so we can be the first to run to HP area. :D
We'll be the family of 5 (me, wife, and 3 daughters in their early 20s) right next to you trying to catch the first boat over from RP! ;)

What is the 40% off deal you mentioned at RP last year?

Remember...Holiday Hell Week doesn't start until 12/26 so any time before can fluctuate from moderate to very busy. But once 12/26 hits...look out!

We'll be the family of 5 (me, wife, and 3 daughters in their early 20s) right next to you trying to catch the first boat over from RP! ;)

What is the 40% off deal you mentioned at RP last year?

I think in September or October they sent out an email to select people with a 40% off code for certain booking dates. Make sure you sign up for the emails by going to universalorlando.com and scrolling all the way to the bottom. I hope we both get it this year!

Remember...Holiday Hell Week doesn't start until 12/26 so any time before can fluctuate from moderate to very busy. But once 12/26 hits...look out!

I hope hell week doesn't start until 12/26!! That's the day we leave and I don't care if it gets hell-ish after we leave as long as it stays slow when I'm there!! :rotfl2:

I think in September or October they sent out an email to select people with a 40% off code for certain booking dates. Make sure you sign up for the emails by going to universalorlando.com and scrolling all the way to the bottom. I hope we both get it this year!
Nice! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter