Change in cancellation policies?

chocolateMinnie

DIS Veteran
We were hoping to book dinner at MAYA Grill for our arrival night in October but according to the WDW website they (and Le Cellier and CMC to name a few) now have cancellation policies.

Before I make my ADRs can I check if anyone has found this recently when they have booked?

I wouldn't normally dream of not cancelling a meal but as our flight isn't due in from the UK until 15.40 I am risking it if the flight is delayed.

Thanks.

I could not find a change in policy regarding Le Cellier!

What changes have you noted ChocolateMinnie?

I also haven't seen anything about cancellations at these restaurants. Some of the restaurants require a credit card guarantee. With those restaurants you are charged a fee if you don't cancel within a certain period or if you are a no show.

Le Cellier doesn't require a credit card guarantee. There isn't any way for them to enforce a cancellation policy when they don't require a credit card.

I've seen it on the booking conditions on the Walt Disney World dining part, under individula restaurants including the above it now says words to the effect of 'cancellation policy applies' I'll report back if I'm successful with the ADRS on Monday.

I went back through my ADR confirmations to see if I could figure out what it was that you saw. I think it may have been this wording:

"•Please review the Guest Policies for each dining location, including any cancellation policy or dress code guidelines that may apply."

That wording is standard boiler plate wording that tells you to read the details about each restaurant. When you go down to the Payment and Cancellation Policies for Le Cellier specifically it doesn't address anything about cancellations (like Akershus does) just that they add a gratuity of 18% for parties of 6 or more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter