Chef Mickey or Cape May

Cindy's Mom

DIS Veteran
My kids (DD23m, DS23) asked me and DH if after a family cruise out of Miami, can we PLEASE go to EPCOT and drink around the world. So yes of course we are going. As my signature shows, we haven't been to WDW in years. Our tradition has always been, day of arrival is no park, dinner at CM - fireworks out on that balcony (which I'm unsure is even there anymore). The "kids" want the normal day of arrival tradition (including CM, but I'm thinking that maybe just adult don't go there). Perhaps we eat at the Contempo and continue on w tradition and then next day do Cape May b-fast and the walk over to Epcot. Any thoughts on which character meal we should do? TIA

If CM is the tradition, I would stick with it. I just went with DS16 in December after he hadn't been in a while and asked for his restaurant requests - they were all places he had wonderful memories of from earlier in his childhood. It was really sweet to revisit these places with him and know how much he loved and enjoyed them. Traditions are lovely things.

Answering part of your question, If your drinking around the world definitely have breakfast at Cape May, outstanding meal last time I was there (Bloody Mary to start the day).

I guess you could tell your server to keep the characters away.

Answering part of your question, If your drinking around the world definitely have breakfast at Cape May, outstanding meal last time I was there (Bloody Mary to start the day).

I guess you could tell your server to keep the characters away.
I wouldn’t bother. If you just waive as they’re going by and refocus on your meal they know how to handle it. Solo trip last time. Got a selfie with Donald and high five from Goofy.

My kids always loved Chef Mickeys and me and my wife loved Cape May, they made alot of changes at Cape May since Covid, we havent been back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter