Cheer/Dance Season Looking Like A Go

All of the new dates are out for the comps. HS Nationals at ESPN have been moved from Feb to April 23rd-25th.
With the College Championship being April 27-28,that week is shaping up to be the most "livliest" at WDW since the reopen.

We are at WDW now and there just isn't the normal "vibe" without the College Program and International Cast Members and none of the normal Groups(Cheer/Dance/Sports/Music/15s,etc.) running around.

That week will definitely bring the most "energy" Covid WDW has seen and will be one more Baby Step on the long road back to "normal".

Here is the Spring Schedule for WDW Cheer/Dance Events.

The Quest Recreational Championship will be April 16-17 hosted by Pop Century.

21_vs_championships_pricing-quest.pdf (varsity.com)

UCA Open All Star Championship will be April 17-18 hosted by Pop Century.

21_uca_championships_iasc-pricing.pdf (varsity.com)

The College Cheerleading and Dance Championship normally held in January will now be held April 27-28.

Traditionally it is held at All-Star Sports,but this year Pop Century will be hosting.

2021_UCAUDA_CollegePricing.pdf (varsity.com)

National Dance Team Championship will be April 22-23 with Pop Century "partially" hosting along with All-Star Movies and Coronado Springs.

21_uda_championships_ndtc-pricing.pdf (varsity.com)

The National High School Cheerleading Championship will be held April 23-25 with Pop Century "partially" hosting along with All-Star Movies and Coronado Springs.

21_uca_championships_nhscc-pricing.pdf (varsity.com)

Also for the below events,It doesn't look like the names of their Host Resorts are available yet.

Last edited:
This is so infuriating. I have at trip planned for what i thought would be a moderate season, April 24-May 1. Now I don't even want to go then. Can anyone help with prior experience about the highschool/college/summit programs are during that week.

Just read on another site that Pop Warner and National Cheer and Dance will now be held at Universal Resorts and Camping World Stadium.

This is so infuriating. I have at trip planned for what i thought would be a moderate season, April 24-May 1. Now I don't even want to go then. Can anyone help with prior experience about the highschool/college/summit programs are during that week.

I've overlapped with some cheer events, the resort got invaded by roving groups of teenaged or college age girls but other than that it wasn't an issue.

UNLESS you are staying at one of their Resorts,little to no impact otherwise.
I've overlapped with some cheer events, the resort got invaded by roving groups of teenaged or college age girls but other than that it wasn't an issue.

Okay good news. I am really worried about it being this past christmas levels with crowds in the park and restaurant availability. We're in YC this time (yay AP 35% off!) so it won't affect us resort-wise at least!

I would love if someone is willing to answer some questions for me! I am helping a family member plan her family’s Disney trip. They are going for The Summit cheer comp. She is a Disney newbie and I am not a cheer mom!

She is booking through Varsity. At this point she only has her park tickets attached to her Disney account. Will she get a resort confirmation number once the host resort is finalized? The Varsity rep told her today she may not be able to use magicbands (she already bought them) and that she doesn’t need dining reservations.

I don’t want to give her misinformation since I don‘t fully understand how the block of rooms and itineraries work. TIA for any help!!

@Wendy12 If she has tickets in MDE already, she should make park reservations; she can do it as a “Theme Park Guest” since she doesn’t have a reservation number yet. It would be good to get those done sooner rather than later. Park reservations can be changed pending availability if her schedule adjusts, but she cannot get into a park without the reservation. She should also make any ADRs now or may get shut-out of the restaurants and/or times she prefers.

I don’t know why they can’t use MBs if tickets are linked in MDE. She may not be able to charge to her room, but as park entry it should work.

The TA will need to provide details about rooms - including confirmation, which may not come until just before the trip.

Thank you for your reply! She has already made park reservations. I just couldn’t get around her not having a resort confirmation number. It sounds like it works just like using a TA with the exception of the room being booked last minute. Is that correct?
Do the cheer groups dine together or do the family’s break off and do their own thing for meals?

Just noticed this thread. I have a trip planned for 4/21-4/29 in the hopes it would be a little quiet after spring break and before the summer season. I have canceled so many trips this year and I’m still a little concerned about traveling. This makes me more worried. I just hope it doesn’t impact my trip too much and that the teams don’t visit the parks in big groups where social distancing is impossible.

Just noticed this thread. I have a trip planned for 4/21-4/29 in the hopes it would be a little quiet after spring break and before the summer season. I have canceled so many trips this year and I’m still a little concerned about traveling. This makes me more worried. I just hope it doesn’t impact my trip too much and that the teams don’t visit the parks in big groups where social distancing is impossible.
I wouldn't worry too much as long as you aren't staying at a Host Resort.

Usually the Cheerleaders don't tour the Parks in HUGE groups like The 15s do.

We will be there at that time as well and are actually staying at Pop Century when High School followed by College are there.

We have stayed at All-Star Sports with College before and just learned to "go with the flow".

We did enjoy watching Practice-they can do some very impressive things.

It now looks like Pop Century has been dropped as a Host Resort for all Cheer/Dance Competitions other than The Summit and The D2 Summit which are still showing Pop Century/All-Star Movies/Coronado Springs.

All others are now showing either All-Star Movies or All-Star Movies/Coronado Springs.

I stayed at CSR when they hosted and the resort experience with cheer parents was terrible. They weren’t a bother in the parks at all though. Occasionally you would see them but they didn’t travel in huge groups at the park like they do in the resorts from what I could tell.

It's hard to believe Disney would allow this, but doesn't allow stage shows, etc.

Perhaps they plan to have them stay at one of the still closed All Stars and do a mini-bubble?
Probably. Just avoid all stars, you'll be ok

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter