Cheat, Starve, Demand "the free water."

My best tip is to take advantage of the free water at counter service locations, especially in the summer. That way you don’t need to lug around water bottles if you don’t want to.

And there’s no need to demand it, they will happily give it to you for free. :)
Exactly. We have never had the need to lug around water bottles in our bag that will weigh it down. We carry a light drawstring bag with very light essentials. Ice water is everywhere and a lot of places you don't even need to ask....it is in a big glass dispenser and self serve.

• Go to Parks early, take a midday break for a nap or a swim, head back to parks for the evening, cause there is something magical about the parks at night!
  • Drink water like it's your job - from when you wake to when you go to sleep.
  • Eat light - I prefer kids meals, because you can get a veggie or a fruit with every meal, and I always have room for dessert.
  • Take with you what will help you throughout the day - in pockets or bags. Water, snacks, tylenol, bandaids, etc. It is so much easier if you have it on your person instead of finding a shop or first aid.
  • If you have a plan, be open to diverting from it if you are suffering from heat or exhaustion. Take a break on long indoor rides or shows, and go slowly.
  • Yes, you paid alot of money for this vacation, but it would be worse to pay alot of money to be sick in your room. Take care of yourself and your crew.
  • I hope you have a great time - best of luck!

I don't get why you need to starve yourself at the parks. Just pack food into a cooler. It's not like other theme parks that don't allow outside food.
How would over booking a hotel help you? The extra people can't get fast passes 60 days out and a off site place could probably fit everyone forhthe same price.

We always go at the end of august, next year it will be mid July and mid September and the advice you've gotten so far is great. We have the 36 oz Yeti and it's perfect for the day. It has the twist off cap, so we'll hit a QS and get 3 ice waters (there's 3 of us) and dump it in. It stays ice cold all day and isn't too heavy in the bottom of our draw string bag. One other thing we discovered last year is that when you go to take a drink the air inside of it is like AC, it's awesome :) We also use the cooling towels.

Last year we decided to do more late afternoon/nighttime touring and it worked out fantastic. We were able to take our time in the morning, grab breakfast, swim, then get ready to go. The humidity is still there but at least the sun isn't beating down on you as much. I used to be an early morning person but was always tired and worn out by dinner, and would miss the parks at night. We still do some early mornings, but when we do we either have a sit down meal to refresh and cool off or head back to the resort for a bit.

Have a great time, stay hydrated and take plenty of breaks. Don't push yourself.

The inflatable raft idea cracks me up. When we travel with the grandkids, we always bring one. Anyone who can’t sleep quietly or nicely in the bed to which they have been assigned has to sleep on the blow up raft. Sometimes the smaller cousins have trouble sharing a bed. The funny thing is that they treat it like a punishment. Get along or get the raft!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter