Character Meals - Are they all OOP or DDP?

Okay, I think I understand. I had posted a question a couple of days ago asking if I could pay partially OOP at CRT. I will have 4 credits for the meal (2A, 2C). I should be able to pay for one adult and one child OOP while using the plan for the other adult and child. Do I have this correct? I just want to make sure I have this correct, otherwise I will move my ADR's around a bit.

I suggest you re-read my posts and the quote I provided form the brochure in the section regarding character dining.

I don't know if it's enforced but it really does say everyone will have a credit deducted.

rantnnravin said:
Well...not really:

From the FAQ page of the June '06 dining brochure:

it doesn't say "your party may wish to" it says "you may wish to"

Lewisc said:
I suggest you re-read my posts and the quote I provided form the brochure in the section regarding character dining.

I don't know if it's enforced but it really does say everyone will have a credit deducted.

i read what you said. i disagree with your interpretation.

for example, the brochure says the following about Grand Gathering Experiences:
Two table service meals for each person participating in a Grand Gathering Experience will be redeemed from your meal plan balance. At least eight persons in your party must attend the same experience.
so if my family and my Sis-in-law's family are staying in two all-star rooms and she chooses not to buy the DDP, they will deduct 16 credits from my DDP because we're sitting at the same table?
i think not.

let's agree to disagree.

You can do a search, several posters were not allowed to pay OOP for kids meals at Chef Mickey's. I'll agree many (most?) restaurants are not currently enforcing it but the language with regards to character meals is pretty clear.

No they won't require, and might not even allow, you to use dining credits to treat SIL family. A reasonable interperation might require that you use credits for everyone in your party.

My post was really in response a poster who insisted that a CM who won't let you pay OOP for kids was making up rules.

rantnnravin said:
i read what you said. i disagree with your interpretation.

for example, the brochure says the following about Grand Gathering Experiences:

so if my family and my Sis-in-law's family are staying in two all-star rooms and she chooses not to buy the DDP, they will deduct 16 credits from my DDP because we're sitting at the same table?
i think not.

let's agree to disagree.

Those CMs probably didn't let people pay OOP for kids b/c they thought they were enforcing the rules so people couldn't use those credits later for adults. Of course, the CMs couldn't know if someone was planning on using the kids credits for kids somewhere else! Also, I don't see why an adult's meal couldn't be paid for OOP b/c you'd obviously use it for an adult later. Who knows... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter