Chapek out - Iger back

I don't believe that is true at all. I've been to "sold out" (of reservations) days at Disneyland and DCA numerous times over the last year and crowd levels have varied considerably.

It's about "fill up the parks to the staffing level we feel like implementing on any given day" more than "fill up the parks to capacity."
At Disneyland it's different being there is 2 parks and they close together. At WDW there is 4 parks, and with the majority of guests all wanting MK at some point the reservation system helps push them to other parks

For us this will only matter if he brings the cost of going to Disney back from No Seriously how much, to just expensive. Along with the perks of staying on property.

No surprise there. I wouldn't say he didn't bring value but was woven too closely to Chapek.

Seeing his comments after that McCarthy is part of a plan makes me sick. With a company in this shape, being devalued the CFO should have been walked out with Chapek.

I'm not a McCarthy fan because she never bothered to apologize for her fat shaming comments. However, we now know she was one of the top executives that told the board she was leaving if they didn't do something. She is also rumored to be the one that reached out to Iger first.

It would just make sense she's part of plan.

Why was my post removed for saying I did not see this was a good thing? Do I have to agree with Disney's decision to express an opinion? I did not break any rules nor was I sent anything from admins? !!

I don’t think Iger will be directly involved in any expansion plans, but his mandate is to groom a new CEO and given his limited time he may be able to plant the right philosophical seeds.

Iger is on a legacy mission in a short time frame. He will weigh in where he thinks he should (as he always has—new Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom, Pandora at Animal Kingdom and Galaxy's Edge) and one of those places may be a response to Epic Universe. I also expect he will have something to say about Disneyland Paris. Supposedly, they've cancelled Galaxy's Edge there.

The lack of solid future plans for D23 was morale crushing for the company. He's not going to leave the parks untouched.

Why was my post removed for saying I did not see this was a good thing? Do I have to agree with Disney's decision to express an opinion? I did not break any rules nor was I sent anything from admins? !!

There's some issues with the boards this week removing post that end in certain numbers. There is a discussion about it in the technical support thread. The post show up in your profile, but don't show up on the boards. I'm hoping they're working on it because a bunch of mine are missing too.

There's some issues with the boards this week removing post that end in certain numbers. There is a discussion about it in the technical support thread. The post show up in your profile, but don't show up on the boards. I'm hoping they're working on it because a bunch of mine are missing too.

Thank you. I was not aware. I even looked back at some of my older comments, from earlier in the year, and they are not visible. I thought maybe the thought police was coming after me. LOL

Unfortunately none of that is going to happen. Chapek did everything they wanted to always do. Which includes Genie+ and getting rid of Magic Express. Iger is being brought back for one thing only and that is to fix the studios side of the company. The parks are doing well so they have no need to change things. IMO the damage has been done and bringing Iger back isn't going to change that.
Exactly this. Not sure how much iger will change from a fans prospective. Park reservations aren’t going anywhere, G+ isn’t going anywhere, ILL purchases aren’t going anywhere, dining plan’s not coming back, magical express is not coming back. And it’s for sure going to continue to become more and more expensive. All that being said as long as I can keep renewing my AP I’ll keep going :)

Roll genie+ into the ticket price and you can only get a lightning lane when you are in the park. You can get another one every hour regardless of the one(s) you have (So stacking allowed) Eliminate the paid for lightning lanes. Park hop as much as you want but if you leave a park you lose your lightning lanes.
Keep the park reservation system to help balance the initial entrance into the parks.
Bring back the citizens of Hollywood and other street performers

Keep crowd control simple. With today's tech it is easy to clock people in and out. One person leaves another one gets in.

We need two CEOs.

Eisner and Wells were the golden years post Walt.

A smiley happy creative person who oozes Disney to placate the fans, and a money/corporate guy.

Disney is a strange business with their finger in so many different pies.

The parks and studios are both entertainment, but hugely different beasts. Near on impossible to find someone who is a complete master of both. Hence having to bring back Iger.

It might be that they find someone now externally with corporate nous, perhaps paired with someone from in-house who is proven creatively.
Agree if you can get right mix. I remember when Splash Mountain was proposed. Story was Eisner said, "we cannot afford to build it" Wells said "We cannot afford not to build it

Agree if you can get right mix. I remember when Splash Mountain was proposed. Story was Eisner said, "we cannot afford to build it" Wells said "We cannot afford not to build it
Hopefully that idea is scratched all together. Leave well enough alone. Put that money to better use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter