Not open for further replies.

karenmoloney

DIS Veteran
We are :
Me (Karen) 39, soon to be 40:scared1:
DH (Denis) 40
DD1 (Nicole) 6
DD2 (Natasha) 2

Although we went to DLP in October, staying at the Marriott for a week which was supposed to be to celebrate my birthday, I've got to go again. Initially we had booked cheap flights with Ryanair (1p and no tax) to go to London for a few days, but we have noone to look after the girls so although we still have the tickets, we will not be able to use them. Then DH said that he was thinking of taking me to Belfast for a night, meeting up with friends & staying overnight for my birthday (my Mum & Dad would just be able to manage one evening & overnight), but I said that if he wanted to treat me to an overnight, then he could take me to the Disneyland Hotel & he said OK:cool1: So I booked it double quick, going on Saturday 10th Jan, returning on Tuesday 13th January, taking advantage of the extra night free offer. Although we all have annual passes, it was cheaper to book the package so I now have tickets that I don't need, but didn't come across who could use them.

We haven't told the girls yet that we are going, but we will tell them when we get them up early on Saturday morning. We have to be out of the house at 7 am as it takes 1 1/2 hours to drive to the airport, flight at 10.25 arriving at CDG at 13.05. Still haven't decided whether to get the VEA (13.50) or a taxi, we will see at the time. It mostly depends on how Natasha is and what time it is when we get through arrivals.

We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel :banana: :banana: :banana: & have added half board premium to our booking. By the time we arrive it will be about 3pm, so hopefully we will be able to go straight to the room. We will probably see the characters in the reception at 4pm & do Anamagique that evening & have a wander round and maybe do a few rides depending on the crowds. I don't think I have ever been there on a weekend before, so don't know what to expect for queues. We have booked California Grill for dinner at 7pm. We have never eaten there before & we have the half board premium to cover the meal, so we would love to try it. Just hope Natasha will behave herself & sit at the table!

On Sunday (my birthday), I would like to do EMH & then go back to the hotel for breakfast. Then maybe have a swim. We have booked the princess lunch for 12.30 (more half board premium) because Nicole just loves this (still hoping Natasha will manage to sit down!). At some stage we will do Anamagique again as it is closed from Monday & Natasha loves it. I have booked Cafe Mickey for 18.30 & will have just have one course & the birthday cake. I wasn't going to bother, but Natasha has been going on about a birthday cake at Mummy's birthday, so I am going to do it!

On Monday, I am expecting the crowd levels to be low so we can get loads of rides done. Depending on when we wake up (not my strong point!) we might do EMH. We will have something light for lunch & for dinner I have booked Inventions (using last set of half board preium vouchers) for 7pm - but may change this to 7.30 and watch Candlebration first.

On Tuesday there is no EMH, so we will sleep in, have breakfast & check out. We have the day in the parks until we catch the bus back to CDG at 17.30. I have booked Lucky Nugget for 1pm & will probably eat something else before the bus because it is a long way home and it will save me having to find something for the kids to eat at the airport. Our plane leaves at 2100, arriving into Belfast at 2045 & hopefully we will be back home for about 2300. Nicole has to go to school the next morning as we only told the teacher that she would be off Monday & Tuesday, so I hope she's not too tired.

At some stage over the holiday I would like to do the Disneyland Park tour (preferably on the Sunday because that's my birthday), so I must find out if they are running one in English when I'm there.

I am so looking forward to getting there - if I could just cut out the travelling bit - and celebrating my birthday with the mouse. I will be looking out for Juliette & her family round the Disneyland Hotel too while we are there - it would be lovely to meet them.

Hope you have a wonderful time and it warms up a bit!

Have a lovely time and birthday......you must see the characters at 4pm, it was brilliant when we were there.....

I will be looking out for you, Karen! Will try to spot you on Sunday to say Happy Birthday!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter