Character meals

rings

Earning My Ears
has any of you been for a character meal without children?
and how did you find it? i feel to old to be going without children i went to one in disneyland paris and really enjoyed it and ending up going 3 times

We always go without children, and don't feel odd at all! The characters at Disney treat the adults the same way they treat the children =) We have loads of fun!!!!!!!!

as its first time to disney we are not staying on site how do we find out and book character meals

Check out www.allearsnet.com She has a special section under dining that lists all the places that do character meals, with menu, pricing info, etc. You can call the Priority Seating number to get reservations for them, which are highly suggested for character meals. I think most character meals are 90 days out... some book fast, and have to be done that far in advance, and others not so much...

Good luck!

Characters love adults as much as kids. We really have hammed it up with a few of them--absolutely hilarious. We make it a point to book lots of character meals.

We have no children and have attended many character meals. We love the interaction with the characters and always have our camera, autograph book and fat pen ready. I would suggest going to at least one. It is truly a magical experience and you are sure to have a great time!

I have done numerous character meals, solo and with DW, I will be 50 in Jul. I have had a blast at all of them. The characters usually key off of your actions. If you wave them off, they move on. The more you interact with them the more they do. My DW and I always try to get them going in some form of conversaation. If they are not face characters they can not speak. If the are face characters like Cindy they will stay in character and it can really funny. My Dw had Cindy, Snow white and Aura all talking about how sloppy thier princes were at home. It was so funny. Go and have a great time. Don't forget the camera, you will not regret getting your photo taken with them.

We do not have any children and go for character meals all the time!!!!
Its great!!
:Pinkbounc

One of the best times I had on my last trip was a solo character meal at Breafastasaurus. Between the waitress and the characters I had the best time. I highly reccommend the experience.

Our first character meal was at Chef Mickey's and we were the only ones without kids. I was a bit shy at first (just b/c that's my personality) but it was fun. Mickey and Minnie flirted and took pictures with us, and the others would wave, put their arm on our shoulder, rub their tummies and basically moved on :)

As a local, I try to do at least one character meal per month - sometimes solo - usually with another adult or two. I've never had kids and I LOVE the freedom of not having to compete with children at my table for the characters' attention. My favorites are Chip 'n' Dale, but I adore ALL the "furries." They're so cuddly - like giant plush!

I seem to get the most attention at <I>Garden Grill</I> at Epcot, but I enjoy character dining at MK and at the resort hotels also.

We went to a character breakfast at ohauna's last year,with mickey,goofy and chip and dale. We had a blast,and we are in our 30's..Go and enjoy yourself!

And we always do at least one character meal each trip.
I had my 35th birthday breakfast at Chef Mickeys a few years
ago. Go for it, it's for kids of all ages.

DH and I LOVED 1900 Park Fare when we ate there last month.

One of the mice was flirting with DH and we had such a good time. Those are our favorite photos of the trip!

Next trip you can be sure I'll be making a PS for the two of us at another character meal....probably Chef Mickey.

Karen

I've done them on solo trips and really don't mind them. I'll have my picture taken with the characters on the first round, then I take out my book and read while I finish eating and the characters will just walk by or wave.

My husband and I are both 40 and are looking forward to our first night's dinner at Chef Mickey's. My husband wants to meet Goofy and have his picture taken with him. (ok ... he also wants to kiss snow white and goose cinderella but we won't go there!!!)
Character meals are great fun with or without kids!

Mom and I did one in 2000 at the Crystal Palace. Not because of the characters, but because it was a tradition when I was little to have breakfast there every morning before going on the rides and we wanted to "re-live" that.

Anyway, Pooh and the gang all stoped by the table, and we had a blast! Several got hugs from us, and we had fun watching the reactions of the tables around us that did have children.

I've done it a few times and loved every second of it! I'm even planning on two more in August! :) Can't wait til I'm there!

Tink

Just booked us 2 adults in at Chef Mickeys! So we shall wait and see....if it all goes wrong it's all your fault ;)

which Character meal would be the most fun/least embarrassing for four women who will be 22 at the time of their trip? I thought it would be fun for us to meet up with some princesses. I was thinking about the Princess Storybook Breakfast @ Epcot, but after reading the reviews at allearstnet.com, I'm thinking that's not such a good idea. It seems like the only people who enjoyed that one were people with small children - and even some of them didn't seem to like it. So what about breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table? Any opinions on that? Any other ideas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter