check cashing at deluxe resorts

jaygatz

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know the policy of Disney deluxe resorts concerning cashing personal checks? I budgeted about $2500.00 cash for our trip, but did not want to carry it with me and preferred not to waste money on ATM fees. If anyone with experience on this could let me know, I would be greatly obliged. TIA

You can cash a check for cash at your hotel each day for a total of $50.00. They will not let you have more than that in cash.

You can pay off balances on your folio with a check, once an approval code is received from a national check service.

I believe that some of the merchandise shops also take checks. Just remember that this is not a quick procedure. They will have to make a phone call each time and type in a lot of info into the phone before the approval code is obtained. '

Do you have a VISA/Mastercard debit card? This is much quicker and easier.

Bianca

Thanks for your response. Yes, we will use the AMEX for charges, but the cash was for street vendors, valet tips, etc. We're staying for 21 days, so I budgeted a little better than $100.00 per day. I just hate to blow $40.00 on ATM fees....maybe I should just open a Bankone savings/checking account before we leave.....

I personally was thrilled when BankOne got the contract. That has been my bank for years. Now I don't have to pay those Sun Trust fees every time I want money. LOL

Bianca

Personally I don't find the ATM fees that bad for the ease of use. If you have a debit card with a visa or mastercard logo there is no charge. If I need money I don't have to carry it with me. In the grand scheme of Disney vacation 30-40 in fees isn't bad.

That way you can be in and out in no time. Or not having to worry if the desk will cash your check.

Hi,

Found the ATMs great at WDW. Don't know what type of ATMs they had before the types of Bank One they have now.
They don't charge you a fee for using them. The only costs you can get is from your own bank that charges you for taking money out of ATMs that are not from your own bank.

I'v stayed about two weeks at WDW and live in The Netherlands, Europe. My bank don't charge me for using ATMS worldwide, so the use of them didn't cost me anything.
Also the good dollar rate is fine. One year ago when I was in the USA I took $100 was about 110 EURO. Now it was just about 88 EURO.
Sorry for the fokes who are planning a trip to Europe.

Marcel.

You should definately open a Bank One account if there is one nearby!!!! They have some great accounts, and the current promotions are fabulous! Ren

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter