Christmas in Disneyland

poconoboatniks

DIS Veteran
This will be our second trip to DL and our first trip at Christmas time. Can someone recommend a DL or local restuarant for Christmas Day dinner? I know some people have had their ressies booked for months, but we just decided to go to DL for Christmas. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Poconoboatniks

DL restaurants have not yet begun taking reservations for Christmas. You can get advance dining reservations up to 60 days in advance. As far as what they offer I honestly don't know. I just wanted to let you know you are not too late to make your reservations.

Depends on what you want. If you want a traditional turkey or ham type of dinner, usually the Disneyland Hotel has a big banquet. It's open to anyone, you don't have to stay there. But I think you should go for a character meal. After all you are at Disneyland so why not spend it with Mickey or Goofy? My favorite is Goofy's Kitchen. Or you might go all out and try for Blue Bayou.

Also, for added extras, if you are staying on-site, you can order a christmas tree and other goodies for your room.

poconoboatniks said:
This will be our second trip to DL and our first trip at Christmas time. Can someone recommend a DL or local restuarant for Christmas Day dinner? I know some people have had their ressies booked for months, but we just decided to go to DL for Christmas. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Poconoboatniks

You still have time to make those ressies! Make sure you call EXACTLY 60 days beforehand to make sure you get it! :thumbsup2

IF you want a real "Christmas" feel book at Storytellers Cafe at the Grand Californian Hotel. That place is really pretty at Christmas, and decorated to the hilt. They have carolers in the lobby every evening during Christmas.

Good luck!

I xant wait till I can reserve, not knowing where I will be eating Christmas dinner, I am so confused. I am staying at GC so I am going to reserve Napa Rose it sounds nice. I havent dont anything traditional for yrs since my mom passed away and now that my father passed away last Oct I am not traditional at all...going to start my own tradition...just winging it. :santa:

GailT said:
I xant wait till I can reserve, not knowing where I will be eating Christmas dinner, I am so confused. I am staying at GC so I am going to reserve Napa Rose it sounds nice. I havent dont anything traditional for yrs since my mom passed away and now that my father passed away last Oct I am not traditional at all...going to start my own tradition...just winging it. :santa:

That's so nice - we have been winging it since my father died as my Mom doesn't want to anything the traditional way anymore - his absence is too great. So the first year we spent a quiet time in Palm Springs and last year we went to Disneyland - she loved it and so did we! Very croweded - but we still had fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter