Cheap, clean lodging in Charlotte?

grinningghost

<font color=green>Has a thing for the Swiss Family
I'm working on my WDW travel plan right now, and looking to book a room at a hotel in Charlotte, NC for a night, on the way down. As I've had some nightmare experiences in hotels "on the road" in the past, I am going to carefully choose one this time. Any recommendations? Nothing fancy, it's only one night - looking for something near Rte. 77. Clean, cheap and near some family restaurants. Thanks. :D

We haven't stayed in Charlotte for a long time but
love the stop above Charlotte, Jonesville, Hampton Inn -
beautiful rooms, friendliest people, wonderful morning
breakfast and queen beds! Also, below Charlotte is
Rock Hill - tons of beautiful hotels, Hampton Inn and
Country Inn & Suites. Check all of them out in a AAA book.
Also, if you are a AAA member, they do give discounts.
Many years ago we stayed at the Comfort Inn, next to a
theme park. It was OK, but prices very high when park
was open. Also, stayed at the EconoLodge at Lake Norman -
not again. Hope this helps. We like travelling on I77 instead
of I95. The hotels in Rock Hill have many restaurants nearby.
We always get to the one in Jonesville very late and just walk
to the Wendy's next door and bring back to room - also a
McDonalds across the street.

I have stayed at the Comfort Inn at Carowinds-last year. I was able to get a very cheap rate for them and found them to be clean and nice, with a continental breakfast in the am. They are just off the interstate south of Charlotte. We have also stayed at the Sleep Inn at the same intersection==it was more expensive, but the rooms were clean, and they did have a continental breakfast. I also found a suite at Summefield Suites off of 77 at Exit 7B which was very reasonable and included a full breakfast--I think I booked it on expedia. I think that the Jonesville exit is about 60 miles North of Charlotte.

We have stayed several times at the Hampton Inn in Rock Hill, SC, just south of Charlotte. Great Hotel. Has continental breakfast. Beside a shopping mall and several restaurants. Also, the Amerisuites in Charlotte near Carowinds is nice.

There's no need to go far from the ariport. I've got family over there. the airport is on Billy graham parkway and if you take the parkway towards I-85 there is a Sheraton and a Hampton Inn (I stayed there on my honeymoon - so did my wife!) and if you take the parkway to the south there are several hotels as well.
Do a google search for all the hotels on the parkway, but there are a ton and all of them are in good areas...

Don't sweat this decision, as long as your on the parkway, you should be OK.

:smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

I misread, sorry! I thought I read that you were flying in. The hotels I mentioned to the south were on I-77. I would agree with the other posts about the Carowinds hotels as well. Keep off I-77 during rush hour in Charlotte!! It's a parking lot. Stop north of Charlotte near Lake Norman if you are coming in that time of day and leave either early or late in the morning.

:o :o :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter