"Celebrate the Mouse" DVD's anyone???

nu2dvc

Mouseketeer
Hi all....wasn't sure where to post this, but:

Do any of y'all have the DVD's that are sold through the Celebrate the Mouse website?? Somebody posted earlier today about ordering them and I checked them out. Looks interesting, but....

I'm just wondering how the quality and content is and whether they are worth purchasing...

The MK set is 14 discs (I think..) and is on sale for $15. If you buy two items they ship for free, so I was thinking about adding the "Resorts and DTD" which isn't on sale, and is $35.

I figured I should try to get some feedback on these before spending $50 on them! I think it would be fun to watch b/w trips when we need a little fixin' of the magic. I would also like to "tour" the resorts I haven't stayed in from the comfort of my couch, as well as allow my kids to see the attractions they have reservations about going on. Maybe seeing them in detail will help them decide if they want to go on them or not.

But if the quality is crummy it wouldn't be something I'm interested in, soooooo....anybody have 'em? Any feedback appreciated!!

I wouldn't buy them. Looks like someone took a video camera and made their own video and is selling it. The preview links on the website don't work and the one day sale is probably every day.

You can find plenty of Disney video on You Tube for free.

:) Bill

Oh, yeah they are for sure amateur. I was hesitant b/c of this fact, but figured somebody might chime in to say that they have them and they are decent.

So.....anybody??

PP-I know what you mean about youtube- I love the free aspect of it, and my kids and I often do check out attractions on there....but that is super-shoddy recording and I had hoped these DVD's would be a step above that. At least they are edited.

You can purchase pro shot WDW video at the parks. They have individual parks and boxed sets. Only problem is sometimes they are a little dated, but the quality will be very good. I have to believe that WDW will offer blu-ray in the not too distant future.:earsboy:

I don't have it handy but another helpful Dis-er here has the number to call for theme park merch:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter