Chris & Megan's Wishes Wedding: Updated 8/2:Photobomb of the last month!

While we were in PA the other day, we found an aisle runner that was 75 foot long and didn't have a horrible pattern on it. Since they are changing the carpet in the Wedding Pavilion, I'm not as psycho about covering the carpet up anymore and decided to go with the 36 inch wide runner. There will be petals on either side pretty heavily [silk ones] so it won't be too bad. The runner ended up being 50% off as well!

So today, while I had the house to myself, I started working on our runner! It took me about 3 hours of solid work besides the time it took to gather supplies.

I took the monorgram and went to Staples! Staples makes these great prints called Engineering Prints which are super cheap and can come in sizes up to 5 feet wide.

I got the monorgram printed on a 36 inch print and it cost me 4.97! Once I gathered the rest of the supplies, I was ready to start.

The first thing I did was to take painters tape and tape the entire print to the hardwood floor. Lesson learned later [and I ended up having to go back and take the print up to put wax paper down] is to protect your surface. My sharpie bled through.... Oops.
8a3f1b50.jpg

Then I traced and darkened each line with a black sharpie. I only really needed to trace Mickey and Minnie but I did the whole thing to make it easier.
311dafdd.jpg

Then came the wax paper! I taped wax paper over the design!
9d479026.jpg

I measured about 7 feet up from the end and then taped the runner to the floor. After that...It was time to paint. Please don't judge that I used one of my good blue Dresden dishes. The dish was not harmed in the making of this runner!
These are the progression pictures....
b8670aa4.jpg
4a8cad8e.jpg
979fa5d6.jpg

As you may be able to tell, there are two special things about the last photo. The first is the two squiggles that are next to SAUNDERS.They are there because I had some silver paint drip on the runner :(
The second is the fact that the date isn't painted on here! That's because...WE GET OUR DATE ON WEDNESDAY! :scared1:

Anyway, I'll be back Wed. with hopefully good news and a completely finished runner!

Cost of the Runner [Not Final]
Wax paper and Painter's Tape:4.95
Runner: 15.95
Paint [already had silve89r and Yellow] and Paint Brushes: 5.88
Total: 26.78

Missing: Silver Paint Pen for edges of Mickey and Minnie

P.S-This is the tutorial that I used as a reference! Personalized Aisle Runner Instructions

484178_10151024711058454_1348371787_n.jpg

380287_10151024713008454_1332355237_n.jpg

556865_10151024648913454_920208955_n.jpg

282379_10151024650753454_565636688_n.jpg

545377_10151024651233454_1852076279_n.jpg

178939_10151024653098454_1700391249_n.jpg

252659_10151024707223454_36731992_n.jpg

251990_10151024707403454_261845121_n.jpg

556724_10151024707963454_1307767009_n.jpg

These were all taken by Randy Chapman Photography at Disney's Boardwalk, Yatch & Beach, and Caribbean Beach.

Here is even more...... Let me know if the link does not work!
Favorite Engagment Photos

I love them. I've still not touched the Black and White one. But I'm IN LOVE with them. DF really liked working with Randy so I think that's the direction we are headed.

Love the first epic when you two are in the leaves.

The flower balls and runner looks great.

Good luck on Wednesday

I just found your PJ and I am working my way through it, I had to skip to the end to tell you that I LOVE your ideas!

Your rings are gorgeous, and I love the aisle runner with the hand-painting, what a wonderful idea.

I can't wait to see what comes next!

Love the first epic when you two are in the leaves.

The flower balls and runner looks great.

Good luck on Wednesday

Thanks! :wizard: I'm going to be optimistic!

I just found your PJ and I am working my way through it, I had to skip to the end to tell you that I LOVE your ideas!

Your rings are gorgeous, and I love the aisle runner with the hand-painting, what a wonderful idea.

I can't wait to see what comes next!

Thank you so much! I've made slight changes since the start but overall plans have stayed the same.

Thank you! It took so long but I couldn't justify paying 250 plus bucks for it. That money can be used for other purposes!

I look forward to hearing from you :)

Wow.. Your wedding is 2 months AFTER mine and you have SO MUCH more done! I feel like a major slacker! :rolleyes1

Don't feel like a slacker! I have two very big monsters looming over my head which is what is pushing me to get things done early. The first is student-teaching, I'll be student-teaching next spring so I'll be running around like a chicken with my head cut off from January to May. Then the second thing is that I have to go to Disney and work for about 2 weeks in late May/Early June right before our wedding.

:lmao:

The flowerballs look great!! Good job!!

WOW! The aisle runner is going to be be awesome! Love it! And, no one will notice your mistake. No worries!

EEK! I'm excited about your date! Tomorrow!!

Your e-pics turned out so great. Love them all!

The flower balls and your aisle runner look amazing! I can't wait to hear the date! Fingers crossed for you!

The flowerballs look great!! Good job!!

WOW! The aisle runner is going to be be awesome! Love it! And, no one will notice your mistake. No worries!

EEK! I'm excited about your date! Tomorrow!!

Your e-pics turned out so great. Love them all!

Thanks! I'm so glad both of those balls are done. DF could inform me last night that they are two different sizes, I've chosen to ignore him.

Thanks! I'm so nervous!!!

Your engagement photos are too cute! So many fun shots but also really relaxed, romantic ones. Love them!

Your flower balls look fantastic, and I totally love that you hung them from your ceiling fan. Pretty sure I'd do the same thing. Annd your aisle runner is looking fantastic, can't wait for you to find out what date you get to paint on. Fingers crossed it's the one you want!!

Your engagement photos are too cute! So many fun shots but also really relaxed, romantic ones. Love them!

Your flower balls look fantastic, and I totally love that you hung them from your ceiling fan. Pretty sure I'd do the same thing. Annd your aisle runner is looking fantastic, can't wait for you to find out what date you get to paint on. Fingers crossed it's the one you want!!

Thanks! We had a blast taking them to be honest!

I had to find somewhere to take the photo, right? Come to find out, they are different sizes. Genuineness, right?

I'm loving our runner! :) Thanks! :)

Thanks! Welcome to the boards :) when is your wedding? Thanks, by the way!

Thanks! Hopefully May 21, 2014...which I know is a long ways away, so I'm patiently waiting to start my own PJ lol

I had kept seening these soul mate shirts online and I wanted a pair!

So one day...I decided that it was off to Michaels for me! I washed the two shirts that I got and then after they dried...

SAM_0068.jpg

I cut out the letters and laid them out. I prefer words to be closer to my neck then across my chest so I made sure my letters were higher on mine.

SAM_0070.jpg

Then...using a disney scarf...I ironed them on!

SAM_0071.jpg

I let them cool down for a while...

SAM_0073.jpg

Then marked the places for the ears with a pencil.

SAM_0074.jpg

And sewed on the ears!

SAM_0075.jpg

I didn't take a picture of the bow but here's the finished product:
af1e9456.jpg

Overall, the whole project cost me $14.11. I love how they came out!

We finished our aisle runner!!

BIG SIDE NOTE! DO NOT PUT THE TAPE directly on your runner. It ripped little holes in my runner.

But anyway...it still looks pretty good and it's going on the floor anyway!

SAM_0127.jpg

Cost of the Runner: Final

Wax paper and Painter's Tape:4.95
Runner: 15.95
Paint [already had silve89r and Yellow] and Paint Brushes: 5.88
Silver Paint Pen: 1.99

Total: 28.77

We finally got our official wedding date!

We are getting married on June 27, 2013 at 10 am at Disney's Wedding Pavillion!! :banana:

Our reception is a ADH from 11-3 and our DP is from 8-9:30 at Eau De France.

I'm ecstatic!! We emailed back all of our paperwork Thursday night after getting our emails Wend. afternoon! We're talked about the room block prior so we had a pretty good bet on how we wanted it set up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter