"Cheating" on a resort

Tara

Bad Influence
This is going to sound silly...but what the heck. :)

If I had to pick an overall favorite resort, it would be BWI for the resort itself, the setting, and the proximity to Epcot. I've stayed there 2 times.

But we're going in September and staying at GF (stayed there 1 time before) for a few reasons -- we have a 3 year old son, so we want to be on the monorail line. And my MIL is going with us, so we want her to experience best of the best.

GF is WONDERFUL -- I love it -- so why do I feel like I'm cheating on BWI? I keep thinking "maybe we should go a couple of days early and stay at BWI first." When we go to Spoodles to eat, I'm sure I'll be hanging my head in shame. ;) :rotfl:

BWI...I still love ya, baby! :love2:

That is how I feel when I stay anywhere other than Coronado Springs or The Contemporary. I just came back from the Beach Club Villas and I too felt like I was "cheating" LOL.

The Polynesian is our favorite, but lately we have been staying at the swan. We used to go to the Polynesian, during value season, august, but now we go to wdw in april. I feel like we are cheating on the polynesian, but when all there is at the polynesian is rack rates for $300 plus, I feel like disney is cheating me and it makes the swan a little more easier to handle. especially financially. Last trip we ate at kona, rented mouseboats for the ds etc. I still longed to be there, but not at that price. This will happen again this year with us too if we cant get a good ap rate.

That's how we feel about GF. We tried to stay at POR (beautiful resort - don't flame me) and we lasted less than 2 hours before we went back and were able to get a room at GF. This year I think I've finally talked DH into letting us stay at YC for 4 nights at the end of our trip (we'll be at GF for 11 nights first). I'm nervous that once we get there we'll have that achy feeling and want to go back to GF, even though YC looks fabulous.

This Aug we're starting w/5nights at Pop (will keep busy, off property except to sleep)
then we'll stay 3 nights at our "home" WL (staying in lodge, not villas this time) and then we'll switch over to BCV 6nights -
I want to try an EpCot resort - DS13 didnt want to completely give up the WL though so we'll stay there a few nights in btwn

Yes! I know exactly what you mean! We couldn't get a room at a FL res rate in Nov at WL so we stayed at AKL. Well, I am kind of GLAD we couldn't get a Fl res rate at WL, cuz if not we would have never tried AKL...and we loved it!

BUT....we felt "weird" not being at WL! And we have ressies for POFQ in May (just DH and I...if codes don't come out we are cancelling) and he and I are trying to decide if we should "visit" our beloved WL or if that will just make us miss it more!

I have a friend who may rent us points...and if so we will stay at BWV since we never have and I keep hearing everyone say how awesome the location is. I want to try every resort on Disney property at least once in my life, so I have to get over this "cheating" feeling.

I'll be cheating on AKL - although I've only stayed there once I love it. MY DH is even throwing a fit, but I think he'll like WL even better. He's an outdoors kind of guy. And the location is a whole lot better for us right now. We are also staying at BC and I'm just not sure its for us, but we like the EPCOT area. Hope we'll fit in, or at least not embarrass ourselves. We'll be eating at Boma so we can visit our giraffes.

Our family will be cheating on the Polynesian this trip :) We're sneeking over to the GF. I just hope I don't keep checking to see if the Polynesian misses us ;)

Sansma...I am sure your DH will love the WL....the two resorts are actually similar. The WL is better located, and also it is more compact, which is nice. They are both "guy" kind of resorts...you just can't go wrong at either one!

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm sure it will be great. We're actually staying at WLV in a one bedroom, so I'm sure the extra room will offset my longing for the animals. Are there any deer at WL like there are at FW? My DD loved all the bunnies at OKW!

I , personally, have never seen any deer...but maybe over on the Villa side, where it is more quiet, you will get lucky.

There are otters in the "otter pond" and there are some cute mallard ducks that swim IN the pool. It is so sweet...they appear to not be afraid of people...they just swim around while folks are in the pool!

Have you seen the beautiful white peacock at FW? We always have one non park day and take the boat to FW to go to the petting zoo and pony rides and just to soak up the atmosphere!

DisneyMomx7 said:
That's how we feel about GF. We tried to stay at POR (beautiful resort - don't flame me) and we lasted less than 2 hours before we went back and were able to get a room at GF. This year I think I've finally talked DH into letting us stay at YC for 4 nights at the end of our trip (we'll be at GF for 11 nights first). I'm nervous that once we get there we'll have that achy feeling and want to go back to GF, even though YC looks fabulous.

Why don't you switch it around and do the YC first? That way, if you do get that achy feeling, you'll have the good stuff to look forward to.

We've never been to FW, but definitely planning on biking over one day at least. That is the one thing I didn't like about AKL, not really anywhere to take a long early morning walk or bike ride. I forgot about the otters!

wait till you hear the "frogs" in front of the villas in the early morning heading to the bus!

Just about every time that I have been on the trail between Ft. Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge I have seen a deer. It is really a beautiful area.

Carol

Whew! It's not just me! We are big fans of CSR but we just became DVC members and SSR is our new home. Part of me wanted to be at CSR, but SSR is our home, for many reasons now. We ate at the Pepper Market one night, that made me feel good.

Now I'm going back and have the chance to stay anywhere (anywhere I can afford with or without codes) and I am looking into POFQ. I haven't made ressie's yet, and I'd still flip-flopping between the two. I'm leaning towards POFQ, but I won't love it like I love CSR!

D4D

That's how we feel about the Dolphin. We were so fortunate to be able to stay there twice but due to finances we'll be finding out what POP is like this trip! We also stayed at CSR once and I loved it there very much but my kids really missed the Dolphin. DH was happy either place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter