Child Care at Disneyland Hotel

MkUSmile78

It's all about me!
Has anyone used the child care services at Disneyland Hotel?
This is the first, and most likely only trip, we will have the opportunity to go to Disneyland. We have a DS3 that does not meet the height requirements for alot of the rides. I was thinking about using the child care services for one evening so DH and I can enjoy a few rides together. I looked on Disneyland.com but couldn't find much information on the subject.
Any information would be appreciated!

By staying at the Disneyland Hotel, you are entitled to use Pinnochios Workshop which is in the Grand Californian. They are open from 5:00 pm-12:00am. The cost is $13.00 an hour per child and there is a 2 hour minimum.

They have a babysitter referral service where the people they refer are bonded, fingerprinted and background checked. Sometimes they will even let you use Pinnochio's workshop at the GCH but you need to make arrangements beforehand. You can call the Disneyland Hotel and ask guest services if you can use Pinnochio's workshop during your stay and if you can, they will give you the number to Pinnochio's workshop. They babysit and feed them. It is more expensive than you would expect (or should I say I would expect) but a sitter while you have a romantic dinner with your spouse or get some adult time in the park on a possible once in a lifetime trip may be worth it. When we went in February of last year they told us we couldn't, and then in June, when we brought my niece to babysit, they listed it on the concierge newsletter. You just need to ask.

Oh, and I complained to them on the first trip that they had Pinnochio's workshop at the Grand but nothing special at the DLH. They said they have been working on this problem but they need the people to run the programs and haven't hired/trained anyone for it. So their answer was basically, it is in the works to create similar programs at the DLH and PPH. At least they opened up Pinnochio's Workshop for all resort guests lately. This changes just like pool priviledges so always ask and make arrangements before your trip.

Pinnochio's Workshop is for children ages 5-12. Your best bet is to go with the referral agency (Fullerton Childcare).

familyoffiveAZ said:
Pinnochio's Workshop is for children ages 5-12. Your best bet is to go with the referral agency (Fullerton Childcare).

LOL! Sorry about that. I read my information too fast. ;) As familyoffiveAZ noted it is for ages 5-12 (not open from 5-12). :crazy:

Thank you for asking this, I kept meaning to ask it myself. I was wondering if anyone had done this and how the experience was? We would do a sitter in the room for DSs 5 and nearly-2. Would probably be an evening timeframe, maybe dinner and fireworks.

I read in a guidebook that Fullerton's charges $32 for 4 hours (with a 4 hr. minimum), then a set amount for each hour after, which seemed pretty reasonable to us (unless it's $32 per child? Yeesh!) Not sure if that price is still current...

But like MsYumiBr said, some adult time on vacation is priceless, so might be worth it anyway. :lovestruc

Does anybody know the exact cost for an in room baby sitter? Is it by the hour? Any minimums (4hrs)? Is it by the child?

Just did a search on "Fullerton" in this forum and came up with one person saying that as of the 2005 guidebook, cost for 1-2 children is $48 for four hours (the minimum) plus $10/hr after that.

Very reasonable, imo, and I'm cheap. I'd have to pay far more than that where I am now for someone to take on my crew. :rotfl:

Adding it up, 4 kids times 2 sitters (worst case scenario) = a nice dinner alone for $96 plus tip. Ohhhhh yeah, I'm sooo going to budget that in for next trip. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter