Checking out on Halloween & coming back for TOT

stitchfan18

DIS Veteran
We check out of FW on Halloween morning & check into BLT that afternoon. We were hoping to head over to TOT the loops at FW on Halloween night, but I’m wondering if we’ll run into issues since our magic bands would show we are staying at BLT that evening. I did snag a late reservation for Trails End, but it’s not until almost 8:00 & we were hoping to head over by 5:00, so I’m not sure if that will help us get back over to FW.

Any advice on which way would be best to get to FW on Halloween? I was hoping to take the boat over, but I’m not sure if I can just show the boat captain our FW reservation so they can see we are guests on Halloween still or if driving would be a better option.

This has been sitting here for days.

I admit I have no clue.

However, it might get answered on the DIS/Resorts board because the situation could be between ANY two Disney resorts. If you've checked into the 2nd resort, is that what will come up on the Magic Band scan?

Generally, on your checkout day, you have all of that day (until the end of that day) to enjoy the amenities of your resort (although you do have to leave your cabin/room/site by the checkout time, of course, to allow other guests to arrive and check in). Your ADR might help but again, generally, an ADR might get you in AT MOST an hour or so before your seating time. I've been hassled by the guard over at the parking lot for Beaches & Cream about showing up too early (I wanted to ride Skyliner BEFORE I ate rather than after-guilty).

Bama Ed

PS - My hunch is in the OP situation above that it would show them at the new resort and they would be turned away. Parking is notoriously difficult/non-existant at the Fort on Halloween Day. Were I in your shoes, I would NOT check in to BLT until AFTER ToT. And who knows if they are checking MB's on the MK boat dock or bus stop to go to the Fort?

PPS - the guard at the resort for B&C let me in after an exchange of a few terse words. I turned around in the driver's seat, waved my hand over my shoulder, and asked him if ALL those empty parking spots in the lots around us that we saw TOGETHER were going to get filled in the next hour. :sad2:

Last edited:
This has been sitting here for days.

I admit I have no clue.

However, it might get answered on the DIS/Resorts board because the situation could be between ANY two Disney resorts. If you've checked into the 2nd resort, is that what will come up on the Magic Band scan?

Generally, on your checkout day, you have all of that day (until the end of that day) to enjoy the amenities of your resort (although you do have to leave your cabin/room/site by the checkout time, of course, to allow other guests to arrive and check in). Your ADR might help but again, generally, an ADR might get you in AT MOST an hour or so before your seating time. I've been hassled by the guard over at the parking lot for Beaches & Cream about showing up too early (I wanted to ride Skyliner BEFORE I ate rather than after-guilty).

Bama Ed

PS - My hunch is in the OP situation above that it would show them at the new resort and they would be turned away. Parking is notoriously difficult/non-existant at the Fort on Halloween Day. Were I in your shoes, I would NOT check in to BLT until AFTER ToT. And who knows if they are checking MB's on the MK boat dock or bus stop to go to the Fort?

PPS - the guard at the resort for B&C let me in after an exchange of a few terse words. I turned around in the driver's seat, waved my hand over my shoulder, and asked him if ALL those empty parking spots in the lots around us that we saw TOGETHER were going to get filled in the next hour. :sad2:
I appreciate your response. I didn’t even realize the boats between FW, WL & CR we’re still non-existent until you mentioned catching the boat at MK.

We definitely don’t want to add to the parking problem if we can catch the boat from MK. Maybe we’ll just time our trip back to FW closer to our ADR & just do a couple loops closer to

Ed gave great advice on the current state. I think the ADR at TE will be your saving grace. If they are checking on the boat (I would walk or take the monorail to MK and boat over to the Fort) saying you have a reservation should let you on. If they check, it will show the ADR. You can debate how early is too early, but generally CMs don't like confrontation and you have a reason to go to the Fort, so I'll bet they let you arrive early.

j

I don't Facebook, but a friend sent me a screenshot of the Annual Passholder page, that they are checking magic bands at the boat at MK today.

Ed gave great advice on the current state. I think the ADR at TE will be your saving grace. If they are checking on the boat (I would walk or take the monorail to MK and boat over to the Fort) saying you have a reservation should let you on. If they check, it will show the ADR. You can debate how early is too early, but generally CMs don't like confrontation and you have a reason to go to the Fort, so I'll bet they let you arrive early.

j
Earlier this month, my family was told no earlier than 2 hrs prior to ADR (but that was driving, not boat).

I don't Facebook, but a friend sent me a screenshot of the Annual Passholder page, that they are checking magic bands at the boat at MK today.

We just got scanned now on 10/31 to ride the boat back to FW after a monorail ride. Only FW guests and ADRs allowed becuz of Halloween events.

Bama Ed

Ps-new Fort management doing work.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter