Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I only got to see a couple of innings. Saw Contreras' 2 run (just barely) HR. Good catch by that young kid. Have to hope these are in the highlights.
just barely? It was 10' from the basket, lol...barely is hitting the basket and dropping in. Unless you are comparing to Schwarber's bomb, well then, yeah ;). Just hoping today is good for Kyle~seems like the Sux always get 2 (or more) when we play them. The intensity of that rivalry will never go away. I think the Pirates play the Giants and Brewers head tot he Nat's, but let's keep in mind the Nat's bullpen woes and the Brewers have , like the Cubs, decided to have later inning comebacks. Baseball is REALLY good this year across the nation. I mean, like CRAZY talent out there right now.

While playing with fire is never recommended...this is smokin'! Yes...it's real, that's our MVP literally catching a ball on fire

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/kris-bryant-hot-corner

kris-bryant-fireball-sequence.jpg

I am so sick of seeing the Cubs hitters crap the bed against a junk throwing pitcher. What is the damn deal with these guys?

I'm telling myself that throwing this game was part of the Q trade :rolleyes: Get in first, give it away. How Rizzo's bomb didn't leave the park in the 7th and then Davidson's does right after it...:sad2:. Grimm has to get that fast ball under control.
Well....turn the page and get them tomorrow.

There are times when I see these guys hit and pitch and think they are capable of the repeat. And then I see games like today and realize that a 1st round sweep is also a possibility. Anyone else struggle with the identity crisis?

There are times when I see these guys hit and pitch and think they are capable of the repeat. And then I see games like today and realize that a 1st round sweep is also a possibility. Anyone else struggle with the identity crisis?

You're not alone!

We joke that sometimes they play like their gloves are on the wrong hands, their cups are on their heads, and their shoes are tied together.

This game wasn't that bad but it's hard losing to the Sox.

Sigh.

Today lineup
Between Lackey and Rondon, Bleacher Bums probably going to get a few souvineers today.

LET'S GO! Get first place back before the brewers even hit the field!

DFlmEihXsAAGFMp.jpg

The game is on here.

With Sox announcers. :crazy2:

What the?????

Come on, Cubbies!

I think Cubs announcers get the next 2, thank God. Hawk is a joke and I'm sick of Stone. Hawk saying that "Lackey hit Happ" is an abomination. You are a joke dude, get off my TV.

Also, is Contreras going to play the rest of the season? Why can't we give him a break once a week and let Caratini play? Am I missing something here.

The game is on here.

With Sox announcers. :crazy2:

What the?????

Come on, Cubbies!

For some reason, the Sox announcers do the games at Wrigley, and the Cubs announcers do the ones at Guaranteed Rate. However, tomorrow night's game is on ESPN and Grandpa Rossy's doing it!

Javy Baez, 0-5 with 5 K's. That's just not gonna get it done folks. I'm getting really tired of him chasing balls over his head for strike 3.

CUBS-WIN_1460433412087_1172617_ver1.0.jpg

I love this picture so THANK YOU CUBS for getting the W so I could post it!

9f9a34eca6107d17c28409e4c0a33f7a.jpg

WILLSON, MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!! I am simply in awe. CJ in the 6th with 2 on and no outs? His fast ball was WICKED today! Lackey, lol....did he hit 4? 3 in one inning. The only thing that took heat off of that was Javy golfing all afternoon with 5 K's. No homer's given up by him tho! Well done, John! Zobie set the tone, 2 doubles in his first 2 at bats...GREAT fielding defense (one got through but I don't think anyone was getting that one)
So , KB. WHAT A CROCK OF B.S! Pitch #6 in the image is the one he was called out on. Absolutely insane that Ump throws him out for argueing that , even worse that KB was literally walking back to the dugout. Cheap shot on SO many levels.
DFmxF0PV0AAbRVG.jpg

Lackey lit into Riz about something in the dugout, Rizzo didn't look TOO heated , but Big John needs a Snickers bar. Let's lite it up in GRF..
GO CUBS! TIED FOR FIRST AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bum on the mound for the Giants tonight against the Pirate's...Brewers facing Edwin Jackson ( who must be serving up the softest cookies ever,,,Brewers having a home run derby)

Last edited:
At the movies and it's about to start...

Yay CJ!

Didn't hear about KB until the 5th when I got home. Bad call all around! Boo!!!!

And yes, Javy has to stop swinging at everything!!!! :scared:

Siskaren, thank you for the explanation!

Go, Cubs, go!!!!

FYI, Sox closer Swarzak...(guy we saw yesterday and who Willson was livid about striking out against) was traded to the Brewers today. Yesterday was his first save.

WILLSON, MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!! I am simply in awe. CJ in the 6th with 2 on and no outs? His fast ball was WICKED today! Lackey, lol....did he hit 4? 3 in one inning. The only thing that took heat off of that was Javy golfing all afternoon with 5 K's. No homer's given up by him tho! Well done, John! Zobie set the tone, 2 doubles in his first 2 at bats...GREAT fielding defense (one got through but I don't think anyone was getting that one)
So , KB. WHAT A CROCK OF B.S! Pitch #6 in the image is the one he was called out on. Absolutely insane that Ump throws him out for argueing that , even worse that KB was literally walking back to the dugout. Cheap shot on SO many levels.
DFmxF0PV0AAbRVG.jpg

Lackey lit into Riz about something in the dugout, Rizzo didn't look TOO heated , but Big John needs a Snickers bar. Let's lite it up in GRF..
GO CUBS! TIED FOR FIRST AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bum on the mound for the Giants tonight against the Pirate's...Brewers facing Edwin Jackson ( who must be serving up the softest cookies ever,,,Brewers having a home run derby)

I only got to see the last 2 innings. I was wondering why the sox announcers also, so good it was explained although still idiotic IMHO.
Was that pitch chart from KB? If that was the call on him, then I can completely understand the bad call and the umpire should have been thrown out!!!! Given the plate is 17in wide, that's 6-7 inches OFF the plate. Not even close.
I heard the (ugh sox) announcers saying Lackey hit 4 people???? 3 in one inning? Was he just that off today or did he have a vendetta?
I did have to agree with them on the call at first for the DP. He was safe. It was clear the guy's foot was on the bag before the ball was in Rizzo's glove. I'd like to think that wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game, but the sox arguably could say it did.
Will have to go find the recap to see some of the other things you're talking about.

I only got to see the last 2 innings. I was wondering why the sox announcers also, so good it was explained although still idiotic IMHO.
Was that pitch chart from KB? If that was the call on him, then I can completely understand the bad call and the umpire should have been thrown out!!!! Given the plate is 17in wide, that's 6-7 inches OFF the plate. Not even close.
I heard the (ugh sox) announcers saying Lackey hit 4 people???? 3 in one inning? Was he just that off today or did he have a vendetta?
I did have to agree with them on the call at first for the DP. He was safe. It was clear the guy's foot was on the bag before the ball was in Rizzo's glove. I'd like to think that wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game, but the sox arguably could say it did.
Will have to go find the recap to see some of the other things you're talking about.

Yes, that was KB's box from his at bat of being thrown out. KB had to jump back on that last "strike" pitch so HE didn't get hit (was before Lackeys target fest) Lackey DID hit 3 in one inning (but got 1 out in between so not 3 in a row :rotfl2: ), but honestly, none looked at all like they were intentional (and not that any of the Sox players tried to get out of the way) Lackey had been throwing inside all day, just didn't have command and well, it's Lackey. No one was thrilled about it as the last thing we needed was to load the bases when the score was 4-2, early in the game. Plus put the heat on CJ so early. Sox retaliating on Happ next inning instead of waiting for 2 outs was was as dumb as a box of rocks. Fine with us to put the lead off guy on. Sox fans LIVID about Lackey...still ragging about it all on social media. My main concern is everyone staying un-injured with the Brewers series next. I know it is ridiculous to think Dusty threw last nights game, but shut out 8-0? They are up a dozen games and have the wiggle room to lose a few (for now) and Dusty has a chip on his shoulder about the Cubs..and would rather face Milwaukee than us if it comes down to it, probably. Maybe...maybe he would want the chance to beat us to even out the score. Nat's pitching woes, I get the new guy they had in but for their offense to do squat against Davies? (and I mean SQUAT) is suspect, if I see Harper or Murphy sitting either of these next 2 games, I'm convinced. Davies is good, I know, but that was just bogus. At least Bum did his job against the Pirates. They got crushed. Read Dex is on the DL again, 3rd time. STL fans none too happy about it.

Last edited:
I just realized I turned the game on after the 5th because I completely missed the hit-fest that occurred by both teams.

Oh, and after watching the replays my money would have been on Happ...:rolleyes1

I know Willson getting a break today and Victor is catching. Technically the Cubs should be able to hit off this Sox pitcher so even tho Willy is carrying the team on his back, should be ok today . Follow the plan of score early and often. Humidity is very high today..hope Jake has a good night.

as expected, Javy
upload_2017-7-26_16-51-43-jpeg.256276
keeping the bench warm , lol, . Here's tonight's starting lineup. On a side note, LOT'S of World Series babies born these last few days, going to be a boatload of Ivy's, Addison's, Waveland's, Clark's, Wrigley's, Anthony's, Jake
s, Kris's, Maddon's etc. growing up
DFr3Z-JW0AAdUVd.jpg:large

cubs-sox-logo-mashup.jpg

TIME TO TAKE THE LEAD IN THIS SERIES! LETS GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-26_16-51-43.jpeg
    upload_2017-7-26_16-51-43.jpeg
    4.5 KB · Views: 16

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter