CG or Narcossees Brunch?

I chose CG for the appetizer buffet. The sushi was delicious! Also I thought it would be nice to come back to watch Wishes (we ended up going to DHS for Fantasmic instead)

It included the all you can eat appetizers, then entrees (and we had no problems ordering extras) and then a dessert platter (sadly, we didn't care much for this). $80/pp (or 2 TS credits) plus tip. Lovely meal in a beautiful setting. I enjoyed the live music.

I'm doing the Narcoosee one just because I read that the signature Bloody Mary is included in the price but is an extra cost at CG, even though you only get one. And the price itself.

So, has anyone else had bottomless mimosas at both? And a Bloody Mary included at Narcossees but extra at CG?

So, has anyone else had bottomless mimosas at both? And a Bloody Mary included at Narcossees but extra at CG?
A friend had the CG brunch a couple of weeks ago and had the bottomless mimosas and enjoyed the brunch. We are trying it in November.

When my 180 days came up and it was time to make reservations, CG brunch was the first one I made. I did look at Narcoosees brunch as well but CG's appetizer buffet with sushi, salads and charcuterie were just too much to pass up IMO.

The appetizer buffet was really good - and was the tipping point for me too. Plus, I was using 2 TS credits so the $10 cheaper price at Narccoossee wasn't really a factor.

And yes, I was offered bottomless mimosas at CG when I was there in August. Didn't end up taking them up on it since most of my party really didn't drink so when I wanted a bit more, I just drank a bit of theirs.

I love CG's brunch and am returning in March. I also just made an ADR for Narcoossee's for December after reading the reviews posted. :rolleyes: I can't wait to try it and compare it to CG!

Thanks for posting the reviews. Although both look great, I definitely want to try the Narcoossee's brunch now. I'm a fan of Bloody Mary's and not so much of the chartreuse so that swayed my mind :)
Funny about reviews by Josh @ easywdw - his is but one viewpoint.

Personally, I do not always agree with his 'taste' in some foods; I venture into the 'exotic-flavors' more than his meat-n-potatoes (that likely appeal to his audience better).

But Josh certainly gives unvarnished opinions and plenty of valuable information for planning.

And funny about Bloody-Mary's being the tipping point towards Narcoossee's - that drink does nothing for me. My math is the sushi buffet at CA Grill (since we typically have dinner of sushi one night at CA Grill during our stay anyway); my child will very much enjoy the charcuterie station (if only she would eat green vegetables...so we're going to 50's Prime Time...).

To expose my eccentric bona fides, after reviewing the menus for my upcoming ADR's, I am on a mission to find 'the best' shrimp-n-grits at Disney. I might need a seat at the bar at Narcoossee's to see how they 'represent'. My list includes: blueZoo, CA Grill brunch, Homecoming, and Boathouse. While currently on the CRT breakfast menu, we will not be going here this vacation or to Coral Reef, but the lounge at Brown Derby may see me there just before a dessert party.

Funny about reviews by Josh @ easywdw - his is but one viewpoint.

Personally, I do not always agree with his 'taste' in some foods; I venture into the 'exotic-flavors' more than his meat-n-potatoes (that likely appeal to his audience better).

But Josh certainly gives unvarnished opinions and plenty of valuable information for planning.

And funny about Bloody-Mary's being the tipping point towards Narcoossee's - that drink does nothing for me. My math is the sushi buffet at CA Grill (since we typically have dinner of sushi one night at CA Grill during our stay anyway); my child will very much enjoy the charcuterie station (if only she would eat green vegetables...so we're going to 50's Prime Time...).

To expose my eccentric bona fides, after reviewing the menus for my upcoming ADR's, I am on a mission to find 'the best' shrimp-n-grits at Disney. I might need a seat at the bar at Narcoossee's to see how they 'represent'. My list includes: blueZoo, CA Grill brunch, Homecoming, and Boathouse. While currently on the CRT breakfast menu, we will not be going here this vacation or to Coral Reef, but the lounge at Brown Derby may see me there just before a dessert party.
Huge shrimp and grits fan. Looking forward to trying the CG brunch ones, but hoping they revert to grits instead of a grit cake.

Last edited:
I take no credit, the reviews are by Jo
Your review decided me as to which restaurant to have brunch at on the day before Christmas Eve: Narcocoossee's. Boat over, walk back, LOL.

Still giving love to California Grill but for dinner instead.

I take no credit, the reviews of CA Grill & Narcoossee's brunch are the work os Josh at EasyWDW.com who provides his information for free (unless you want to buy his book).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter