• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Children eating adult meals

stacy2197

Mouseketeer
My son is nine years old and is a big eater. He is already 5'5". At the Table service meals I think the kids meal will fill him up just fine with the appetizer and desert added. I know the counter service won't be enough for him. Will anyone notice if I order 3 adult meals and 1 kids meal(for my 7 year old) or is that a big no no. If anything I'll just have to pay extra for him I guess. Thanks for any help. :wave:

At some of the table service places (Le Cellier, for instance) kids can order adult appetizers with the kid's meal.

As to "will they notice...." you can always go up and get an adult meal and a kid meal. Sit down and feed the kids. While you start with the kids, send DH to get 2 adult meals for the two of you!

Many of the adult meals at CS are huge. For example, almost anyplace that does burgers has a "double cheesburger." We'd usually split it, but you can buy an extra bun for 90 cents. Cosmic Rays and Pepper Market has a chicken and ribs combo that easily feeds 2 adults, maybe even 3. We often found that one CS meal could feed 2 adults...but I'm not a big eater.

I don't think you'll have a problem if he orders an adult meal at TS. I would be surprised if they asked his age especially if he's tall for his age. Of course, you're only paying for kid's meal and getting an adult meal but I say go for it. (Others will probably disagree!) When you present your card to have credits taken, it won't matter how many adult and kid's meals you order. They'll just take off 4 credits. (we've used the plan twice now) :goodvibes

As for CS, order adult meals. We usually share 2 adult meals between my mom, myself, and my DD6. Hope this helps.

kcashner said:
As to "will they notice...." you can always go up and get an adult meal and a kid meal. Sit down and feed the kids. While you start with the kids, send DH to get 2 adult meals for the two of you!
That's the best way to do it for CS.

Dizneydaz said:
I don't think you'll have a problem if he orders an adult meal at TS. I would be surprised if they asked his age especially if he's tall for his age. Of course, you're only paying for kid's meal and getting an adult meal but I say go for it. (Others will probably disagree!) When you present your card to have credits taken, it won't matter how many adult and kid's meals you order. They'll just take off 4 credits. (we've used the plan twice now) :goodvibes
I don't know if I'd feel comfortable doing this, because when you present your card to pay, they could easily say that your card is for 2 adults and 2 children. I'm not sure what would happen, or if any of the servers would care, but I thought I read that a DISer was not allowed to use their credits for a friend's adult meal, and I wouldn't want to take a chance.

It would be my luck that I was refused and forced to pay for an extra adult meal (and appetizer and dessert!).

All of the TS we used in December asked to see the card when we told them we were on the plan--once they saw the card we were told that DD had to order off the children's menu. As for the "go up twice" will work oryou could do what we did and use the CS credit for breakfast and order one additional entree OOP--there are always plenty of fries and other sides so what we did was order 3CS meals and one additional entree (as DD didnt' care for most of the new healthier not so kid friendly options) of a hot dog, chicken planks or a cheeseburger or pizza. TS is very strict and CS CM's were pretty strict in December.

At every meal, they asked if we were on the dining plan AND also asked our children's ages.

I don't think you will have any luck ordering an adult meal for a child at TS and I certainly wouldn't attempt it.

But you may have luck getting an adult CS meal at CS restaurants (again I wouldn't do it though).

stacy2197 said:
My son is nine years old and is a big eater. He is already 5'5". At the Table service meals I think the kids meal will fill him up just fine with the appetizer and desert added. I know the counter service won't be enough for him. Will anyone notice if I order 3 adult meals and 1 kids meal(for my 7 year old) or is that a big no no. If anything I'll just have to pay extra for him I guess. Thanks for any help. :wave:

If your going during free dining just list him as an adult. It will only cost you a little more for his park ticket and he'll be able to eat what ever he wants.

Well, I'm going in July so no free dining for us. It's just the counter service I was worried about. Some of the CS are fine but at AK all the childrens meals seem either realy small or somthing he wouldn't eat. It will probably only be a problem at just a few places. Thanks for all the nice helpfull responces.

Is it a big no-no? Yes

Could you get away with it? Probably

The child's dining plan is a screaming bargain at $11/day. Why not just get the child's CS meal, and then pay out of pocket for something extra to fill the boy up?

On a similar note...my 6yo will not eat WDW chicken nuggets (really, they're awful) but will eat chicken fingers. Last weekend at Pop, we just bought her the adult meal that had fingers rather than the kids' nuggets (not on DDP)....but I guess this could be an issue on the dining plan. I thought I would just ask for a kids' portion of chicken fingers as the adult portion was really too much for her anyway. Or pay OOP for the adult fingers and get the kids' meal for our 2yo...or just have them split the adult meal and save the credit.

salmoneous said:
Is it a big no-no? Yes

Could you get away with it? Probably

The child's dining plan is a screaming bargain at $11/day. Why not just get the child's CS meal, and then pay out of pocket for something extra to fill the boy up?

I agree with this!
I also agree that most of the SC meals are huge and can be shared.
You will get so many SC's you won't know what to do with them! Let the boy pig out on those!

stacy2197 said:

I'm not positive but I dont think at most TS restaurants the kids meals include the appetizer.I believe some will let you pick one from the adults but I dont think all of them offer it. But like was mentioned if your worried about it I would just purchace him an adult ticket then you wouldnt have to worry about it.Its not that much more and would probably work out anyway if you were going to be paying OOP for him some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter