CDG to DLP

sharkles73

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

My wife and I have been to Disneyland Paris many times (I lost access to my old account :( with all our old trip reports) but our last trip was in 2013 and our last trip via plane was in 2008(!) as we used the direct Eurostar for nearly all of our trips. We have a daughter now, who is 7, so we are hoping to take her on her first trip in January as a surprise but the options for getting from the airport to Disney (we will be staying at Sequoia Lodge) seem very expensive. The TGV would be over £160, which is bonkers, and the Disney shuttle would be around £100. Onto the question, does anyone have any recent experience of the private shuttles? As looking at a few it seems we could book one for the same price as the shuttle (which I remember being a bit of nightmare journey even with just two adults).

As an aside, it's really quite depressing how expensive DLP now is. My wife and I have stayed at all of the hotels many times, including 4 stays at the Disneyland hotel, and all but the Sequoia/Newport seem unaffordable now. On one of our last trips we had 4 nights in the Disneyland hotel just before Christmas and it was about £1050 which seems like a dream now! I appreciate we now have an extra little person to pay for, but a similar trip would be over £2600 now and with no breakfast (which is quite a bit more than the Castle Club quotes I got back then) I really miss the days of trawling the various country sites to look for the best offer and jumping on a 50% flash sale! Oh well, it is the same everywhere I suppose.

When in January are you going? If it's before the 7th, that's still school holidays and that would explain the prices.
But even then... yeah, like every where in the world, hotels have gotten expensive in ten years, even more after Covid.

Ever since Covid there haven't been any big DLP promotions, so... :(

If you are not going in school holidays, what you could try is to look at a hotel platform like Trivago.com, hotels.com, booking.com etc. and price out what happens if you book hotel and tickets separately. Maybe something good comes up. When you book an onsite Disney hotel you do not have to worry about park reservations, regardless of how you book it.

And yes, the train from CDG can be expensive, and probably a car service is a better (cheaper) option for you. Two 'recent' threads.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...oia-for-an-11-00-a-m-flight-from-cdg.3907562/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/private-transport-from-cdg.3881674/

Thanks Karin, I'll have a look at those threads.

I think I'm just a bit put out that this trip will be so much more expensive than the Disneyland Hotel because I just want to stay there again!

Yeah, I'll keep an eye out for hotel offers but I think we are probably stuck with a direct package given what the tickets now cost.

Thanks Karin, I'll have a look at those threads.

I think I'm just a bit put out that this trip will be so much more expensive than the Disneyland Hotel because I just want to stay there again!

Yeah, I'll keep an eye out for hotel offers but I think we are probably stuck with a direct package given what the tickets now cost.
Hotel packages start booking about 12 months in advance and are dynamic pricing, so the more in advance you book the cheaper it is. I booked 10 months in advance. Also restaurant reservations open at the same time, so people will be booking them too.

You are already down to less than 3 months in advance, so the prices are only going to increase.

Hotel packages start booking about 12 months in advance and are dynamic pricing, so the more in advance you book the cheaper it is. I booked 10 months in advance. Also restaurant reservations open at the same time, so people will be booking them too.

You are already down to less than 3 months in advance, so the prices are only going to increase.
I've been watching the prices on and off for years now and am open to booking for whenever really but the days we are going for are pretty much the cheapest going for the Sequoia and the cheapest I have seen for a long while. There seems to be very little variance in the prices, it's just the same base price for each £, ££, £££ level with a few extra expensive options.

The Disneyland Hotel prices after the refurb are insane. I am curious if all the new bells and whistles make it worth it, but I have my doubts. You have to take time out of the parks to experience it all, and I don't think every guest staying there is going to do that. Which wil infuence the price/quality feeling.

Same as with the Marvel hotel where you pay extra for the brand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter