charging to room key

jessiecowgirl

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anyone has ever been able to charge to a room key without attaching a credit card to it? Can we give them travelers checks or cash to attach instead? I didn't want to have to credit card everything but I am also hesitatant to be carrying around large sums of money to the parks. :confused:

I think you can attach a credit card to your room key and pay with cash (or travelers check) before you leave. If I recall correctly they did not charge our credit card for room key purchases until we checked out on the last day. When you check out just hand over all your money ;) I'm sure someone else will know for sure what options you have.

You will have to put your room charge with your credit card as collateral. That really is the best way so that you don't have to be responsible for the risk associated with carrying cash.

We do a mix of both--carry cash in our fanny pack that NEVER leaves my waist for some purchases, and then use the room key/credit card for others.
If you want to "pay off" the card, do it to yourself. In other words, save some money so that when the monthly bill comes due, you can pay it all off with no interest charges.
You can call to double-check, but I am not aware that they will take cash/travellers checks as collateral for the room key.

Let us know what you find out.
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter