• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheating on Disney? Where to?

My children are 9 and 12. Our last two longer trips were Washington, DC and Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg/Smoky Mountains. They were both great trips! We live in Florida, so we do lots of day trips and weekend trips to the beach, Orlando, St. Augustine, etc. Our next longer trip is New York--Niagara Falls, Ithaca, and NYC. Beyond that, I am considering Yosemite, British Columbia, Puerto Rico/Dominican Republic, Hawaii, and Europe, depending on my budget and the children's interests.

ETA: I don't consider this "cheating on Disney." I dated her a while, thought she was fun, but then realized she was only after my money! There was no way I was ready to commit to a long-term relationship with a nut job like that!

Last edited:
For the first time in about 15 years, we don't have a Disney trip planned...just not really feelin' the "Mouse love" anymore.

So instead, this summer we went on a tour of Europe (France, Switzerland, Germany, and Italy). And it only cost us a little more than our average Disney visit. ;)

Beyond thrilled with our choice.

We are taking DSS to his first trip to DLR next year and then my husband gave me the go ahead that instead of going to Disney in 2020 I get to take a dream vacation to Japan with a girlfriend of mine! So excited!

Unfortunately with the prices so high for everything at Disney we are backing off. We just don't feel like we are getting any value for our dollar.

Last time we went to Orlando we did Universal, SeaWorld, and Wet n Wild.
Sanibel
Clearwater for spring training
Playa De Carmen Mexico
Cancun
Atlantis (don't recommend)
Bermuda
Grand Canyon
Yosemite
Outer Banks
Boston/Cape Cod
NY Finger Lakes
Sandusky/Cedar Point
We are taking a RCL cruise for spring break 2017

Mexico (haven't been since 2014 so we're overdue and hoping to get a trip in to Puerto Vallarta in 2017) and Hawaii (went to Maui last month, our first time in over 10 years!)

What's Volcano Bay? Sounds promising.

We already took a trip to Universal this year and it was great. Next we are planning to visit British Columbia and are doing a kayak trip with orcas and humpbacks in Port McNeill. Then we head over to Carmel by the Sea and spend a few days at the beach and in Monterey.

Disney just doesn't have enough new stuff to get me over there. I rented all our DVC points and it was surprisingly fast and easy. We'll be back at DIsney again once there is something to get us to go back. A couple updated attractions and a new fireworks show is not enough.

It is Universal's new water park opening next year. IT is replacing Wet and Wild.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Parks/volcano-bay.aspx

We are doing a cruise on the Carnival Sunshine this October/November, leaving from Norfolk, VA and going to Nassau, The Bahamas; Amber Cove, Dominican Republic; and Grand Turk.

Where does everyone else go when they cheat on Disney???

I just booked a trip to Beaches Turks and Caicos instead of a 2nd trip to Disney this Fall.

I also booked a cruise in the new Carnival Vista for January.

So where are all of you going when you cheat on Disney, DCL, etc. :)

Oh and who's been to Beaches and has tips & tricks for me. My son will be almost 3.5.

I say that Disney is the Cheater.

We love going on cruises. Three years ago, we went on a cruise for the first time and have been on four more since then. We are going on another cruise in September and hope to cruise on Carnival's largest ship in March. We are also going to Maui this year. I love Hawaii, but it's across the country with very long flights. It's easier for us to cruise out of Florida or Texas.

We haven't been to Disney in several years. Now that my youngest is in college, we really like doing new things and visiting new places while taking cruises.

Viking Ocean Cruise - Mediterranean Odyssey. Can't wait! We've done three of their river cruises before and loved it. Disney? We're DVC and will save those points for Hilton Head or Vero. Need a break from the parks.

Im in Bermuda now, and will be here again in August for a wedding. SF/Napa with dh last year, Arizona with dc. Paris next year with dh, Colorado with kids next winter break. Disney is very expensive with 4 dc, and I like to experience other places. I would love to do another DCL cruise, but prices are insane. Our last trip to WDW was in February, and we probably won't be back for several years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter