• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Child Swap Dinosaur

HandsofReiki

Mouseketeer
how exactly does it work?

Say I queue up, can hubby take DD to the boneyard or Triceratops spin, and when I come back can he go?

Or do they have to be right with me waiting?

I'm an utter newbie, so I don't really fully understand how all this stuff works. And let me know if this isn't the right place to post this question.

Thanks!

At Disney you have to show the too short rider to the cm at the beginning of the cue, once they have seen the child, your non-riders are free to go elsewhere while you ride. They will either give you a swap pass when they see the too small rider or give the rider a lanyard to swap later in the cue for the paper swap pass. At no time do they allow a too small child into the cue.

We did the riders swap at Disneyland a lot with my son, it's amazing. The parent with him would take him to a ride he liked while the other parent and older child were on the big kid ride. It worked great and my youngest loved getting a chance to chose his own ride.

Does it only work on a too short child?? I have a tall for her age child ( just over 40) that would never go on a ride again if I brought her on Dinosaur. But hubby and I would like to experience it. Does it have a single rider line? Hmmm.

Does it only work on a too short child?? I have a tall for her age child ( just over 40) that would never go on a ride again if I brought her on Dinosaur. But hubby and I would like to experience it. Does it have a single rider line? Hmmm.

Rider swap is meant for too-short children. You may be pixie dusted and receive child swap with a too-scared child, but it's at the discretion of the CM.

The only rides with single rider are EE, TT, and RnRC.

oh well, I will try. but :confused3

I am sure that is in place to keep something/someone from taking advantage of the system, which I support. Just a bummer. Oh well. worse things have happened to better people. :thumbsup2

Rider swap is meant for too-short children. You may be pixie dusted and receive child swap with a too-scared child, but it's at the discretion of the CM.
I came across this situation at Alien Encounter. My daughter and I wanted to ride it, but my son, who was 6 at the time, did not, and they wouldn't let us swap. Luckily I did manage to go on later that trip, by myself. It closes for the new overlay shortly after that.

If you have a child that is tall enough and you cannot get the rider switch pass, there are some on this board that have been able to switch, or arrange the switch, at the load/unload area. Unfortunately, this means that the non-rider has to go through the queue and wait for the first party to get off.

I know this is something I had not thought of and should have done with my special needs sister when she was not comfortable being left on her own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter