Chef Mickey's Without a reservation?

AJsMommy02

Earning My Ears
Hey all I have a question. We were planning on heading to Disney next weekend for the day (we are only a few hours away) or maybe just overnight. Well since its very last minute I can't get reservations at Chef Mickey's its all booked and I have been checking. Has anyone had any luck going without reservations? I know they are strongly recommended but if I can't get them? I have also tried T-Rex and they are booked but we have eaten here without reservations so I don't think it would be as big a deal. We really wanted to do Chef Mickey's though. Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Not sure about CM's but I read somewhere with T-Rex if you go to their website and purchase a $10 club card you can walk up and get right in without ressies just because of the membership card.

Feel free to chime in if I misread this but it was on another board, can't recall which one.

T-Rex (and likely both RFC locations) only release part of their inventory to the Disney ADR system (both online and phone). You can try calling them directly and more than likely, they will have an opening.

Chef Mickey's is another story. Unless you show up right at opening (for either breakfast or dinner), you chances are pretty low. Even walking up at that time has a pretty good chance of being turned away.

Best thing is to keep trying, especially at different times during the same day.

i ditto the suggestions to go as soon as they open (or half an hour prior)... either that or at the very end of the service (dinner or b'fast)... good luck & enjoy :)

I have gotten same day reservations at CMs...but everytime I've been there when it opened they ahve turned anyone away without a reservation. I have heard them tell many people to wait an hour...basically see where they are after they've filled the restaurant. So I would keep checking the ADRs and go to guest relations when you egt there. we got our same day..infact it was just 3 hours before ...from the concierge at our resort.

We saw a couple of people being turned away at dinner at Chef Mickey's around 5:30 in Sept. You could try, but go early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter