Celebration of Harry Potter Films, Nov 11-13, at Islands of Adventure

I am going to be so tired but I wont even care because I'll be running on adrenaline the whole time! :yay:

Luckily I am used to being up very early (have to be to work by 6am every day). So the early entry time is perfect for me. And since the park closes earlier this time of year there will be a little down time in the evenings.

As thrilled as I am about the 6:00 am early entry, I believe it will be more crowded each day at 6:00 am than at noon.

They don't allow costumes for several reasons. Such as to not confuse guests who may think someone in costume is actually a TM, and also so you do not have a guest dressed up as Hagrid or something signing autographs or posing for pictures. I have seen plenty of people wear their Hogwarts robes and even met a lovely group of guests who wore their own witch/wizard gear with nothing said to them. I think it's just full on Potter costumes that could get you spoken to.

Where did u guys read about the "no costumes" thing? :confused3 I always went there in a HP costume,and so other people...wondering if I missed something out! I have my 2 costumes already packed..........Ok, just saw it! Well, does that mean I cannot wear ANY costume at all???? :( I got ready my Quidditch one! Oh man! Im gonna ask Universal this morning! The major fun is walking around dressed up!........Ok, I called...Apparently you are allowed to wear robes, sweaters, etc....a Hogwarts Uniform to be clear bc Universal sells them, all the components....but not other costumes! So, my Quidditch uniform for which I spent 3 months and money, just to get it ready for this event is forbidden! :( When Im gonna to wear it? AWE

Hi! I just registered so I could post about this event. I have the celebration package and am leaving tomorrow!! The premiere packages were sold out by the time I got to a computer about an hour after they went on sale. Anyway, I just called Universal to ask about the Q and A and see if all cast memebers would be at each one or if only some would be at each one. I was told all cast memebers will be at every Q and A so I was excited to hear that!

I am still wondering about the red carpet media event on Sat. night though. Is it like a movie premiere where fans can line the carpet and observe and possibly get autographs or are fans not allowed anywhere near it? The lady I talked to said she couldn't find much information about it or the location. Does anyone know the location just in case fans can observe? Anyone else planning to try and go to it?

I am still wondering about the red carpet media event on Sat. night though. Is it like a movie premiere where fans can line the carpet and observe and possibly get autographs or are fans not allowed anywhere near it? The lady I talked to said she couldn't find much information about it or the location. Does anyone know the location just in case fans can observe? Anyone else planning to try and go to it?

I'm wondering this too. I live in Orlando and have an AP. I want to go check it out after work so I wanted to know if there would be any chance I'd even see the HP cast, even from a distance.

Just to respond to everyone quickly, you cannot wear costumes, I read this at the official wwohp orlando event page (it wont let me paste it in here because of my lack of posts :\). It was under the FAQ.

The red carpet is Saturday and it is for cast members, the media, and contest winners only. So I believe you wont even be able to get in, considering the time the parks close this weekend, which is at 7PM.

Just to respond to everyone quickly, you cannot wear costumes, I read this at the official wwohp orlando event page (it wont let me paste it in here because of my lack of posts :\). It was under the FAQ.

The red carpet is Saturday and it is for cast members, the media, and contest winners only. So I believe you wont even be able to get in, considering the time the parks close this weekend, which is at 7PM.

The red carpet event on Saturday is at 8:30 pm. So I don't think the general public will be able to get any where near it since the park closes earlier in the evening. :(

Off to the airport then onward to Universal. Have a safe trip to all those leaving today. After all these months of going back and forth here, I can finally say, "see you guys tomorrow at 6 AM!"

We will be leaving for the airport ourselves in a few hours. Can't wait to get there. Hopefully this time next week everyone will be saying what a great time they had.

we leave in the wee hours tomorrow. We are not scheduled for autographs till the next day,, soooo, we will NOT be at the park tomorrow. What will we miss? We have breakfast Saturday and the autographs and the cast. Then Sunday the gala I think. We're there Monday as well. But though we'll be there tomorrow at City Walk and our hotel, no parks for us. ;( Hubby just had to decide really quick when making reservations. We didn't have time to think it through. I hope I am not missing anything?...

See ya all there and if anyone wants to trade autographs (I am after the David Heyman, David Yates, Jason Isaacs, Nick Moran and Domhnall Gleeson and I am willing to trade away my Phelps, Katie Leung etc or others as I know people are after that... Willing to even swap one for one (cause we are allowed two each I hear; one will be there photo and one of our own). I will trade park photos one on one. Can't do "my own" cause I have one signed by Radcliffe and I am not trading that and one signed by Afshan and I am not trading that either! LOL

you can email me dahoov2 at cox dot net I will respond and we can meet up somewhere in the park or city walk or something.

We're here; settled into our room at Hard Rock! Not planning to do the 6 am thing tomorrow; we have b'fast at Three Broomsticks at 9 so will sleep in a bit, pick up our package stuff and head for b'fast. DS's Q&A is at 1 so DD and I will hang around that area until he is done.

I'm here.....and up for early entry. Forgot my lime green mickey ears so ya but I'm here. Lol. I'll say hi if I see anyone else's though. Hopefully it isnt packed but we will see. Depends on other ppl and their plans I guess.

Have a great time! Everyone --- PLEASE, please post photos so that we can experience it that way :) Wished we could be down there, just saw a photo of Luna on HP's Facebook Page, she's so cute.

My DD met Daniel Radcliffe on Tuesday night after seeing the show and she wants to go back to WWoHP more than ever now! She's so cute she got his pen cap when he dropped it and he said "Don't worry about it" so she's kept it since it was touched by him so it's now in the HP shrine in her room along with the autographed program :lmao:

Have a great time! Everyone --- PLEASE, please post photos so that we can experience it that way :) Wished we could be down there, just saw a photo of Luna on HP's Facebook Page, she's so cute.

My DD met Daniel Radcliffe on Tuesday night after seeing the show and she wants to go back to WWoHP more than ever now! She's so cute she got his pen cap when he dropped it and he said "Don't worry about it" so she's kept it since it was touched by him so it's now in the HP shrine in her room along with the autographed program :lmao:

AWESOME!! My DD will be sooo jealous!

For those locals who want to get a chance at seeing some people....

A number of members of the cast of the Harry Potter films, from Rupert Grint to Warwick Davis, Jason Isaacs and the guys who play the Weasley Twins as well as Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), taking part in a Wizarding World of Harry Potter celebration of the release of the final DVD/BluRay from the series, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.” That hits video stores today.

Their big even is Saturday night at the Wizarding World, but Friday night — tonight — some of them are visiting a WalMart near the Universal Studios-Orlando theme park to sign copies of the video. Buy a BluRay or DVD, get them to sign it.

Not sure who’ll show up at the store (Daniel Radcliffe isn’t in town this time), but here are details –

When: 7-9 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 11, 2011,

WHERE: Walmart

8998 Turkey Lake Road

Orlando, Fla.

Sounds like a good chance....This Walmart will be VERY Busy I am sure...

I am scheduled for the Q&A tomorrow...I am not sure if I am going to go or not...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter