• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

~Chicken Soup for the Gardener's Soul~

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
I haven't read the book, have you? :)

I thought we could try a CSFTGS of our own, kind of like a Garden Journal. Yarden observations, plant progress reports, poems and sayings, that kind of stuff.....:) Should we give it a try?

I'll try to get it started....:o :D

So far, it's been one of those mornings that makes you smile inside and out! :)

The weather is lovely, about 70F with a light breeze. The clothesline is full, the grass is trimmed, the container plants have all been fertilized.

The delpiniums are just starting to open, and the coreopsis are just a couple of days away from blooming. :)

I indulged myself after my morning chores were done, with a late breakfast of......Strawberry Shortcake! With an extra large dollop of whipped cream....lol. :duck: Not our strawberries, but from a farmer's market we like to go to. The start of strawberry season, one of my favourites from Foodland Ontario! :)

It really is beautiful out.....:sunny:

How are things in your part of the world? :flower3:

I haven't read the book either...

The days have been unusually warm here in the beautiful Pacific NW. We are working on a week of weather in the 80's. :sunny:

The garden is looking great. All of my summer perennials are in full bloom. The roses are starting to bounce back and the dahlias are growing tall. :flower2:

Summer is wonderful. The kids are in and out of the house, playing with other kids in the neighborhood, laughing and screaming a lot :laughing: and having a summer like I used to have.

All is well in my neck of the woods. :flower:

Sounds like you're having better weather then we are, Mary! After yesterday morning, things took a nose dive. It's sunny for a while, then cloudy, then rainy. We can't seem to string more than 2 nice days together!

I'm glad to hear your perennials are doing so well! :)

Our neighbourhood has gotten a lot noisier too, and will be even more so next week, when the kids finish school for the summer. :sunny:

Today, is a very important day....my Mom's 82nd Birthday!!! :) :)

Not sure how Chicken Soup books go. I remember glancing through one for teens that one of my son's friends lent him for a while. I'm not good at poetry either. I can be good at story telling, when I have a story to tell.....

Hmm..... I'll get back to this. (Tulirose! There you go again! The story of your life... PRO-CRASS-TIN-ATING yet AGAIN!!!) (Ah yes! But I do it SO well, don't I!!! ) :teeth:

I always enjoy your stories, Tulirose! ::yes:: :teeth:

You know, this journal idea of mine should probably be composted...lol. :crazy:

This past weekend, for the second year in a row, a stray basketball came over the fence and smushed some of my delphiniums, just as they were starting to bloom........:sad2: Oh well....stuff happens.....::yes::

A belated Birthday to Mom.

Looks like a beautiful day today here. Sunny and very warm.

My yard work is finally winding down. Mulch came yesterday. Two months of digging and moving the shade lovers, planting all new plants. It's looking good but you never know, a year of growth will tell me if everything stays where it's been planted. I will be adding a tree in the fall and redoing the lawn, and some stone work to the front. This old tired body has decided it's the last time I'm redoing this yard over.

I have a Tuli tale but I must go spread mulch. Caoilinn will be here in 2 hours, then I need to take a delivery to the auction house for DH, then Autumn arrives. Today is double trouble day. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I sit both Granddaughters all day. I'll return with the rest of the story soon.

Wow Mamu, you have been working way too hard!!!! :eek: :D

I hope it all turns out beautifully, and that soon you can relax and admire all that you've accomplished! ::yes::

After the work, and the babysitting, I think you need to join us for a soak in the BUD TUB! ;) :D :D

budsinspa.jpg

:flower:

I took out "Chicken Soup for the Gardener's Soul" from the library the other week (reminds me, it is probably due back shortly if not already!)

Upon getting the book home I immediatey brought it into my "library" and sat on my throne to read a story or two. The first one had me in tears! Good thing I was in the privacy of my "library"! Ha ha

I have sporadically picked up the book at various times and opened it up and started reading the different stories and NINE TIMES OUT OF TEN, I ended up crying!!!

Good book - I recommend you buds check it out! :)

Your library has a throne, Tulirose? :smooth: :p I bet a lot of home libraries have one! ;)

I'm going to have to get this book!

I do have 'Choclate for a Woman's Soul' (the book, not the candy, lol), and I'm sure it's along the same lines.

I don't know what the weather is like where everyone else is, but here, this morning, it looks and feels like Fall!!!! Grey and damp, and chilly. :confused:

:flower3:

There's lots of room, Bobbi! :) Suit yourself up, grab a frou-frou drink, and jump in!! :sunny:

It seems like I've been waiting forever for my morning glories to bloom, and finally, they've started. If we could crank up the sun a bit, maybe my sweet peas would do the same! :)

The white morning glories that are weeds grow everywhere in my yard, front, back, even in the grass. I have a friend who loves to grow moonflowers, but because they are in the morning glory family, I wouldn't dare plant them.

Bobbi:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter